The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: For you ghostbuster fans out there
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:16 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostb ... trona-wand

A replica egon wand from ghostbusters afterlife. Pre-order for a 100.

Post subject: Re: For you ghostbuster fans out there
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 pm 

looks really nice actually. The quality is excellent for the money. I don't like the brown grip or the brown handle wrapping as it looks a bit plasticky but other than that all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:53 am 
GarageGeek

was at walmart last week and saw a new ghost trap plus figures with the best likenesses ive seen. much better then the diamond select. classic GB was all over the place.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 pm 

seven wrote:
was at walmart last week and saw a new ghost trap plus figures with the best likenesses ive seen. much better then the diamond select. classic GB was all over the place.

that reminds me. I still have a ghost trap kit squirrelled away that i need to build. I haven't really felt like doing it since i built my pack though TBH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm 
GarageGeek

I built my pack from a spirit haloween pack and when i was done I didnt wanna work on anything for a long time.
would have been faster to use a kit. The spirit ghost trap looks good to me, the one i saw at walmart seemed a clunky.
The 3D printed one that Adam Savage reviewed looks good. I also have a totally scratch built one thats about 25% done,
only reason id finish it at this point is for bragging rights, its all bondo and cardboard. Something about ghostbusters stuff is theres no
end to how much detail and work you can put into it, its hard to feel comfortable stopping and call it finished. It's also hard to start a new build knowing how its gonna take 3 times longer then your highest estimate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:51 pm 

Mine is a Benofkent kit. Fantastic quality but i had some real problems with missing parts. All sorted in the end though. I would like to replace some of the cast parts with proper metal parts but it can become a money pit. Built it over last Christmas and had a load of fun with it. Apart from the electronics. Dear lord i hate electronics

Attachment:
pic.jpg
pic.jpg [ 932.43 KiB | Viewed 1701 times ]

Post subject: 7 GB spirit pack
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:14 am 
GarageGeek

I took some bad pictures of this Spirit pack that I made for my girls B-day. I'm running low on zip ties so I dont wanna cut it open, but I will if anyone wants to see that rats nest of wires. . Sodering the arduino and each individual LED and having NO CLUE about any of that stuff made it a lot more fun. I used one specific youtube video to do the Arduino sketch and I can link to that.
I printed the correct hangers for the wand and need to grab a few things like the acrylic pipe for the wand end.

Gb pack 3.jpeg
Gb pack 3.jpeg [ 762.09 KiB | Viewed 1680 times ]

gb pack2 .jpeg
gb pack2 .jpeg [ 824.68 KiB | Viewed 1680 times ]

gbpack1.jpeg
gbpack1.jpeg [ 846.01 KiB | Viewed 1680 times ]

Last edited by seven on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:05 pm 

I'm guessing you used the arduino code by claudedemonet. I did. Anyway great work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:20 pm 
GarageGeek

yeah i believe thats what i used