The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

What is the Best way to kill an Alien ??? Real or Unreal ?????
Poll ended at Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:40 am
A : remote sentry 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B: Smart Gunner 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C: M41-A pulse rifle 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
D: Running them over with something really heavy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
E: Having someone elese worry about it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F: Bug out and call it even 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
G: Take off and Nuke the site from Orbit 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: The Texas Comic Con in San Antoni,TX
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:40 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.32147E1
Hello all, i would like to here from all of you out there that went to the " Tex-Con" here in San Antonio,Texas. I walked around the place for like and hour and never saw anybody that showed any support to the series. I just wanna know what you all tought of the Con. I kinda thought that it coulds have been way better, Dee Wallace was there from E.T., Critters, Cujo, and few others. I tried toget Michael Beihn to show up, but I guess he never got the invite, and Lou Feriggno did. And so did Jake Busey, and few others were there, they were charging for their signatures. Dee Wallace is super nice to her fans, but that was the only cool part of it all. I had to walk around with my pulse rifle, and Jake Busey said ," thats cool, looks almost like one of our rifles from the movie."

:delta: :m41aownage: :mt: :dropship:

Post subject: Re: The Texas Comic Con in San Antoni,TX
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 am 
"Have you met me?"

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.62144E1
I'm pretty sure Taj was vending at this. I didn't know about it until last night, so it was never an option for me to go. I am still kind of new to the state so I still haven't figured out when and where things are.

UKCM FOREIGN LEGION:
"DEVIANT DRAGOONS"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.62142E1
I didn't make it, but a coworker went on Saturday and had a good time. Lot's of Star Wars and Marvel characters. Did you go in armor?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 am 
The mythological taj

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.82134E1
We were in dropship pilot on Saturday, but it was so hot at our booth we both ended up with the 'unzipped, sleeves tied around waist' look ( well that and I put on my Perry the Platypus slippers halfway through the day)

It was a busy convention for us, I think I may have seen you

Carpe Crustulum!! (seize the cookie!!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 am 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

Windu78250 wrote:
I tried toget Michael Beihn to show up, but I guess he never got the invite,

It's up to the organisers who gets invited. Even if someone wanted to attend, the show organisers tend to only have who they think will reliably generate money for them, who is particularly relevant to a themed show (RDA at a Stargate one, for example), or just whoever is cheapest - Fly Harrison Ford over and pay all his accomodation, expenses, fees, agent fees etc..... or get both '3rd-Stromtrooper-On-The-Left' and 'Tea-Boy-For-The-Camera-Man' for the price of a bacon sarnie each!

You can go all weekend and not find anyone who knows what Aliens is. Many people have "seen something called AvP, which that big black Alien was in, but not Alien itself. Ridley Who? Nah, you're clearly a Starship Trooper or a Stargate, because you're wearing green and have a space gun, right?"...

The worst are the randoms who wander up quietly to you and then simply start talking at you - "Of course, you *do* know the Pulse Rifle was built using a Beretta 950 Jetfire with a Nebelwerfer attached underneath and was Ridley Scott's design, but he couldn't aford to make it for the film", or some such bollocks.

You have good Drops and bad Drops. Maybe the next one will be better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:05 pm 
The mythological taj

This was our booth at the con, maybe you saw us, but how would you know it was me... sorry about that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:58 am 

trouble wrote:
I'm pretty sure Taj was vending at this. I didn't know about it until last night, so it was never an option for me to go. I am still kind of new to the state so I still haven't figured out when and where things are.

If your ever here in San Antonio,Tx, let me know and I can show you where a few things are. Until then have fun killing some mean old Bugs !!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 am 

taj wrote:
We were in dropship pilot on Saturday, but it was so hot at our booth we both ended up with the 'unzipped, sleeves tied around waist' look ( well that and I put on my Perry the Platypus slippers halfway through the day)

It was a busy convention for us, I think I may have seen you

Yeah I thought that if I showed up in my bath robe that I may have had people wanting to take a picture with a Jedi. But let me know if you have a drop that you need back up from a good marine !!!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 am 

exo95er wrote:
I didn't make it, but a coworker went on Saturday and had a good time. Lot's of Star Wars and Marvel characters. Did you go in armor?

I went in light uniform due to the high heat of that day !! I did have my little friend with me, my pulse rifle. See my posted Picts on the service number registry to see my uniform that I wore. I went in ACU pants with a wayland-yutoni black shirt, and my web gear / grenade harness.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:05 pm 

taj wrote:
This was our booth at the con, maybe you saw us, but how would you know it was me... sorry about that

Perhaps you all ready answered this but, did you see me there too ? I wore a black weyland- shirt with a web gear belt, and desert camo pants, and I had my jungle hat and my pulse rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm 

Ttaskmaster wrote:
Windu78250 wrote:

It's up to the organisers who gets invited. Even if someone wanted to attend, the show organisers tend to only have who they think will reliably generate money for them, who is particularly relevant to a themed show (RDA at a Stargate one, for example), or just whoever is cheapest - Fly Harrison Ford over and pay all his accomodation, expenses, fees, agent fees etc..... or get both '3rd-Stromtrooper-On-The-Left' and 'Tea-Boy-For-The-Camera-Man' for the price of a bacon sarnie each!

You can go all weekend and not find anyone who knows what Aliens is. Many people have "seen something called AvP, which that big black Alien was in, but not Alien itself. Ridley Who? Nah, you're clearly a Starship Trooper or a Stargate, because you're wearing green and have a space gun, right?"...

The worst are the randoms who wander up quietly to you and then simply start talking at you - "Of course, you *do* know the Pulse Rifle was built using a Beretta 950 Jetfire with a Nebelwerfer attached underneath and was Ridley Scott's design, but he couldn't aford to make it for the film", or some such bollocks.

. This phrase goes with that saying. <----to---V

You always say that Frost, you always say, "I got a bad feeln about this drop," ok,ok Get back with outcha, I'll call your fokes". --Frost , ---->>---to Crow
- Aliens drop to LV-426

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:02 pm 
The mythological taj

Windu78250 wrote:
Perhaps you all ready answered this but, did you see me there too ? I wore a black weyland- shirt with a web gear belt, and desert camo pants, and I had my jungle hat and my pulse rifle.

Yep, I did see you, but we were swamped most of the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 am 

Hello, all. How are you all doing tonight, I have just ordered my marine light duty armor, from Spatcave studios , and it should be cool. I have the steel pot helmet from the movie complete with lobster plates and mic boom. I just don't know where to get uniform that fits with the movie one. I have been to national outdoor here and it was slim pickings. I were the army acu, with my patches. I went to the Dallas comic con this year and had my picture taken with the three Star Trek guys and got their autographs. And a few others , but again only, and I mean only marine in uniform with patches and pulse rifle! I will be going to this years tex con here in SA, so if you are going lets get together and plan something perhaps !! We need a fan club here that goes to the conventions and kills bugs or something , just email me and we can work it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 am 

Ttaskmaster wrote:
Windu78250 wrote:

:delta: :mt:
"The pulse rifle was designed by James Cameron and it was a really cool one too"
I will be at this years Tex-Con, in Army ACU, all anybody here has, but with helmet, and patches and pulse rifle. I have ordered chest amour, but it will take 2-4 or so months.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:45 am 
"Have you met me?"

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.62144E1
Mantroon wrote:
Windu78250 wrote:
We need a fan club here that goes to the conventions and kills bugs or something , just email me and we can work it out.

It's called the USCM, your posting in their forum ;)

:like:

UKCM FOREIGN LEGION:
"DEVIANT DRAGOONS"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:35 am 

I went Saturday with my girlfriend at around 1130am in full armor and pulse rifle with my service dog. I walked around for about an hour and a half until my now ex-girlfriend got tired of being there and demanded I take her home. Was my first time dressing up in my armor, have to say thanks to spat for getting it to me in time. I'll be wearing it again for San-Japan in August. Now I just need to get a shoulder lamp and the monitor box for my motion tracker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:58 pm 

Morning Marines I am seeking some help to get my armor ready for the next comic con here in San Antonio. I have looked at Spatz's suits and I want one however $$ is tight right now. I have also looked into Goldens as well. I have the pepakura files, foam, cardboard its just the motivation and visualization of how it'll come together that I am lacking. If there are any of my fellow Brothers in town that would like to help a fellow Brother out I would greatly appreciate it.