The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Proposal for a Regional map.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:55 pm 

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.42141E1
This was sort of along the lines of what I had in mind when I was referring to regional map. I posted only the battalions from the ship registry page that provided their patch logo, and at least an idea as to the epicenter of their location without getting too precise or personal about the info. :delta:

Attachment:
AliensLegacyGlobalMap1.jpg
AliensLegacyGlobalMap1.jpg [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 4505 times ]

U.S.S. Fremont
9th Battalion 31st Regiment
USCM Monarchs

"Is this gonna be a stand up fight sir or another bug hunt?"

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:50 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Trooper 1974 wrote:
I'm in Northern Virginia, and would be interested in connecting with D.C. area members to form a squad (or more) to do events on my side of the Potomac river. I've been lurking here for a while, but now that I've finally got my basic Marine uniform assembled (and have just embarked on building a "Smarty") I'd like to be more active on the forum.

I'd be in favor of having a loose registry available that could allow members to reach out to those within the same region, perhaps at a town/city or county level (for those of us in the U.S.), in order to coordinate activities. Perhaps keep things informal at first to allow groups to gel and establish presence, and once a "critical mass" is achieved implement a more formal organizational hierarchy?
we do have said system, the colonial marine charter. Unfortunately it is not accessible at the moment due to website issues.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:08 am 

I've checked out, and joined up on the charter page. If it doesn't already have a map like the one I displayed, would mine be useful to you? :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:32 pm 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
WILLIAM D. RIDDER wrote:
. Those that have seen my pulse rifle were intrigued when I told them about the existance of reenactors,

Should that be enactors as the events havent happened yet? :)

Sorry, I'll get my jacket...

gman666 wrote:
I am just happy to be part of a drinking group with a costuming problem.

That sounds about my speed. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:01 pm 

Mantroon, Indeed I am VERY enthusiastic about offering my contribution on topics when and wherever I see an opportunity for it. As far as the map, no problem. As far as your charter page, I look forward to seeing the finished product. :)
Hybrid, I've already been corrected on my misuse of the word "reenactor" and have since stopped using it. I would edit all my prior uses of the word, but that's more work than I really care to carry out. :wink: :delta:

U.S.S. Fremont
USCM Monarchs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:06 am 

Service Number: A04/TQ2.0.62135E1
When we formed the USS Columbia we just added our own Battalion and Regiment. We really didn't consult with anyone on that, we just did it. We figured that we had that little bit of leeway since we were in our own little territory. That and we wanted number designations that meant something to us, personally. We are the 18th Battalion / 59th Regiment. Our main colors are blue and gold, with accents of black, green and white. What was so special about the 18th Battalion / 59th Regiment? We are from Oregon and Southwest Washington (we have a member in Vancouver, Wa), so we picked the year that Oregon became a State in the Union: 1859. Blue and gold are the colors on the Oregon State flag. Green, black and white are Washington State's flag colors.

Perhaps we went about it all the wrong way, but that was how we created our own home unit. I don't think there is anything hindering you from starting your own home unit, other than sheer numbers of members and whether there is a close proximity to an established unit, or not.

- Warrant Officer John K. "Music Man" Williams
USS Columbia
18th Battalion / 59th Regiment