The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: APC Cutaway - New film
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 pm 

Here's the poster for my new making-of film 'APC Cutaway', which has been produced in association with Fox and Insight Editions. Using time lapse photography, it documents the production process that went into creating the new APC cutaway artwork commissioned for the forthcoming title Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report. Graham Langridge played a big part in developing the artwork with me.

There are 2 cuts - a 4 minute version and a 14 minute version which also features all the other new artworks commissioned for the book. I'll post more details as soon as I'm given the release dates.

APC Cutaway poster_Fox approval_upload version.jpg
APC Cutaway poster_Fox approval_upload version.jpg [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 2987 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:20 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Awesome!

Any insight on why the book has been delayed in English? They need to hurry up and get it out before Blomkamp revises the canon and makes the book obsolete :(

Post subject: Re: APC Cutaway - New film
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:25 pm 

Not sure on the reason behind the delay, but I believe it's scheduled for release very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:41 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I'm buying the book regardless for your art alone dude. I have no idea what the rest of the book is going to be like (some leaked art from the French edition is pretty gonzo) but your cutaways and weapon profiles are awesome. I just finished scratchbuilding a flame unit so when I saw your artwork I was really impressed with the attention to detail.

Attachment:
1618704_10204032009736088_721735744594475891_n.jpg
1618704_10204032009736088_721735744594475891_n.jpg [ 93.64 KiB | Viewed 2933 times ]

Post subject: Re: APC Cutaway - New film
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm 

Thanks man - I really appreciate the kind words. :D
Depending on what the publisher says, I'll see if I can post some of the artworks at a later date.