The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: LOOKING TO JOIN UP, OR START UP IN LA COUNTY.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:38 pm 

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.42141E1
Thank you John K Williams, and right you are. :) I've had a pare of BDU's made by D'Chef, and they should be arriving VERY soon if they haven't already. I Have my boots, pulse rifle, dog tags, and now THIS post clarifies that I'm working on acquiring the appropriate patches. Progress is already in motion. I'm NOT about to wait until I can fork out 800 or so bucks to acquire the armor and it's accessories before I finally get around to assembling a Battalion to be a part of. Whether it's recognized on this page or not, the 31st Monarchs WILL exist in the So Cal area. In the future we will make our drops at events like Anaheim's Wonder Con, and San Diego's Comic Con to name a few, and if enough people are game, we'll even engage in some airsoft battles in the future once our numbers are up. :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
9th Battalion 31st Regiment
USCM Monarchs

"Is this gonna be a stand up fight sir or another bug hunt?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 am 
Corporal Cheerleader

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.22148E1
FYI we don't EVER drop at SDCC. It is a huge hassle. And it is so hard to do. Also, we every once in awhile do Wondercon, but we haven't in a few years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:25 pm 
There are Tigers...

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.71260E1
I'll be down in San Diego for the con, and in Cali til the end of the year or so (short timer). Feel free to chalk up one more to the roster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 am 

Unfortunately I still haven't acquired enough of my gear to go as a Colonial marine yet. :/

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:46 am 

Here's something I pulled from the FB page to help clarify the motives behind the formation of 9th Battalion, 31st Regiment Monarchs.......

!!READ THIS FIRST!!
This is, so far to date, the only existing California based extended universe Aliens Colonial Marine Cosplay group. There are many others throughout the rest of our country, and the rest of the world. This one is for us Californians. The intentions of this page is to assemble any and all interested members residing within The state of California, who are officially registered members of Aliens Legacy website for assembling here uniting as an officially identified battalion group representing our own homeland California chapter, and, if possible, organize drops at future events, and expos, or organize airsoft battles.
This group has no leader, nor is it meant to have any. This page is merely meant to serve as a source of centralized hub to identify, and organize with other likewise members for purposes pertaining to aliens cosplay based events within this state. It's recommended that decisions regarding who's in charge of any organized event drops should be decided upon arrival at event based on rank or the simple flip of a coin. ;) otherwise such a topic need not be taken that seriously. JUST HAVE FUN. The only requirement to join this page is that you must FIRST join the Aliens Legacy website FIRST, and provide proof of official membership via displaying your service numbers provided on the following website link. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14862
We welcome the following from the Alien universe: Xenomorphs, Company Men, and Women, Company Soldiers, Synthetics, and of course Colonial Marines cosplayers.

I understand and respect that AL members already exist out here in California. This group does not exist to oppose any of those members. It only exist as an alternative Extended universe type group. :delta: Have fun EVERYONE :D

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:04 am 
Duke Bronson

WILLIAM D. RIDDER wrote:
The intentions of this page is to assemble any and all interested members residing within The state of California, who are officially registered members of Aliens Legacy website for assembling here uniting as an officially identified battalion group representing our own homeland California chapter, and, if possible, organize drops at future events, and expos, or organize airsoft battles.
Yeah, but this is what the Aliens Legacy is for. As fart as I can see so far, is that you have used the AL as your own launching platform to poach members and draw away event discussions from the very forum where we normally do this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 am 

Not at all. I tried to attempt to get involved on here and contribute, and instead somehow gave the impression I was stepping on toes, so I withdrew all my activity aside from simply organizing a extended universe USCM cosplay group for INTERESTED members to join. I mean NO ONE any harm or offense in the process.

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:53 pm 

Mantroon, I do sincerely appreciate your advice. I have made it known I'm not the leader of this group. I don't intend to be it's leader. I only desire to get it initiated and open it up to legit members with legit service numbers acquired here in respects to this site, and those who've come before me. I only started it because I wanted to be attached to a group that's identified with my own native state as others have likewise done so in their own home land. A group that's more-so extended universe rather than screen accurate, (hence the need for designing my own battalion/ ship patch rather than using the Sulaco patch,) and since no one seemed to have already did so, I took the initiative of personally doing it myself. If one had already existed prior, and was already posted on this site somewhere, I would've sought it out to join. I DID in fact inquire about the existence of any BEFORE starting this group, and there were only vague mentions of attempts, but nothing affirmative. As I stated earlier, I sincerely mean no one any harm or disrespect. I only intended to get the ball rolling on forming this group, and I don't feel that my status as being a newer member should be allowed to impede me from doing so. Otherwise, what's the point of joining a group that's core is based off of cosplay (costume- PLAY) if one's own innocent fun is road blocked merely by how long they've been on board?

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:03 am 

Service Number: A04/TQ2.0.62135E1
So let me get this straight, the guy gets a lukewarm response with very little assistance (from those he wishes to be working with) that was asked for and then when he takes some initiative he is now the bad guy? Boy, I sure do love how that dynamic works well here....

William, if it were for the fact that distance is an issue, I'd invite you to the crew of the Columbia. At least we appreciate those who aspire to bring public awareness to the existence of our club. I'm sorry that you've been met with such resistance. I, for one, actually admire you for your commitment to helping this club grow by trying to establish a ship in your area.

- Warrant Officer John K. "Music Man" Williams
USS Columbia
18th Battalion / 59th Regiment

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2