The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Q & A: Melissa Klassen for Aliens Legacy Executive Officer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:42 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
First I'd like to thank Mike for the nomination, I'm very grateful for the opportunity presented.

Second, I know it's late but if anyone has questions for what I would like to do/see happen if I am elected, now is the time to ask me.

For starters, I'd like to see the club continue to evolve. Mike has us set towards the path of good change, but if I am elected as XO, I'd like to push forward towards a new, updated website/forum and start additional social media groups such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well as Discord. I'm open to other community suggestions as well.

I still believe the forum has a place, as it holds a vast library of knowledge from the franchise, but social media is the quicker, simpler way of staying connected.

Outside of that, I look forward to assisting the Admin team with operation of the club and helping to plan more events, even if they are online in today's "social distancing" times. I also would like to see the group take part in media projects such as films, television, books and games. We are, after all the home of the world's "Colonial Marines". I'd also like to see a collaboration of the other larger Aliens communities online such as the Weyland Yutani Bulletin and others.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject: Re: Q & A: Melissa Klassen for Aliens Legacy Executive Offic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:49 am 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
Moosh89 wrote:
I'd like to push forward towards a new, updated website/forum and start additional social media groups such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well as Discord. I'm open to other community suggestions as well.

I still believe the forum has a place, as it holds a vast library of knowledge from the franchise, but social media is the quicker, simpler way of staying connected.

I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts that the board should look to update itself, however on your second point regarding social media I'm not as convinced that this would be a good idea. I see the board as-is as a definite 'hub' and to reach out into too many other locations can mean that information is easily lost. I belong to a few prop collecting Facebook pages and it's a nightmare trying to find, say, a post that I saw previously because things move and are updated at such a rate of speed.

Having social media pages to principally direct traffic here would be a great idea though.

Harry

Post subject: Re: Q & A: Melissa Klassen for Aliens Legacy Executive Offic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:07 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Harry Harris wrote:

Having social media pages to principally direct traffic here would be a great idea though.

Harry

Agreed on your points. The forum/website is definitely the heart of the group, whereas a lot of the younger generation want quick, bite-sized access from social media. Forum surfing is a deep dive, investments are signing up and making an account, posting messages, etc... For those just browsing, it's far more appealing to hit "like" and see posts that are interesting pop up in their curated social feeds. Social media is simply a window to the forum.

If any new/interesting/noteworthy content finds itself on Social media before the forum, I'd expect whoever running the socials to cross-post that information to the forum.

Apologies if my original thoughts didn't convey this thinking, so thank you for allowing me to explain 8)

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]