The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Proposal for a Regional map.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.42141E1
Has anyone ever posted a regional map consisting of all Colonial Marine airsoft, and/or cosplay group information reguarding battalion, regiment, and platoon designation numbers, and platoon/ shuttle names and patches for new members to contact, or be aware of the potential to form a new group for their region? I've been in the process of designing a platoon/ shuttle patch for the LA county region for myself and another guy, but before we procede with it's formation and attempt to make ourselves open to others to join, I wanted to respectfully find out if one already existed?

U.S.S. Fremont
9th Battalion 31st Regiment
USCM Monarchs

"Is this gonna be a stand up fight sir or another bug hunt?"

Post subject: Re: Proposal for a Regional map.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:35 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
As far as I know, there are only two active battalions in the US; the Maryland battalion, and Chicago Battalion. I don't believe anyone has organized any out west.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 am 

:shock: That's surprisingly unfortunate. :? I guess we better get on it. I'm about to set up a FB group page for it, but I'm waiting til it's identity is organized better. I know there ARE a number of :xeno: fans out this way. Those that have seen my pulse rifle were intrigued when I told them about the existance of reenactors, and even full :delta: airsoft teams. What about the regional :delta: map idea?

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:48 am 
Expendable

I would hold off on forming something until the website is up and running, that way you can contact any California marines on the charter and organize something official without duplicating efforts. I know there are several west coast marines, just don't know of any formation. Just a suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:09 am 

Yeh Mike. My sentiments exactly. Actually the potential of duplications is one of the reasons I'm proposing the Colonial Marine reenactor/airsofter regional map. If it's not already in existence, I think it'd be VERY helpful for new-comers like myself to use for either getting in contact with a specific existing unit, or starting my own if none already exist in my local region, or more so, county or city.

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

Last edited by WILLIAM D. RIDDER on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:52 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
I'd like to see something like this. I'm interested in forming a detachment in my area.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:53 am 
Expendable

Battalions were listed on the colonial marine charter back in the day. Once we get the new website up and running, we'll update listings. In the mean time, I believe I have something listed on the readyline. Lemme see if I can find it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:33 am 

Thanks Mike. :D I offer to assist in organizing such a map if you like. I actually enjoy doing such projects, and it'd simply be interesting to see the many groups displayed on a global map. If you'd like, I can perhaps dtart with just the states for now, and if the other regions would like to be included as well, I can include them as well. :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:41 am 

My intention wasn't to give individual member's info, but rather to grid out the different Brigades, Regiments, and Platoons, and to at least provide basic info for newcomers like myself about if we even have a local group near us. What the group's identity is (Battalion number, Regimental numbers, and Platoon's number and name of their ship and patch design). I wouldn't wanna identify individuals and put them out in the spotlight. I'd leave that up to the individual to decide for themselves if they wanted their email posted or not. As it is, I have no idea if California has a brigade, how many regiments it contains, and if more specifically, LA has it's own platoon/shuttle patch already. If we don't, I'm in the process of designing one, but I won't present it and risk clashing with anyone else until I know the info I need to complete it. When do you estimate the website you mentioned will be up and running? :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:55 pm 

I understand, and I agree with you from my own personal experience as well. Politics and power trips suck. :| I can't speak for others, but personally I'm not much for throwing orders, leading others around. If anything, I lean more towards organizing the logistics of a organization. What spawned me to inquire about the regional map idea was merely the fact that I really don't wanna sport the sulaco patch on my BDU's. I figure that's the equivalent of EVERY WW2 soldier during the war wearing a patch of the U.S.S. Arizona, for example, on their uniforms after it had been lost. I mean sure many survivors could very well have served time on board it before transfering elsewhere before the attack on Pearl harbor, but not EVERY soldier, and ESPECIALLY not the later new recruits. I was using the colonial marine manual as my reference, and according to it, each shuttle carries a platoon. I figured I'd come up with an original shuttle with an original platoon sized group assigned to it, and original designated numbers for both, but use the Sulaco patch designation numbers as a basic reference. I even started to develop a back history to it all. I just needed to know the specs of if there was an over all battalion pre-determined out here on the west coast? what it's number is, and how many regiments were within it so that I didn't wrongfully duplicate any of them. I ended up finding the charter page, and I signed up. :) Anyhow, never the less, I understand what you mean about the complications with personalities.

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:25 pm 

I just checked out the list on the charter page of the members closest to my area. The good news is we're all mainly a bunch of privates, more or less, with me ranking the lowest of them all. :) I'm fine with being a grunt. Us grunts get more action anyhow. :) I'm wndering if I should contact any of them with the ideas I shared. I'd be happy to form a group with them, or join whatever they potentially have started. First off, I really need to get my basics together such as my personal armour. Hell, I haven't even had my numbers issued to me yet. I already have my Pulse rifle, and my boots. next on the list is my BDU's since my modification attempt didn't pan out. Thanks for your advice guys. :) :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:33 pm 
Expendable

Rank is a formality here. Some members use it as years of active service, some as achievements. Some, like myself, just think the rank sounds appropriate. Again, it is part of why the AL community is and isn't structured like other costume groups. Things might change in the future, but right now any structure is done on a local level and not organization wide.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:43 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
I am just happy to be part of a drinking group with a costuming problem.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:22 pm 
Duke Bronson

PFC is no longer appropriate for you, Mike.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:31 pm 
Expendable

MSgt Baldwin wrote:
PFC is no longer appropriate for you, Mike.

I am the perpetual PFC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:26 pm 
Duke Bronson

I'll staple some corporal ranks to your fcuking arms if I have to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 pm 
Expendable

I require paper chevrons. I made a pair for our senior patrolman at work because he refuses to wear his :p

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:03 pm 

You're lucky. At least you HAVE your registration numbers. I still have yet to accomplish that. :| :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:35 pm 
Victim

Service Number: A86/TQ3.4.49421E3
Do you mean your Service Number William?

If so, it might be worth checking out the relevant thread before complaining.

you can't take the PUNK outa Spunkmeyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:14 pm 

No complaint intended during my last comment. I was merely expressing anticipation. I'll check again though to see if I've made any errors in my info, or the formatting I provided. Thanks for the heads up. :) :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:42 pm 

Sgt, Munkey, I've been thinking about what you explained about the problems with politics, and power trips, and other such drawbacks associated with organizing an administration type system. I still agree with your concerns, although something else occurred to me as well. Over the past couple weeks I've seen a few posts from the past and present of the same inquiries concerning organizing local groups in local areas. It seems that I'm not alone in the sentiment of grouping other local members from my own neck of the woods, creating our own sub-identified Battalion/ Regiments/ Platoons. As much as we'd all hate to see a bunch of one man splintering groups, that could very well happen reguardless if enough members prefer to identify themselves locally rather than joining up with battalions/ regiments halfway accross the country or even in other countries or continents. Has this been a concern for you as well?

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

Last edited by WILLIAM D. RIDDER on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 am 

Did they form those groups with newer members, or existing longer term members who were more established? That may make a difference. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm personally in this for the long haul, and I'm not interested in leading anyone anywhere. I'm only interested in gearing up and dropping at future local events. Regardless of how long, or how active other local members are, or are not, or how many come and go. Forming a west coast based group, or groups merely enables us to create an identity in relation with us and our native west coast region. All I'm saying is that there's something to be said about forming smaller tighter groups with others from your own local area, dawning the same battalion and regimental numbers yet still being connected to a larger grander international group. I don't know, maybe this notion somehow stems from the same mind set United States had when entering WW 1. The European allies planned for our troops to merely file into their existing forces as reinforcements, but the United Stated basically said "No thanks. If our soldiers are going to die on foreign soil, they'll be doing it in their own uniform, representing their own identified homeland nation." :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:03 am 
Expendable

Like I said before, I don't know if anyone formed any battalions out west. As of right now, there are two battalions in the USCM, and five battalions in the UKCM. Before we further establish a system, we need to decide on if we are going to establish overall rules and regs in the organization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:42 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.72151E1
I've been a member of the 501st Legion for quite a while and our organization is Legion -> Garrison -> Squad. It works well but the 501sst is ALOT more active than the USCM will ever be.

That being said, I would totally be down for more organization, even if just for funsies.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:54 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.32140E1
I'm in Northern Virginia, and would be interested in connecting with D.C. area members to form a squad (or more) to do events on my side of the Potomac river. I've been lurking here for a while, but now that I've finally got my basic Marine uniform assembled (and have just embarked on building a "Smarty") I'd like to be more active on the forum.

I'd be in favor of having a loose registry available that could allow members to reach out to those within the same region, perhaps at a town/city or county level (for those of us in the U.S.), in order to coordinate activities. Perhaps keep things informal at first to allow groups to gel and establish presence, and once a "critical mass" is achieved implement a more formal organizational hierarchy?