The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:38 am 
NZCM "Bug Stompers"

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.12144E1
Sir.

HMNZS Te Kaha is the NZCM ship FYI.

Carry on.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:36 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
prev wrote:
Sir.

HMNZS Te Kaha is the NZCM ship FYI.

Carry on.

updated.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:53 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
Mantroon wrote:
Dropshipbob wrote:
Just so I have this clear...

If I happen to be a member of this board and I want to go to....say...a convention that some other AL members will be attending and I want to hang out with said members, I have to be a member of this club to do so?

Where are you seeing that?

What I meant to say was, if there's a group of AL members in costume at an event, and if I happen to be there in costume but NOT signed up, I need to be in order to be with the larger group?

It's a boot!"

III drops

Post subject: Re: The Aliens Legacy Charter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:43 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Quote:
6 - Colonial Administration.

The Aliens Legacy will have 5 members, who are elected to the position for a term of (1) year. These 5 members will be in charge of overall club. Their positions are as following:

6.1 - Commanding Officer of the AL (AKA CO) - The top officer and president of the club. Responsible for the overall operation of the club which may include serve as a point of contact for official club business, serving on club level disciplinary hearings, and delegating tasks to administrative staff.

6.2 - Executive Officer of the AL (AKA XO) - The second in command and vice president of the club. The XO assists the CO in operations of the club. The XO may be required to act as CO in the absence of the CO. The XO will also serve on club level disciplinary hearings. The XO will oversee club elections.

6.3. - Sergeant at Arms of the AL (AKA SGTA) - The SgtA interprets and enforces club rules. All levels of discipline shall be overseen by the SgtA. The SgtA will be in charge of the yearly roll call of active members.

6.4 - Registrar of the Aliens Legacy - Will be in charge of recording member accounts, issuing serial numbers in a timely fashion and recording any drop ribbon achievements. The registrar will assist the XO in running the elections.

6.5 - Technical support Officer (AKA TSO)- The TSO will be in charge of maintaining any and all forums and websites used by the Aliens Legacy. The TSO can pick an administrative staff to assist them with this task.

Colonial Administration is tasked with dealing with all issues which could affect the club on an international level. Any changes to the charter will be conducted by the Colonial Administration. (see section 10 for further information) A member may hold any office, but not multiple at the same time. There are no term limits who how long members can hold their respective office.

So what does everyone think about requirements for the Colonial Administration? I know this is going to end up being the biggest debate. Should there be a limit on how many from a division can be on the Colonial Administration? Depending of the results of the vote I can see people stating it is "stacked".

Example is (remember this is just an example and you can exchange the variables however you wish. I am not pointing out any divisions or members.):
- GERCM members are voted to fill 3 of the 5 Colonial Administration positions. Members of the AUCM, UACM, UKCM and USCM worry as GERCM now holds a majority in the CA.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a possibility in the proposed charter. Shouldn't we address this now in case this comes up? Maybe put a limit of 2 members from each division that way one division does not have majority. Or if you want to go to the extreme one from each division so each division is represented. I do believe that extreme would involve changing the name of the positions and duties. Or do we need something like NATO were every division is represented?

What does everyone think?

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Last edited by gman666 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:33 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Understand Greg's concerns.
Besides (if possible) all local groups: AUCM, UACM, UKCM, USCM, ... should (not must) be considered/represented.
So a maximum quota for a group would make sense assuming the so "freed" spots could be filled by other groups.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:26 am 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
12.4 Lessor Offences
Conduct Unbecoming of a Colonial Marine - Alien Legacy members are required to treat fellow members, civilians, event sponsors, etc with common sense and respect. Inappropriate behavior that might result in disciplinary action include, but not limited to:
Harassment of fellow members.
Abuse or misuse of club forums or social media
Inappropriate behavior during events.
Extreme intoxication during events.

This is a Welcome Addition to the Group. In fact, it's far, far overdue.

BULLYING HAS NO PLACE IN OUR GROUP!!

Treating fellow Members like so much dog crap, is not a part of this group. Behavior like this, just sickens me. I've seen it in other groups, I've experienced it first hand in the workplace. As I've experienced this before I know how much it hurts. It brings it all back what I'd thought long forgotten.

If you have differences with another member, acting like a ass doesn't mean you are right.

It's Embarrassing and Serves No Purpose other that to Hurt Others.

As some of you know, I'm part of other costuming groups. One of which is based on Marvel Superheroes. Our West Coast branch has similar rules and regulations. I've served two terms as CO and am currently serving as XO.
The National Group that oversees all the Branches, has elections as do the various Chapters. I have been appointed to the National Group as Captain of the Guard.

In that capacity, I oversee all the Chapters, viewing their Facebook pages on a daily basis, making sure Rule and Protocol are observed.

We've had several issues within our Chapter and in other Chapters. It's Charter is used to not only enforce Rules and Regulations, but to keep Members Safe.

I applaud heartily the efforts of Mike Rizzuto, who worked damn hard on this Charter. :delta: :delta: :delta:

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:18 am 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1

I've been asked why I feel so strongly about the disciplinary portion of the Charter.

See, I was the victim of Workplace Harassment / Bullying.

I was employed by a construction company. One guy, by the name of Jeff, had upper management's ear.

For years, I saw him get guys in trouble, guys who had disagreed with him. Petty differences really.

Then I saw guys get fired.

I said Nothing.

I did Nothing.

Then Jeff started in on me, after I stuck up for a guy.

I went to Management, who asked me not to file a complaint against Jeff.

It got worse and worse.

Then one day, Jeff fabricated a story about me. Which resulted in disciplinary action against me and then loss of employment.

As I searched for Employment, frantically trying not to loose my house, Jeff continued. Until one day, he was discovered and terminated.

Me, I still couldn't find work and ended up loosing my home.

So, yes, I react quite negatively to Bullying. I've told Friends they were wrong. They've gotten Angry with Me.

I will tell the Club President of our Avengers Superhero Group, if he's wrong or will bring up a different perception. I've known him over 20 years. If Discipline is necessary it's done. If someone is accused of an infraction, a Group of Officers conducts an Investigation. The Accused has a right to defend themselves, to know who is accusing him / her. Both Sides can call Witnesses, submit Written Statements.

A Decision will then be reached. A Hearing can also be Conducted.

So, That's Why I Stand Against Bullying. It's Wrong, Plain and Simple.

If someone gets angry with me because I don't agree with them regarding Bullying, then so be it. It's sad. It's Disheartening, especially when that person is a close friend.

But I will not be silent and stand by and Do Nothing! Not Ever Again!

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Last edited by Hollis DZC on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:05 am 
Expendable

gman666 wrote:
So what does everyone think about requirements for the Colonial Administration? I know this is going to end up being the biggest debate. Should there be a limit on how many from a division can be on the Colonial Administration? Depending of the results of the vote I can see people stating it is "stacked".

Example is (remember this is just an example and you can exchange the variables however you wish. I am not pointing out any divisions or members.):
- GERCM members are voted to fill 3 of the 5 Colonial Administration positions. Members of the AUCM, UACM, UKCM and USCM worry as GERCM now holds a majority in the CA.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a possibility in the proposed charter. Shouldn't we address this now in case this comes up? Maybe put a limit of 2 members from each division that way one division does not have majority. Or if you want to go to the extreme one from each division so each division is represented. I do believe that extreme would involve changing the name of the positions and duties. Or do we need something like NATO were every division is represented?

What does everyone think?

Thanks!

Greg

I have been thinking about this the past day and might have come up with a scenario which would prevent a messy post election. When it comes to nominations, only two nominations per divison. That way we are not taking positions away from people who were voted in by membership.

So if a uscm member gets nominated for tso and registrar, they cannot be nominated for any other position on the board, it would be between the other 4 divisions for those spots.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 pm 
'Nuff said.

Hollis DZC wrote:
12.4 Lessor Offences
Conduct Unbecoming of a Colonial Marine - Alien Legacy members are required to treat fellow members, civilians, event sponsors, etc with common sense and respect. Inappropriate behavior that might result in disciplinary action include, but not limited to:
Harassment of fellow members.
Abuse or misuse of club forums or social media
Inappropriate behavior during events.
Extreme intoxication during events.

This is a Welcome Addition to the Group. In fact, it's far, far overdue.

BULLYING HAS NO PLACE IN OUR GROUP!!

Treating fellow Members like so much dog crap, is not a part of this group. Behavior like this, just sickens me. I've seen it in other groups, I've experienced it first hand in the workplace. As I've experienced this before I know how much it hurts. It brings it all back what I'd thought long forgotten.

If you have differences with another member, acting like a ass doesn't mean you are right.

It's Embarrassing and Serves No Purpose other that to Hurt Others.

As some of you know, I'm part of other costuming groups. One of which is based on Marvel Superheroes. Our West Coast branch has similar rules and regulations. I've served two terms as CO and am currently serving as XO.
The National Group that oversees all the Branches, has elections as do the various Chapters. I have been appointed to the National Group as Captain of the Guard.

In that capacity, I oversee all the Chapters, viewing their Facebook pages on a daily basis, making sure Rule and Protocol are observed.

We've had several issues within our Chapter and in other Chapters. It's Charter is used to not only enforce Rules and Regulations, but to keep Members Safe.

I applaud heartily the efforts of Mike Rizzuto, who worked damn hard on this Charter. :delta: :delta: :delta:

Agree!

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:54 pm 
If found, please return to the Bar.

So when are you thinking of getting this started?

UKCM Black ops

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:01 pm 
'Nuff said.

skapunkninja wrote:

My guess is after they take these ideas and finalize the charter. However long that takes after 10/5/18.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:11 pm 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
It's making me nervous, mainly for reasons articulated above.

But if I'm not happy with how it runs I can take my ball and go. It wouldn't mean I count hang with UKCM members on drops.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:33 pm 
Expendable

gman666 wrote:
skapunkninja wrote:

My guess is after they take these ideas and finalize the charter. However long that takes after 10/5/18.

Thanks!

Greg
yep. So please, if there is something you want changed or you have an idea, suggest it so we can make this work for everyone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 pm 
Expendable

Hybrid wrote:

But if I'm not happy with how it runs I can take my ball and go. It wouldn't mean I count hang with UKCM members on drops.

The last thing we want is people leaving over this. If you see something that could be improved, please suggest it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:28 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
I finally got a chance to absorb all of this and I'm excited for this all to take effect. Huge thanks to Mike and co. for taking on this huge task. I'm glad to see things shaking up. It feels much more inclusive which I heartily support.

Going to be great around here, even better than it already was!

:delta:

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:59 pm 

Hybrid wrote:

You don't need to be nervous about anything. No one other than the UKCM will have any say what so ever in any UKCM rules or the way we do things, so I can't see there being any noticeable differences in day to day stuff.

UKCM Black ops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:10 am 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
There's an individual in another division I don't feel comfortable with having any authority over me, real or imagined.

Also I'm a crazy person, and I will always see the dark side of any change.

However, I'll see how it works out before I flounce.

Did I read all ships must complete two drops a year.

If it is a ship full of prop builders then it is less likely to drop. By my reading of this they would be disbanded.

Also, what counts as a ship completing a drop; would we be talking one member attending an event recognized by the division?

Also will membership have the opportunity to ratify changes to the charter, or will they just be passed by CA and enforced on divisions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:46 pm 

NO UKCM ships will be disbanded under any circumstances.
NO non UKCM member will have any authority over you.
NO UKCM member will ever have to answer to anyone outside of the UKCM.

(And I use the terms "authority" and "answer to" very lightly, because we're just a bunch of idiots playing dress up and make believe)

UKCM Black ops

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:33 pm 
Expendable

Hybrid wrote:
Did I read all ships must complete two drops a year.

If it is a ship full of prop builders then it is less likely to drop. By my reading of this they would be disbanded.
which battalion is that? i was un-aware we had one. if that is the case, then we will have to go through and accommodate that.

Hybrid wrote:
]Also, what counts as a ship completing a drop; would we be talking one member attending an event recognized by the division?
one member from said battalion attending an event. the way the charter is now, a battalion has 2 years to do something before they are deactivated. and they are only deactivated if they fall below 5 members also.

Hybrid wrote:
Also will membership have the opportunity to ratify changes to the charter, or will they just be passed by CA and enforced on divisions?
There will be a new sub forum on the forum where members may submit proposed changes to the charter and discussions will be had before any proposed changes are sent to the CA for ratification.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:38 pm 
Expendable

After a week, these are the changes thus far. Red are deletions, green are additions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3g ... PxfCkvGJ8/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:31 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
I see that one section mentions "All members must apply for a serial number" - Being as I've had many PMs over the years from people who have asked for one, and been ignored because of some small discrepancy in their message - Or simply because Dom was busy/away - Or even been given blunt/rude ( Delete as applicable ) responses after asking a question...

With huge thanks to Dom for the work he HAS done on both aspects of the Legacy over the years, I do think that it's well past time that the serial numbers, as well as Drop Ribbons etc. become open-source... With the database being stored on a Google drive or similar that multiple people from multiple time-zones have access to, and applications being handled by those in overall charge of the group.

Secondary to serial numbers are the drop ribbons themselves - It's long been a point of contention for me, and others, that two people can attend the same event, for the same amount of time, and only one is eligible for a drop ribbon because they wore armour... Whether the other person wears a blue jumpsuit, or multiple layers of neoprene and latex; they're still ineligible - And to my mind that is very wrong.
A drop ribbon may just be some pixels on a screen, but it represents a recognition of the effort that a person has put into the community - And whilst the framework is based upon a military organisation, I see no need whatsoever for the military attitude to carry through so far as to create needless division between subgroups based purely upon what /sort/ of Aliens-universe-related costume they wear at an event. The argument could be made that "well, make a different sort of drop-ribbon for civvies and bugs", but this strikes me as being a complicated solution that would take a lot of effort when the problem could simply be solved by... Giving everyone in the group the same recognition.

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:09 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Scapey wrote:
I see that one section mentions "All members must apply for a serial number" - Being as I've had many PMs over the years from people who have asked for one, and been ignored because of some small discrepancy in their message - Or simply because Dom was busy/away - Or even been given blunt/rude ( Delete as applicable ) responses after asking a question...

With huge thanks to Dom for the work he HAS done on both aspects of the Legacy over the years, I do think that it's well past time that the serial numbers, as well as Drop Ribbons etc. become open-source... With the database being stored on a Google drive or similar that multiple people from multiple time-zones have access to, and applications being handled by those in overall charge of the group.

Secondary to serial numbers are the drop ribbons themselves - It's long been a point of contention for me, and others, that two people can attend the same event, for the same amount of time, and only one is eligible for a drop ribbon because they wore armour... Whether the other person wears a blue jumpsuit, or multiple layers of neoprene and latex; they're still ineligible - And to my mind that is very wrong.
A drop ribbon may just be some pixels on a screen, but it represents a recognition of the effort that a person has put into the community - And whilst the framework is based upon a military organisation, I see no need whatsoever for the military attitude to carry through so far as to create needless division between subgroups based purely upon what /sort/ of Aliens-universe-related costume they wear at an event. The argument could be made that "well, make a different sort of drop-ribbon for civvies and bugs", but this strikes me as being a complicated solution that would take a lot of effort when the problem could simply be solved by... Giving everyone in the group the same recognition.

With due respect to Dom, I support this!

Might I also suggest the Service Number/Drop Ribbons threads be moved to either a New Recruit sub-forum or the Ready Line? I always found it odd that they were in the UACM section. The only way I made it make sense was so that Dom could easily moderate them. I found it odd because personally, I rarely visit the other branch sub-forums so I might have completely missed them had I not actually been in Canada.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 am 
Expendable

Scapey wrote:

the idea is the registrar would have access to this list, and the function how serial numbers are given out. it would be put on a google doc and each registrar would hand over the files if they are voted out. Also the CA would have access to the files that way they are never lost.

Scapey wrote:

i've always been under the impression that they are available to all members. If I have been mistaken, then yes, we need something which all members should be rewarded for their efforts in the group.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:20 am 
Expendable

skapunkninja wrote:
NO non UKCM member will have any authority over you.
NO UKCM member will ever have to answer to anyone outside of the UKCM.

i am going to give the scenario where this might not be the case. If a member steals from the Aliens Legacy, they would have a hearing which would be the CA members and their division leadership deciding their fate. BUT that is a major offense and very rarely to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am 

I'm not sure about that.
The CA members may be able to stop a member from using the AL forum, but it would ultimately be down to the UKCM command to decide if the individual would still be allowed to be part of the UKCM.

UKCM Black ops

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next