The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: First club elections
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:09 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
All,

We will be conducting the first club elections in April. The charter states terms will be August to August of the following year. Since this is tje first year for elections, we will have the term run form April 2019 to August 2020. To office, you must have responded to the roll call and be in good standing. Club membership will have an opportunity for questions and answers in this sub forum. Elections for divisions will be held in the appropriate election subforum.

Mike

Post subject: Re: First club elections
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:54 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Been awful quiet here with the month nearly half over and elections supposed to be taking place.
Has anyone thought about declaring their candidacy for a position? Gotta have candidates if there is to be a vote!

Per the charter, the forum needs a "Colonial Administration"!
As a reminder for those who have not peaked at the charter lately, available positions are as follows.

-"Commanding officer" (CO)
-"Executive Offer" (XO, 2nd in command)
-"Sergeant of Arms" (SgtA)
(-Technical support officer and Registrar will be appointed by elected Colonial administration, I say it can't hurt to state ones desire if they want either gig)

Who wants in? State your case.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:53 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Is this going to be the spot for the CA nominations? If so

CO: Mike Rizzuto
XO: Kris Kobus
SgtA: Frank Peters

Thanks!

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
These are excellent choices.

Fair, Impartial and Love the Aliens Legacy and all it represents!

SgtA: Frank Peters

It's not an easy task we're asking them to do. Or rather, nominating them to do.

As Captain of the Guard of the nationwide Avengers Initiative and XO of it's Chapter - the West Coast Avengers, there can be challenges ahead. I know how both how tough and how rewarding or perhaps, fulfilling is a better word. Sometimes it can be really challenging, not just with membership, but with overall policy, etc.

I truly believe these guys can do it and do it well.

To lead the group into the next decade, we need Good Men. Good Men like these.

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:48 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
First of all many thanks for the nomination.

As I'm already XO and SgtA for the GER.C.M. Division due to work constrains I have to decline further roles.
If in individual actions help is needed feel free to contact me, but for now time vise this is impossible to take care of.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
577_ops wrote:
First of all many thanks for the nomination.

As I'm already XO and SgtA for the GER.C.M. Division due to work constrains I have to decline further roles.
If in individual actions help is needed feel free to contact me, but for now time vise this is impossible to take care of.

I really appreciate you posting this. I really respect when someone evaluates their time and comes to a decision like this. It means a lot that you did not just take the nomination knowing that. I would like to amend my nomination to:

SgtA: Melissa Klassen

Again I think it is vital that the CA represent all different nations/divisions. And just like the individual nations/divisions, those officers should be made up of those currently active in the community giving their time and resources. Mike/Kris/Melissa have proven this in all they have done for the community.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:38 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Understand completely Frank!

Allow me to point out what the Sgt. at Arms role might entail -

I'm going to compare it to the role I hold w/ the Avengers Initiative - Obviously, one can't directly compare Superheroes with Colonial Marines and Xenos. But, we can compare Organizations and roles within those organizations.

The Avengers Initiative is a nationwide organization with various Chapters (currently, West Coast Avengers, East Coast, Mid-West and Pan Pacific)

Previously with the Club, I held the role of CO for the West Coast Avengers for 2 terms, Sgt. at Arms for 2 and currently am XO for the WCA. As well as Captain of the Guard for the National Club.

Captain of the Guard and Sgt. at Arms are essentially the same role.

Know the Charter. Know the Charter Well. Oversee everything - so basically, I check all the various Chapters on a daily basis, making sure everyone stays within our "boundaries", such as no charging for appearances.

Again, this part obviously doesn't pertain to the AL, but I mention it purely to describe what a Sgt. at Arms would do. Monitor activity, make sure the CO and XO stay within the rules too.

There are other more specific duties the AL Sgt may be required to do. But just to give you all a brief idea of how other costume clubs operate.

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:06 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
First I'd like to say I appreciate the sentiment behind Greg's opinion of my nomination of SgtA. I certainly will try my best if anyone chooses to vote for me. I believe it could be a great learning experience and takes me out of my comfort zone in a good way.

In saying that, my main concern is how the UACM elections shake out. Currently we're dealing with difficulties receiving emails pertaining to the roll call and elections. I'd much prefer a spot on a smaller scale within the UACM as I have some experience there as XO.

As for my personal choice for SgtA I will say that ideally, I agree with Greg that the Colonial Administration should be made up of members from multiple divisions. I also understand that the charter states a member may only hold ONE position. (I may be misinterpreting this though)

While my decisions for CO and XO have already been nominated multiple times for those roles, I am willing to make an exception to my belief of division "diversity" and nominate someone who currently isn't nominated, but should be.

I nominate TERRAN "bigbisont" ROBERTS for SgtA of the Colonial Administration.

Terran is an excellent choice for this because he is fair, impartial and to me is highly regarded in his judgement and would make an excellent SgtA to be sure everything is done fair and just. He is kind, thoughtful and he loves Aliens and has proven his commitment to enhancing the club.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:29 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
Nominations are closed!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]