The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: How did BSG end??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:03 am 
Mt Tivo cut the episode off before it ended.

PLEASE, somebody PM me and explain to me what happened after that one guy was sitting on the lap of those two girls, and the other guy came running in saying, well, you know what he was saying. (my attempt at a spoiler free explanation of where the show was at when it stopped! hahahaha)

I can't stand it, what the heck happened?????????????

Post subject: Re: How did BSG end??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:29 am 
you don't want to know...
What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:26 pm 
ReallY? You guys are going to make me wait for the tuesday rerun aren't you? :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:18 pm 
the colony settles on the planet and the cylons show up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:47 pm 
Quote:
Quote: the colony settles on the planet and the cylons show up

ahhhh yes ...but there are soooo many subplots :twisted:

Mike
;)
A06/TQ2.0.22134E1
There is nothing more impressive than a bloody big Alien
wiggling on the end of a sharp stick!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:23 pm 
Quote:
Quote:the colony settles on the planet and the cylons show up

Yes, I saw this much, I was looking for the VERY end, the details of it.

Maybe I didn'tmiss that much then?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:13 am 
Should we tell him about the Battlestar Atlantia, how it wasn't destroyed over Virgon by the Cylons, and that Admiral Nagala lives but has been cloned by the Cylons?

Maybe we should just stick with the shock of Callie's pregnency and Starbuck's long hair. ;)
Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.Route73.com/RPF/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:28 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Admiral Nagala

Pure 100% bitch. I like it!
Quote:
Quote:shock of Callie's pregnency
No shock there. I could see that coming ever since she shot Sharon #1
Quote:
Quote:Starbuck's long hair
Yeah, she looks hot with long hair :twisted: She should keep it that way.

Mike
A06/TQ2.0.22134E1
There is nothing more impressive than a bloody big Alien
wiggling on the end of a sharp stick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:18 am 
Well, it is not getting any cheerier:(

VANCOUVER, Canada—Katee Sackhoff, who plays fighter jock Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that her character is in for a rough time—and a new haircut—in the show's upcoming third season. Speaking in an interview on the set here of her new film, White Noise 2: The Light, Sackhoff said: "I just lost a huge battle with the producers as to my hair and what length it should and should not be." (Sackhoff's blond hair was streaked with bright red for her role in the supernatural horror sequel film White Noise 2.) "So it's going to be gone. Shorter than it was in the miniseries."

Sackhoff said to look for a big change in the fifth episode of the upcoming third season, after four episodes that promise to test the already-battered Starbuck to her limits. "She goes through a lot of turmoil in the first four episodes," she said. "More than we've ever seen [from] her. The depths of despair she finds herself in are pretty deep at the end of episode four. And she kind of re-establishes her commitment to the military in episode five, which is the haircut."

Also look for a new love interest for Starbuck in the new season, though Sackhoff remained coy about whether the new relationship will survive those first four episodes. "There is another man that comes into her life," Sackhoff said. "And it's a very unlikely man. Everyone is going to be so livid over it."

Sackhoff is doing a string of movies when she's not shooting Galactica, which just began production on the new season. She said that the workload helps her. "There's three overlap days coming up where I'm doing days on Battlestar and nights on White Noise," she said. "I'm thinking that I might get, like, two hours of sleep a night. But that's OK, because the scenes are very intense. I called my agent, and I was like, 'I'm going to win an Emmy!' I'm going to be so good those days, they're all going to be saying, 'Hey, this girl can act.'" Battlestar Galactica returns with new episodes in October. White Noise 2 is in production, with an eye to a 2007 release. —John Sullivan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:31 am 
Quote:
Quote: Should we tell him about the Battlestar Atlantia, how it wasn't destroyed over Virgon by the Cylons, and that Admiral Nagala lives but has been cloned by the Cylons?

Seriously? Because I missed the last two minutes too. :(

-Alex
"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 am 
Quote:
Quote:Seriously? Because I missed the last two minutes too. :(
No. ;) I just didn't feel right with the way they ended it...

(in my best Hudson voice)

"Oh, dear Lord Jesus, this aint happenin' man. This can't be happenin', man. This isn't happenin'!"

...so I took some liberties and tried to cover up some of the horrors so many of us witnessed in that last episode. ;)

It really seems like they painted themselves into a corner, and did some things to many of the characters that really didn't sit well with me. I guess I'll just have to put my faith in season three and hope that last season's finale was just a bad dream sequence. :roll:

Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.Route73.com/USCM/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner_2006.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:18 am 
Quote:
Quote:I guess I'll just have to put my faith in season three and hope that last season's finale was just a bad dream sequence.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the moment Baltar put his head down on his desk after he won the election, from then on it was a dream. Too much transpired over that time they were on the planet's surface. The characters changed too much... almost to an unlikable degree. Apollo is no longer the fit and trim ace pilot he used to be. Too much has changed, and I don't like it.

-Alex
"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:05 pm 
Quote:
Quote:The characters changed too much... almost to an unlikable degree. Apollo is no longer the fit and trim ace pilot he used to be. Too much has changed, and I don't like it.
I'm right there with you.

And as much as a screw-up Starbuck is, I still loved her character. But down on New Caprica she just seemed to have lost that special presence and now I feel like I don't even know her anymore. It's unfortunate, because I was digging the long hair. :(

Please, please... be a dream... it's only a dream.
Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.Route73.com/USCM/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner_2006.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:53 pm 
I only got as far as Adama ordering a boarding party to retrieve Helo & Chief off of the Pegasus. So tell me .. did the Pegasus get taken out when they finally settle their differences and made an attack against the Cylon fleet as in the old series (I think that's how it was) ?? Go ahead .. spoil it.
[img]http://www.scifimilitary.com/MAA/SFMsig.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:29 am 
They picked up a signal from a place called LV-426. Somethign about an abandoned space ship, possible Alien life forms...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:13 am 
Are you onlt that far MAA? I'd say but I don't want to spoil it for others lol.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:32 am 
What bothered me was Adama. I just don't see it. People can go down to the planet and get fat (or get fat on the ship like Lee) and start unions all day, but it felt like they just let go of the established characterizations in favor of change for changes sake.

I didn't care for it either.

Njc-------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:18 am 
So where is everyone exactly? I missed Last saturday's episode but the one before it was with the black market and Lee dealing with it.