The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Arrghh! Pirates!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:35 pm 
www.newsarama.com/forums/...hp?t=71429

I think this board is like minded on piracy. Interesting move at a con in Mich.

Hmmm, link not working.

RIAA, MPAA RAID MOTOR CITY CON - UPDATED
14 dealers were taken into police custody, with over 30,000 suspected fraudulent items seized at this weekend's Motor City Con following a bust... [full story...]
What are you doing with a gun in space?Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joeranger>joeranger[/url] at: 5/22/06 1:41 pm

Post subject: Re: Arrghh! Pirates!!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:11 am 
Quite the wake up call for vendors selling bootleg garbage.

I didn't read the whole thread (just the initial post)- I think we should remind ourselves that making copies of anything whether in whole or in part, is illegal. So much so that the FBI warning at the beginning of any dvd these days includes the phrase "including infringement without monetary gain".

In other words, those fun little videos we like to make with clips of our favourite films, is against Federal law. :(

Not that it matters to me... I'm Canadian eh. ;) :lol:
Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:17 am 
Let's just say that no one get's pulled over for going 9 mph faster than the limit on the highway unless they are doing something else. In fact, doing 64 in a 55 keeps traffic moving.
65 to 80 you are taking your chances, but over 80, you are begging to be pulled over and endangering everyone else. These guys were doing 100mph.
What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:25 pm 
That's a bit of a joke. I mean, sure the dealers sign a form stating they won't sell bootleg material, but they still do it! And does the convention bother with policing the vendors? Heck no, that would cut in on their profit.
Does the convention itself get hammered when the cops find out? Heck no!

"How lucky are the few who know where they belong."

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:51 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Not that it matters to me... I'm Canadian eh.

Nor me... FBI have no jurisdiction in the UK!:lol:

***EDIT***

Although, we do have 'The Trading Standards Authority' who will quickly pull your pants down if you try to make a business out of this illegal activity.

Quote:
Quote:over 80, you are begging to be pulled over and endangering everyone else.

Actually most accidents (and therefore life 'endangering' driving) happen around the 35mph mark!

:P
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=treeboar>treeboar[/url] at: 5/25/06 5:25 pm