The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: IAVP!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:26 pm 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tm44SympGA
"How lucky are the few who know where they belong."

Post subject: Re: IAVP!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:17 pm 
I am not proud of the fact that I found that really funny:roll:
What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:50 pm 
I dunno.

B+ for ingenuity,

F for racism.

There was an old Saturday Night Live skit (with the original cast from the late 70s) that depicted what would happen if Superman's space capsule landed in 1930s Germany instead of the US.

Superman became "Uber-man", and helped the Nazis win WWII.

There were newspapers being shown (the classic "spinning" newspaper that stops with the front page showing)- that had headlines such as "Uberman Takes Stalingrad in 5 Minutes"; "Uberman Rounds Up 2 Million Jews"; "Uberman Kills Every Person in England, US Next".

It's one of those things where it's funny...

But it's not really funny.

James- don't feel that I'm directing any of this at you; I'm just commenting on what I thought of this video.
Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:21 pm 
Definitely a little bit of ingenuity... but I wasn't convinced that those were illegal aliens. They looked to be having too much fun... kinda like they just finished working in the fields and were going home for a siesta.

And the predator didn't seem threatening enough... well, actually... aside from the original film, I've never found any of the predators all that threatening or scary. This one playing around with the field workers however seemed downright silly.

But then again, I never really cared for predators.

I'd give it a C- for effort. ;)
Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.Route73.com/USCM/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner_2006.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 am 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=k...20predator

:lol:

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:24 am 
<span style="font-size:large;]"OH MY FREAKIN' GOD! THAT ROCKS!" :shock: :lol: :lol:

<span style="font-size:medium;]Guys... you MUST check out that link from Russ!

Thanks for sharing -- that was an AWESOME find! :D :D :D
Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.Route73.com/USCM/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner_2006.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:40 am 
The costumes are such high quality, I can't help wonder if it was done with the real movie used ones. If not, it was still really well done. And funny to boot!

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:11 am 
I think I read somewhere that that was a commcercial made by the company who made the costumes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:37 am 
Quote:
Quote:The costumes are such high quality, I can't help wonder if it was done with the real movie used ones.
That's what I was thinking. And not only the costumes, but the photography had a real professional feel to it.
Rick "Ripstick"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:02 pm 
That video I'm pretty sure WAS done by ADI. It was posted on here before, a couple of years ago. The site I got it from (www.greatestbattle.com, the one at the end of the video) looks official to me.

I still want to see a video of the Predator poker game on the set of Predator 2.
----------------------

"It is like a finger pointing toward the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory."

-Bruce Lee

Post subject: Re: Re: IAVP!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:33 pm 
Kevin, no problem. :) I didn't think much of posting the link, but now I can see how it could be offensive.

Rick, when you mention the Predator "playing around" with the workers, do you mean the part where the Predator is playing "hide the sausage"? I thought that was pretty hilarious in that it was completely unexpected.
"How lucky are the few who know where they belong."