The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: GridCase Tempest user manual and config software
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:01 pm 

Hello. I have a GridCase Tempest laptop (amber screen) similar to the one used in Aliens. Does anyone have a user manual or configuration software? Does anyone have a copy of the ROM UA-571C? Many thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:48 pm 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Hey. I have a Gridcase. I'm not sure where the Manual is, but I will dig it out before Sunday night. I want to hold on to the Manual but I could scan a section from it if you need to know something specific. I have the Sentry gun terminal program on floppy disk and I think I have ADF image files of the floppies somewhere too.

Post subject: Re: GridCase Tempest user manual and config software
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:08 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
I also have a GridCase. It is the incorrect GridCase 2/Plus w/ function keys. Can I run sentry gun on it?

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 pm 

Pug50 - Thanks very much. Its difficult to know which section to ask for as I need to know most of it!

If you could reconsider posting it, it wouldnt cost much 2nd class recorded provided you can keep the envelope to under 2.5cm thick and I have a scanner with a line feeder so could scan all the pages and convert the manual to a searchable pdf format and post on various grid forums. It would help many users.

Concerning the Grid disks and Sentry program, are you able to send the 'images' via EMail?

I'll send you my EMail my postal address.