The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:04 pm 
THAT guy
User avatar

Location: Virginia
Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Country: United States
As the colonial Administration is to be voted on by the forum, so too will there be a vote for "USCM" Division leadership.

We need a "Commanding Officer" (CO) and an "Executive officer" (XO)
In this section, for the USCM CO and XO jobs, only USCM region members may participate.

CO's job - Responsible for the overall operation of the USCM division which may include serve as a point of contact for official division business, serving on division level disciplinary hearings, and delegating tasks to administrative staff

XO's job - The second in command and vice president of the USCM division. The XO assists the CO in operations of the division. The XO may be required to act as CO in the absence of the CO. The XO will also serve on division level disciplinary hearings. The XO will oversee division elections.

If you want either gig, please say so. Feel free to add any comments you feel appropriate regarding your candidacy.
*Note that battalions within the division should have the same jobs of up for elections, but that will be done in another thread. Please keep this one to the overall USCM region positions.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 am 
Sgt. Munkey
User avatar

Location: Acworth, GA
Service Number: A35/TQ9.0.13706E5
Country: United States
I would like to nominate

CO: Rob Slater
XO: Spat Oktan

Updated my nominations

_________________
A35/TQ9.0.13706E5 / The Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:08 am 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
I would like to nominate

CO Rob Slater
XO Paul Maitland

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 am 
'Nuff said.
User avatar

Location: Oakland TN outside of Memphis
Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Country: United States
I would like to nominate

CO Mike Rizzuto
XO Rob Slater

Thanks!

Greg

_________________
CPL A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
UKCM
SMMFD
Newell, Greg A
Gman
Tennessee - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 am 

Location: Atlanta GA
Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.02151G1
Country: United States
I would like to nominate

CO: Mike Rizzuto
XO: Paul Maitland

_________________
Pvt J.M. "Horny Tormund" Grabowski
A09/TQ2.0.02151G1
“You are only as strong as the warrior standing next to you.” - Mandalorian proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:28 am 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
Adept705 wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO: Mike Rizzuto
XO: Paul Maitland


gman666 wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO Mike Rizzuto
XO Rob Slater

Thanks!

Greg

Myself and Paul have already been nominated. Do you guys have any other choices?

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Country: United States
hunterkiller86 wrote:
Adept705 wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO: Mike Rizzuto
XO: Paul Maitland


gman666 wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO Mike Rizzuto
XO Rob Slater

Thanks!

Greg

Myself and Paul have already been nominated. Do you guys have any other choices?


If there is a tech officer role I would ask to nominate myself for that.

_________________
The impossible takes a while longer and goes over budget too...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:56 am 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
hunterkiller86 wrote:
Adept705 wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO: Mike Rizzuto
XO: Paul Maitland


gman666 wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO Mike Rizzuto
XO Rob Slater

Thanks!

Greg

Myself and Paul have already been nominated. Do you guys have any other choices?


If there is a tech officer role I would ask to nominate myself for that.

That is an appointed position, and only on the international level

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:40 pm 
USCM Ambassador
User avatar

Location: Northern California
Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Country: United States
I would like to nominate

CO Mike Rizzuto
XO Rob Slater

These two individuals are exemplary choices. Either could do CO or XO. In fact I had to flip a coin to determine the order I nominated!

Both love the Corps, it's Aliens and Marines both. It's mythos, it's Legacy.

Both have been working hard behind the scenes for years to improve the group.

Both have been named Most Valuable Marine.

Both are objective and fair.

Neither have a malicious bone in their body and as such, can be ab-so-lute-ly counted on to be fair and impartial.

They are two good men!

_________________
Image Image

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:43 pm 
'Nuff said.
User avatar

Location: Oakland TN outside of Memphis
Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Country: United States
Hollis DZC wrote:
I would like to nominate

CO Mike Rizzuto
XO Rob Slater

These two individuals are exemplary choices. Either could do CO or XO. In fact I had to flip a coin to determine the order I nominated!

Both love the Corps, it's Aliens and Marines both. It's mythos, it's Legacy.

Both have been working hard behind the scenes for years to improve the group.

Both have been named Most Valuable Marine.

Both are objective and fair.

Neither have a malicious bone in their body and as such, can be ab-so-lute-ly counted on to be fair and impartial.

They are two good men!


I agree! Whomever gets the positions should be active in this community! They both have shown this.

Thanks!

Greg

_________________
CPL A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
UKCM
SMMFD
Newell, Greg A
Gman
Tennessee - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
I would like to thank those who nominated me for the USCM CO, but i will have to respectfully decline the nomination

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 pm 
Sgt. Munkey
User avatar

Location: Acworth, GA
Service Number: A35/TQ9.0.13706E5
Country: United States
hunterkiller86 wrote:
I would like to thank those who nominated me for the USCM CO, but i will have to respectfully decline the nomination


So, just to clarify, that would make Rob Slate CO by default? I'm fine with that :)

_________________
A35/TQ9.0.13706E5 / The Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:09 pm 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
Mantroon wrote:
hunterkiller86 wrote:
I would like to thank those who nominated me for the USCM CO, but i will have to respectfully decline the nomination


So, just to clarify, that would make Rob Slate CO by default? I'm fine with that :)

looks that way :mrgreen:

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:22 pm 
'Nuff said.
User avatar

Location: Oakland TN outside of Memphis
Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Country: United States
Mike you still in running for XO?

_________________
CPL A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
UKCM
SMMFD
Newell, Greg A
Gman
Tennessee - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:28 pm 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
gman666 wrote:
Mike you still in running for XO?

no, i think we have a good candidate pool for that.

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:07 am 
'Nuff said.
User avatar

Location: Oakland TN outside of Memphis
Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Country: United States
hunterkiller86 wrote:
gman666 wrote:
Mike you still in running for XO?

no, i think we have a good candidate pool for that.


Sorry to hear that. With that being the case I want to amend my nominations.

CO: Rob Slater (not needed)
XO: Rex Adams

Thanks!

Greg

_________________
CPL A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
UKCM
SMMFD
Newell, Greg A
Gman
Tennessee - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:20 am 
User avatar

Location: Columbia, MD
Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.42136E1
Country: United States
second

_________________
Rob Slater
A08/TQ2.0.42136E1

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:22 am 
USCM Ambassador
User avatar

Location: Northern California
Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Country: United States
I would like to thank Greg for the nomination for XO. If elected, I would be proud to stand beside Rob and do what we can to steer this big ship straight. 8)

I've been Member since 2006, been active in many different events, I know many of you and would like to know the rest of you!

I believe in treating everyone fairly. I think we've got one heckuva cool group and we can make it even better.

I believe in listening and making a decision logically and fairly.

As for experience in this sort of thing - I've been part of another costume club - the Avengers Initiative and it's Chapter, the West Coast Avengers. During the past 10 years or so, I've been CO twice, Sgt. at Arms twice and am currently the XO for the West Coast Chapter. I am also the Captain of the Guard for the national Avengers Initiative.

I can't stress enough in Fairness and Listening. Our Aliens Legacy has seen some rather lean times of late, but while I cannot change the past, I would like to stress the future looks not just bright, but fun! Let's enjoy this hobby, and get back to Aliens, Colonial Marines - in helping others build costumes, in establishing regional Chapters, let's listen to new, fresh ideas!

Let's Enjoy the Colonial Marines, the Xenomorphs and what is associated with it!

_________________
Image Image

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:33 am 
'Nuff said.
User avatar

Location: Oakland TN outside of Memphis
Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Country: United States
Hollis DZC wrote:
I would like to thank Greg for the nomination for XO. If elected, I would be proud to stand beside Rob and do what we can to steer this big ship straight. 8)

I've been Member since 2006, been active in many different events, I know many of you and would like to know the rest of you!

I believe in treating everyone fairly. I think we've got one heckuva cool group and we can make it even better.

I believe in listening and making a decision logically and fairly.

As for experience in this sort of thing - I've been part of another costume club - the Avengers Initiative and it's Chapter, the West Coast Avengers. During the past 10 years or so, I've been CO twice, Sgt. at Arms twice and am currently the XO for the West Coast Chapter. I am also the Captain of the Guard for the national Avengers Initiative.

I can't stress enough in Fairness and Listening. Our Aliens Legacy has seen some rather lean times of late, but while I cannot change the past, I would like to stress the future looks not just bright, but fun! Let's enjoy this hobby, and get back to Aliens, Colonial Marines - in helping others build costumes, in establishing regional Chapters, let's listen to new, fresh ideas!

Let's Enjoy the Colonial Marines, the Xenomorphs and what is associated with it!


It is my honor. I see the work you have done with charities and hospitals as a goal I want to achieve here. With St Jude being such a large part of Memphis, I am just hoping I can do a fraction. And I hope with firm leadership we can grow this community to where it has been and beyond. I can not stress enough that I believe we need active leadership.

Thanks!

Greg

_________________
CPL A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
UKCM
SMMFD
Newell, Greg A
Gman
Tennessee - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:00 pm 
Sgt. Munkey
User avatar

Location: Acworth, GA
Service Number: A35/TQ9.0.13706E5
Country: United States
Well, guess I better write something *cough*

It's kind of hard to follow on from what Rex said, as he has pretty much nailed it on the head. So if what I say sounds a bit repetitive, sorry about that.

So what would I do as XO?

With Rob Slater as CO, I guess it would be my job to give my help and to make sure that Rob achieves the goals he sets out, to back his plays. I'll act fairly and responsibly in carrying out the duties Rob would assign me.

What experience do I have to be XO?

So I've been a part of this community since 2004 (has it really been that long?). In 2006, me and Bruce Smith started the UKCM, which I ran for about 4 years. Worked with the Exewing Fundraisers raising money for various charities. With the UKCM, we raised money for children's charities, developed relationships with Fox, Sega and Gearbox. When I moved to the US, I organized the Alien Encounter in Columbus, DragonCon table, etc, etc... but y'all know this stuff already.

Thoughts on the USCM going into the future:

There should be a few principles the group should adhere to:

INCLUSIVENESS: We should step out of our comfort zone. There's more to this fandom than playing soldier. We should reach out and work with other groups like AVP Galaxy, Weyland Yutani Bulletin and even the Hunter's Lair. Cosplayers or fans, all should be welcome.

FUN: Stop taking things so seriously. We are not military reenactors, not a PMC and certainly not real marines. We need to have fun with this fandom, laugh at ourselves. Crossover costumes? No problem, quirky costumes? No problem. Yes, there might be times, for certain events, etc. Where the bar has got to be raised, but those should be exceptions, not the rule. All should be welcome to join this group, celebrate the fandom and have fun.

FAIRNESS and STRUCTURE: I take my hat off to Mike for taking the previous Charter and adding the much-needed structure to the group. Thanks to his work, I believe the structure he has added will make this group a much fairer and welcoming group to be in.

So, thanks to Mike and Adept for the nomination, and special thanks to Mike to all the hard work he has done on this, even though I know he must have felt like he was bashing his head against a brick wall at times.

And in conclusion, vote for Rex Adams, I know I did :)

_________________
A35/TQ9.0.13706E5 / The Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:55 am 
USCM Ambassador
User avatar

Location: Northern California
Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Country: United States
:D :D :D

_________________
Image Image

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:24 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Country: United States
XO: Spat Oktan
CO: Terran Roberts.

Greg has shown a lot of understanding on what the group needs to act upon to grow as a whole. The St. Jude's fund raiser angle is something we have to do for charities as that is what other groups like the 501st does.

Terran has shown he has a great understanding in getting groups together and coordinating to get synced costumed group appearances.

Whoever gets elected and appointed I will assist and help in any requested role needed. Unfortunately my new employment precludes any amount of freedom on the weekends, but plenty of freedom during weekdays. I will continue to document and contribute to the group regardless of who is elected.

Good luck to all the candidates.

Edit: Revised XO in light of Greg's statement.

_________________
The impossible takes a while longer and goes over budget too...


Last edited by knoxvilles_joker on Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 pm 
'Nuff said.
User avatar

Location: Oakland TN outside of Memphis
Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Country: United States
I appreciate the nomination but I will have to decline again. I want to focus on getting something going on here. I have seen and talked to members and potential members that are concerned about "activity" in their areas. I want to focus on getting that going first in Memphis and surrounding areas. That is why I think it is very important that nominees are active all the time and not just during certain times. Plus according to the election rules all nominations were to be in by April 30 as voting started and is already underway. Once again I appreciate the thought. I stand behind my nomination of Rex Adams.

Thanks!

Greg

_________________
CPL A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
UKCM
SMMFD
Newell, Greg A
Gman
Tennessee - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 am 
Sgt. Munkey
User avatar

Location: Acworth, GA
Service Number: A35/TQ9.0.13706E5
Country: United States
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
XO: Spat Oktan
CO: Terran Roberts.

Greg has shown a lot of understanding on what the group needs to act upon to grow as a whole. The St. Jude's fund raiser angle is something we have to do for charities as that is what other groups like the 501st does.

Terran has shown he has a great understanding in getting groups together and coordinating to get synced costumed group appearances.

Whoever gets elected and appointed I will assist and help in any requested role needed. Unfortunately my new employment precludes any amount of freedom on the weekends, but plenty of freedom during weekdays. I will continue to document and contribute to the group regardless of who is elected.

Good luck to all the candidates.

Edit: Revised XO in light of Greg's statement.


I believe nominations closed once voting started.

_________________
A35/TQ9.0.13706E5 / The Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: USCM Election Candidate podium
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:42 am 
Expendable
User avatar

Location: chicagoland
Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Country: United States
Mantroon wrote:
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
XO: Spat Oktan
CO: Terran Roberts.

Greg has shown a lot of understanding on what the group needs to act upon to grow as a whole. The St. Jude's fund raiser angle is something we have to do for charities as that is what other groups like the 501st does.

Terran has shown he has a great understanding in getting groups together and coordinating to get synced costumed group appearances.

Whoever gets elected and appointed I will assist and help in any requested role needed. Unfortunately my new employment precludes any amount of freedom on the weekends, but plenty of freedom during weekdays. I will continue to document and contribute to the group regardless of who is elected.

Good luck to all the candidates.

Edit: Revised XO in light of Greg's statement.


I believe nominations closed once voting started.

Nominations closed on the 30th. The next period for nominations will be june of 2020

_________________
PFC Mike Rizzuto MVM
USS Blackhawk
3rd Batt 12th Regt


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: