The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Prey 7.5/10
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:11 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Above average but disliked several things about the design and writing. No spoilers yet please.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject: Re: Prey 7.5/10
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:56 am 

I would give it 8 out of 10, same as you there some issues I had with the movie but overall I though it was really good, I would tie it for second in the franchise with predators from 2010 in my opinion. Still think the original is the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:49 am 
GarageGeek

I couldnt rate it. we just laughed and cringed. if you ever wanna watch AVP requiem but your kids want to watch pocahontas, here ya go. ruin two moods with one movie, and you dont even have to go to the theatre and risk running yourself into a tree after. That cgi bear running, showing the ship and predator right at the beginning, Every time you see the predator he makes that gurgling sound WAY over the top. When she says "(no spoilers)", I havnt felt exhausted from badness like that since the last jedi.Everyrhing was bad in some way. this is the film equivalent to when a fast food joint releases some gross new sandwhich with doritos on it. Its a good idea poorly executed that wont last. As Arnold once said "kill me".
:m41aownage:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:09 pm 
'Nuff said.

Yes it was very bad in spots. Wonky CGI. Who makes noise on purpose during a hunt? Not the mountain lion. My biggest thing is the "no spoilers" that laughing tries to link it to the sequel. I felt it was a total slap in the face. I have had several say the comics are not canon but the movies are. So we have to take in account The Predator?

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:28 pm 
GarageGeek

I feel like for movies to be good, they have to be ignored by the studio during production, under the radar. All of our favorite franchises are now known because all of us are established and have lives and money to spend, ao theyre all getting the mainstream treatment. After watching this hapen to so many franchises I like, I feel like I wanna sit on the floor like a kid with a predator action figure and watch the original to escape all this. When ive shown classics to younger people they often cant even py attention to the first or second act, its like it has to have non stop blinking cgi, character development and understanding characters seems to mean nothing to them.we are all so lucky we grew up with the good stuff.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:06 am 
'Nuff said.

I will respect those who have not seen it yet and keep the spoilers out for at least a week. I know several have not seen it yet. If you want spoilers go to the other thread.

seven wrote:
I feel like for movies to be good, they have to be ignored by the studio during production, under the radar. All of our favorite franchises are now known because all of us are established and have lives and money to spend, ao theyre all getting the mainstream treatment. After watching this hapen to so many franchises I like, I feel like I wanna sit on the floor like a kid with a predator action figure and watch the original to escape all this. When ive shown classics to younger people they often cant even py attention to the first or second act, its like it has to have non stop blinking cgi, character development and understanding characters seems to mean nothing to them.we are all so lucky we grew up with the good stuff.

We will see in a few weeks if this still has traction. My guess would be if they do a bluray release with added stuff it will pop up again but will fade quickly in my opinion with the wonky CGI and parts of the story. Again I like Batman Dead End more than this movie. I agree typical director trying to put his spin on it but missing out on trying to shoe horn elements for the me crowd. If you love it than all more power to ya.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:24 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
I quite enjoyed this film. It was a shame it wasn't in the theaters though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:26 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

I also found it surprisingly enjoyable and certainly better than expected, although I had quite low expectations in the first place.