The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Trigun costumers? - need help -
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:52 pm 
Hello everyone. My 14 year old niece is going to be attending Dragon Con for the first time this year, along with my older brother who makes all her costumes. This is a big deal for her as she loves to attend conventions and she's won a few costume contests in Detroit.

She's planning on attending as Millions Knives from Trigun, and asked me to ask around to see if she could meet up with other folks who costume as trigun characters that she could walk in the parade with.

So if anyone could help me out, and give me some info to pass on I would appreciate it. Just email or PM me. Thank you!

Noeland-------------------------
strangerfilms@comcast.net

Post subject: Re: Trigun costumers? - need help -
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:10 pm 
Has she tried jumping on the Cosplay.com forums? Might find just what she's looking for. Lotsa anime folks there and always tons going to cons and such.
<span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;font-size:small;]"We got nukes, knives...sharp sticks!!!"

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:15 pm 
and if i remember right there is a anime section of the parade....at least there was 2 years ago

pain can be avoided by not caring

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:22 am 
Cosplay Dcon Trigun

BTW...Cosplay.com is an oddity. I am on it, but it feels a little creepy being on the same website as kids discussing cartoons.
What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:22 am 
It's quite interesting the difference between the Anime influenced Cosplayers, and the Movie prop costumers.

I could hook you up with the guns, but other than that, I don't know of any inexpensive Trigun costume options.

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts." Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rook3>Rook 3[/url] at: 5/31/06 9:23 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:44 am 
Hot Topic sells the Vash coat. It's by no means perfect but it'll do in a crunch.

And Joe, my wife and I are on Cosplay (and other Anime boards) often as well. And we watch said cartoons. Hope we don't scare ya:D
<span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;font-size:small;]"We got nukes, knives...sharp sticks!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:45 am 
Deffinatly a strange difference, I used to date a cos-player.

Sorry though none of the Trigun ones I met through her are going down this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:03 am 
Does Hot Topic sell the red Vash coat, or just the black one? Their online site just shows a black one "similar" in style.

And good luck redying a black coat red. :D

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:44 am 
Joe, the OP in that thread is my niece. Thanks for the link, I've never been there before. Cosplay definately attracts kids, and I can see your point.

I don't costume at all, and back in the day when I went to cons regularly when I used to work on comics, I used to make relentless fun of the people who came to cons dressed as The Crow.

After I moved to tampa I met some very cool folks who costume as marvel and DC super heroes, and I met a lot of cool folks who make thier own costumes and who are ultra talented (like yourself Joe).

My interest in costumes and props is all about film making for me, and knowing people who can make costumes if very beneficial.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:24 am 
There is a company called abbeyshot that make repro's of jackets and such from movies, anime's, etc. and they have what I would assume is a pretty high quality vash jacket. It's certainly by no means cheap, but if you ever wanted to get as close to 100% as possible, it would probably be good.

www.abbyshot.com/index.php
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=scareb>Scareb[/url] at: 6/1/06 4:24 am

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:29 pm 
Yep, Abbyshot's products are NOT for people on a budget. But they do nice work so you do get what you pay for...

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Does Hot Topic sell the red Vash coat, or just the black one? Their online site just shows a black one "similar" in style.

The 3 or 4 stores down here have the red version. Maybe it's an in store thing.