The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: congrats greifboy!!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:45 pm 
dude i think thats a sweet score!, definatly a very nice collectable!!!!! 8)
P.F.C. J. LEE U.S.C.M.C. A08/TQ1.0.101316X3

Post subject: Re: congrats greifboy!!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:48 pm 
I was watching that one too but decided not to bid. I'd have liked it just for the all the reference material.
I also think I would leave it as is and not take up the offer to have it "finished".

Darren

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:04 pm 
It took all my strength not to hit the "bid" button.

Nice score.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:30 pm 
Congrats.

I saw it a few days ago and was surprised it was so low.
Now I'm off to find out the winning bid :)
[img]http://www.colonialmarines.net/Banner.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:26 pm 
What was the auction?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:31 pm 
Ebay Auction - Finished

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:46 pm 
i was also gonna bid but decided not to as griefboy had put in the only bid and i dont "snipe" from friends and board members as long as i recognize the name. its kinda my own little "code of conduct." plus i know griefboy is gonna spoil us with pic's and all that. TEE HEE! uh thats my best AL BUNDY giddy laugh!! "where there's lots of beer and the hooters are near...... at the nudy bar!!!! :lol:
P.F.C. J. LEE U.S.C.M.C. A08/TQ1.0.101316X3Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=funboy1013xx>funboy1013xx[/url] at: 5/6/06 4:49 pm

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:56 pm 
Wow... had I seen it I would have bid on it. Nice score dude.

-Alex
"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:20 pm 
Wow. I missed this one totally.

Griefboy has a pretty kick ass pulse rifle collection as it is, this is a nice addition, and for THAT price, well, it's beyond a steal.

As for bidding against fellow board members and friends, well, I haven't even done it knowingly. I think for me it depends on the item, and it depends on how well I know the person.

If I put down a bid on something first, then I see someone I know bid on it, I would email them and we could discuss it. No big deal. I wouldn't get mad. Snipering an auction is part of bidding on ebay and it never makes me mad if it happens to me. Thems the breaks!

But there are items - like this one - where all best should be off, and it should be understood that it's not personal. This is a great item that any one of us here on the boards would love to have!

I've seen icons go for $1000 on ebay, banged up and broken ones missing triggers. We've all seen the recasts (a few of us own them) go for upwards of $500.

Anyway, I'm rambling. GB - one more reason for me to be jealous of your damn collection!!!! ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:53 am 
Holy crap! I just noticed this post! Sorry guys, I guess I should look in the OT forum a little more.

So yeah, they pulled that auction early. The seller gave me some crap story about a problem with the auction. Long story short... I didnt win jack. You can imagine how freaked out I was when I thought I won it for $199.00!

Oh and guys... snipe away! Hell, it's EBay man! :)
"I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield, I am your sword. I know you, your past, your future."Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=griefboy>Griefboy[/url]  Image at: 5/15/06 10:56 pm

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:22 pm 
I just read the auction

'The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price'

Contact ebay, it should be yours.
My guess is he just saw it going for a low price and pulled it. But the auction states he pulled it to sell at current bid price.
Get what you are owed ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:03 pm 
Just to be clear, I thought it was absolutly OK to outbid a board member. Isn't that why we have a "No live auction" posting restriction? It is a personal decision and you may decide not to, but there should be no hard feelings, right?
Good luck with the seller and let us know what happens.
What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:25 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Just to be clear, I thought it was absolutly OK to outbid a board member. Isn't that why we have a "No live auction" posting restriction? It is a personal decision and you may decide not to, but there should be no hard feelings, right?

That's pretty much how I feel. I think I might be compelled to back-off if I recognize the ID, but if it is something I've been searching for for a long time, and it's at a ridiculously low price...

Well let's just say I apologize in advance. ;) :roll:
Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:13 pm 
I can't read Engrish. I no not your names so I bid as I prease!

J/k Yeah I saw griefboys name. I figured at least one of us will have it and would hopefully share. I've spent too much already on gearing up for DC this year. It was tempting though.

Sorry the person pulled the auction. I would contest.

Dave
Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:25 am 
Quote:
Quote:Just to be clear, I thought it was absolutly OK to outbid a board member.
I didn't think it was okay, so I e-mailed the seller an offer on the side that he couldn't refuse.

If you can't beat them in a fair fight, cheat! ;)

[img]http://www.ripstick.com/USCM/images/MST3K_Bidding_War.jpg[/img]

Nah... I'm just kiddin'. ;) However, I was watching that auction as well, and I was going to bid... regardless as to whether or not I recognized Griefboy's username. :P ;)
Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.Route73.com/USCM/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner_2006.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:33 am 
Quote:
Quote:Wow... had I seen it I would have bid on it.

Quote:
Quote:it should be understood that it's not personal.

Quote:
Quote:I thought it was absolutly OK to outbid a board member.

Quote:
Quote:I bid as I prease!

Quote:
Quote:I was watching that auction as well, and I was going to bid

Ok so if we can come up with an unwritten rule amongst friends...

It is not OK to bid against fellow board members unless it is Griefboy. :)

I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I'm kidding. ;) ;) ;)
Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:08 am 
I would have bid on it just so griefboy couldn't have it;)
What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:28 am 
Quote:
Quote:It is not OK to bid against fellow board members unless it is Griefboy.

You know you HAVE to be nice to me since I'm also Canadian. I think is in the Canadian Criminal Code somewhere. :P

Quote:
Quote:I would have bid on it just so griefboy couldn't have it

I think me wife would have been extremely happy if you would have done that. I need an Icons PR like I need a hole in the head!
"I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield, I am your sword. I know you, your past, your future."

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:21 am 
Wow, so the seller is a punk? I will make a note.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:25 pm 
ebay end_early.html

Quote:
Quote:Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

Looks like this is exactly what happened.
The seller avoided paying the ebay fee for listing a reserve price, then ended the auction because it was not going to meet 'his idea' of a reserve price.

Not only that, but he ended it with a listing of
"Selling item to high bidder at current price"
Most likely to avoid suspicion of the former.

Either way this is an abuse of Ebay policy.
I'd say greifboy has a case no matter which of these angles he pursues.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;]edit
Spell check
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ts826>TS826[/url] at: 5/22/06 4:35 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:20 pm 
I've had a lengthy discussion with the seller and everything is cool. It's a long an complicated story that I cant share on a public forum. Needless to say, its not really the sellers fault and I'm being compensated so It's all good.
"I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield, I am your sword. I know you, your past, your future."Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=griefboy>Griefboy[/url]  Image at: 5/25/06 4:25 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:23 pm 
If you don't want to pursue it GB I'll gladly pursue it and pay for all the 'hassle' to get it ;)

I highly recommend you do though.
For us if nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:36 am 
could ya kinda shed some shouder lamp light on what "compensated is?!?!? ;)
P.F.C. J. LEE U.S.C.M.C. A08/TQ1.0.101316X3

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:44 am 
My guess is "free stuff" as an apology. That's how I'd of apologized. :D

Njc----------------

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:27 am 
Quote:
Quote:could ya kinda shed some shouder lamp light on what "compensated is?!?!?

Free beer! :)
"I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield, I am your sword. I know you, your past, your future."