The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:54 am 

Service Number: A04/TQ2.0.62135E1
Not sure where to put an introduction thread, so if this isn't the place then I ask the board moderators to move it to the appropriate section.

Like the subject line said, I am new here. Was turned onto this site by a buddy of mine, A08/TQ0.0.42136E1 Cpl Scholl, D Grimm Oregon-USA. Just tonight I ordered all the parts to be a uniformed pilot. To make a Star Wars reference, I executed an order and the costume parts cost me a whopping $66! The rest of the stuff I already had from other costuming items.

I am looking to do a mere pilot to get my foot in the door, here. Since I'm new, I didn't want to come off saying that I'm a colonel or something like that. I figured since I am a pilot, I should have some sort of officer's rank, but not something so high that it just sounds ridiculous. I figured I would just say that I am a simple Warrant Officer. So, Warrant Officer John K Williams, at your service.... "you call, I'll haul!"

So, a little about me... I am from Oregon. I am currently an in-home caregiver for a disabled friend of mine. I'm also an Oregon State licensed unarmed security guard - still have the license, just not working in security now.... maybe I should have gone with a Weyland Security costume??? :D

I am no stranger to costuming. I started out with Star Wars. I've been an Imperial Officer and a TIE Pilot on the 501st Legion (retired), as well as a local independent Star Wars club called Darkside Troopers (also retired). I've also done CorSec (Corellian Security - the police force of Han Solo's home planet) and a custom smuggler who seems to have a Harrison Ford identity crisis (the costume had both a Han Solo and Indiana Jones theme to it) as independent costumes. Currently, I am a Mandalorian Merc and am also finishing a custom Sith costume for The Dark Empire.

I am also an avid fan of GI JOE and as such I do have a Cobra soldier costume, as well as a couple of JOE costumes. I am a member of The Finest - A GI JOE Costume Club (retired), as well as being the Founder of GI JOE (A Real American Hero) COSTUME CLUB. For the JOEs I costume as Chuckles and what we in the JOE community refer to as a Greenshirt - the non-descript soldiers in the background who offer support to the JOEs in the field. I call him 'Greenshirt Hardy', because that is the name I chose for my own custom JOE character. JOE pilot Wild Bill, a costume that I will do someday, is from Texas and his "real" name is William S. Hardy. It seem to appeal to me, since my paternal grandmother was from Oklahoma (meh, close enough) and her maiden name was Hardy. My real name is William J Kohlleppel (call me Bill). I chose to change it up when creating a character name for this Colonial Marine Pilot costume.

Other costumes on the horizon are original Battlestar Galactica Colonial Security (Starbuck referred to them as 'Blackshirts') and a Colonial Warrior / pilot. It would seem I have an affinity for portraying pilots - I was a pilot for the Empire, a pilot here, and have plans to do pilot costumes in GI JOE, the Mandalorians and the Rebellion!

I am also going to do Colonel Sharp from the 1980's cartoon series for GI JOE, and there is also possibility of doing Muskrat. I like to do obscure costumes that aren't popular so I can bring more focus to them, hence why I am Chuckles and Greenshirt Hardy in my JOE club.

I wouldn't mind doing an old school Visitor costume, as well. Might go Visitor Security on that one, not sure yet. And I still have plans for a couple more Mandalorian builds, and clone builds, too - thinking Republic Commando Fixer and maybe a green clone (442nd Seige Battalion), as green is my favorite color. But a lot of these costumes are further along down the line.

At any rate, I am glad to branch out and do something else. As you can see, I have a pretty extensive costuming background, over nine years. I love sci-fi, so I think I will like it here. I've ran into Alien costumers at conventions and was always impressed with how they looked (and acted toward the crowds). I'm really looking forward to suiting up and becoming a Colonial Marine pilot.... and foot soldier! ;-)

Rock on, people!

- Warrant Officer John K. "Music Man" Williams
USS Columbia
18th Battalion / 59th Regiment

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:07 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Well welcome!

Im fan of the classic Joe's myself. Not done any costuming but making a "Viper" costume has been on my list of 'things to do' (a loooong list, unfortunately).

The mods will probably move this as most of the action happens in the 'ready line' and there is a new member introduction section there, but regardless welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:17 am 

Thanks for the warm reception.

USS Columbia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:22 pm 

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.42136E1
About time you posted bro. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 am 

About time you responded to my post, bro. ;)

USS Columbia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:02 am 

My flightsuit and American Flag shoulder patch arrived in the mail the other day. Still waiting on my other USCM patches and this pilot uniform should be complete.

USS Columbia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:41 am 

My first drop at Wizard World Portland, January 24, 2015

Image[/url]20150124_120728

Drago Seron, aka "Grim" on the left. John K. "Music Man" Williams (myself) on the right.
I had a blast doing Colonial Marine. Looking forward to the next drop!

USS Columbia