The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Apology to Greg Newell
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:35 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Greg,
I apologize for going off on you during the poll dinner thread you posted. I unloaded pretty heavily on you and it was unwarranted.

I'd just returned home after a medical procedure where I'd had a nickle sized almost 1/8th thick "unicorn horn" nitrogen frozen on my forehead. The pain meds hadn't kicked in yet and it felt like a hammer was beating outwards of my skull.

Which left me more than a bit cranky, to say the least.

I'd heard from Paul about another individual bitching continually about changing the dinner for two years now.

Flashbacked to that.

I hold the Traditions of the Colonial Marines near and dear.

Before I replied, I did a search and found no discussion of any possible change, no reason given for any change.

I interpreted your post to indicate that a decision had been made to change the dinner and here were the choices.

Again, my apologies for an incorrect assumption. You didn't deserve my "unloading both barrels".

I'm sorry man. When I see you at DragonCon, I'll apologize again and I hope you allow me to buy you a drink.

Again, my sincere apologies.

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!