The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:09 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Scapey wrote:
I see that one section mentions "All members must apply for a serial number" - Being as I've had many PMs over the years from people who have asked for one, and been ignored because of some small discrepancy in their message - Or simply because Dom was busy/away - Or even been given blunt/rude ( Delete as applicable ) responses after asking a question...

With huge thanks to Dom for the work he HAS done on both aspects of the Legacy over the years, I do think that it's well past time that the serial numbers, as well as Drop Ribbons etc. become open-source... With the database being stored on a Google drive or similar that multiple people from multiple time-zones have access to, and applications being handled by those in overall charge of the group.

Secondary to serial numbers are the drop ribbons themselves - It's long been a point of contention for me, and others, that two people can attend the same event, for the same amount of time, and only one is eligible for a drop ribbon because they wore armour... Whether the other person wears a blue jumpsuit, or multiple layers of neoprene and latex; they're still ineligible - And to my mind that is very wrong.
A drop ribbon may just be some pixels on a screen, but it represents a recognition of the effort that a person has put into the community - And whilst the framework is based upon a military organisation, I see no need whatsoever for the military attitude to carry through so far as to create needless division between subgroups based purely upon what /sort/ of Aliens-universe-related costume they wear at an event. The argument could be made that "well, make a different sort of drop-ribbon for civvies and bugs", but this strikes me as being a complicated solution that would take a lot of effort when the problem could simply be solved by... Giving everyone in the group the same recognition.

With due respect to Dom, I support this!

Might I also suggest the Service Number/Drop Ribbons threads be moved to either a New Recruit sub-forum or the Ready Line? I always found it odd that they were in the UACM section. The only way I made it make sense was so that Dom could easily moderate them. I found it odd because personally, I rarely visit the other branch sub-forums so I might have completely missed them had I not actually been in Canada.

Ask about your Armour stencils/Nostromo stencils - Worldwide shipping! Send me a Private Message

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Scapey wrote:
I see that one section mentions "All members must apply for a serial number" - Being as I've had many PMs over the years from people who have asked for one, and been ignored because of some small discrepancy in their message - Or simply because Dom was busy/away - Or even been given blunt/rude ( Delete as applicable ) responses after asking a question...

With huge thanks to Dom for the work he HAS done on both aspects of the Legacy over the years, I do think that it's well past time that the serial numbers, as well as Drop Ribbons etc. become open-source... With the database being stored on a Google drive or similar that multiple people from multiple time-zones have access to, and applications being handled by those in overall charge of the group.

the idea is the registrar would have access to this list, and the function how serial numbers are given out. it would be put on a google doc and each registrar would hand over the files if they are voted out. Also the CA would have access to the files that way they are never lost.

Scapey wrote:
Secondary to serial numbers are the drop ribbons themselves - It's long been a point of contention for me, and others, that two people can attend the same event, for the same amount of time, and only one is eligible for a drop ribbon because they wore armour... Whether the other person wears a blue jumpsuit, or multiple layers of neoprene and latex; they're still ineligible - And to my mind that is very wrong.
A drop ribbon may just be some pixels on a screen, but it represents a recognition of the effort that a person has put into the community - And whilst the framework is based upon a military organisation, I see no need whatsoever for the military attitude to carry through so far as to create needless division between subgroups based purely upon what /sort/ of Aliens-universe-related costume they wear at an event. The argument could be made that "well, make a different sort of drop-ribbon for civvies and bugs", but this strikes me as being a complicated solution that would take a lot of effort when the problem could simply be solved by... Giving everyone in the group the same recognition.

i've always been under the impression that they are available to all members. If I have been mistaken, then yes, we need something which all members should be rewarded for their efforts in the group.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:20 am 
Expendable

skapunkninja wrote:
NO non UKCM member will have any authority over you.
NO UKCM member will ever have to answer to anyone outside of the UKCM.

i am going to give the scenario where this might not be the case. If a member steals from the Aliens Legacy, they would have a hearing which would be the CA members and their division leadership deciding their fate. BUT that is a major offense and very rarely to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am 
If found, please return to the Bar.

I'm not sure about that.
The CA members may be able to stop a member from using the AL forum, but it would ultimately be down to the UKCM command to decide if the individual would still be allowed to be part of the UKCM.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:54 pm 
Expendable

skapunkninja wrote:
I'm not sure about that.
The CA members may be able to stop a member from using the AL forum, but it would ultimately be down to the UKCM command to decide if the individual would still be allowed to be part of the UKCM.

And that is why the UKCM would be part of the hearing panel. If you are facing disipline for a major offence, the penalty is suspended for a year or banning. The UKCM CO and XO would be part of the 5 person panel on if that member gets suspended or banned.

Again, that is for one of the major offenses. A minor offense as listed in the lessor offenses, it would be the UKCM CO, battalion CO and XO who decided the penalty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 pm 
If found, please return to the Bar.

Thanks for clearing things up.

I think this could work well for everyone, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am 
Chaplain

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.12155E1
The changes are all looking really good and clear! I'm re-reading it today to make sure I've not missed anything.

Does not help,
Does not clean,
Will have sex with anything!

Post subject: Re: The Aliens Legacy Charter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:24 pm 
Expendable

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3g ... sp=sharing

Updated charter. Red are deletions, green are additions. We will keep the thread open until Sunday the 7th for suggestions.

Post subject: Re: The Aliens Legacy Charter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:00 am 
Expendable

And that is a wrap. Thanks to all those who listed suggestions. Again, the above link is the updated charter. Green are additions, red deletions. We will be conducting a census here shortly and some forum reconstruction.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3