The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: proposed change to AL charter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:13 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
I hereby propose the following change to the charter:

section 3

4. Must be able to pass requirements from section 12.3.3 and 12.3.6

and section 12.3

subsection 6 - Membership in a criminal organization. (IE criminal gangs, hate groups, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
Is 12.3.6 the newest addition/change, or is all of 12.3?

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:56 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
I would further add about "membership in a criminal organization" that some type of proof must be required, not just "he said, she said" type of thing.

I don't know how difficult this would be, achieving "Proof", but I don't want to see members having a beef with one another and pointing fingers at another. If someone is accused, than the accuser should bring proof as well.
How is someone to defend against a accusation otherwise?
"No I'm not!" "Yes you are!" "No I'm not!" "Yes you are!" Etc.
I don't want to see the "Cancel Culture" take hold here.
Proof of Member of a Criminal Organization / Hate Group - BAM! You're OUT.
But objectively speaking, not something for example, like what happened to Gina Carano.

Not a finger-pointing witch hunt.

Facts. Proof.

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:38 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Hollis DZC wrote:
I would further add about "membership in a criminal organization" that some type of proof must be required, not just "he said, she said" type of thing.

I don't know how difficult this would be, achieving "Proof", but I don't want to see members having a beef with one another and pointing fingers at another. If someone is accused, than the accuser should bring proof as well.
But objectively speaking, not something for example, like what happened to Gina Carano.

Facts. Proof.

Agree totally. Do not want to see it tuned into a he said/she said/they said issue.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:20 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
How exactly would that be done without the help of law enforcement??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:03 pm 
USCM Ambassador

88reaper88 wrote:

I said I didn't know how proof could be obtained.

But one can't can't punish someone just because someone points a finger.

This can easily set a precedent - " I don't like Joe" "Hey, me either! Let's say he's a member of a hate group and get him banned!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:12 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
88reaper88 wrote:

i am not sure how they do stuff in other countries, but in the US if you get arrested for something, they place your booking photo along with charges in the local newspaper. that should be easy to obtain.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:41 pm 
USCM Ambassador

hunterkiller86 wrote:
88reaper88 wrote:

i am not sure how they do stuff in other countries, but in the US if you get arrested for something, they place your booking photo along with charges in the local newspaper. that should be easy to obtain.

Pictures tell a thousand words!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:23 am 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
Hollis DZC wrote:

Facts. Proof.

Specifically re: the Proud Boys, I and a number of other people did see posts from one individual on Twitter, as well as one of his many Facebook aliases ( He kept getting banned for hate speech ), proclaiming his membership.
Sadly, nobody currently has screenshots to hand - I did ask a few of the people that complained.

What's the stance on someone blatantly posting hate-speech on their socials; transphobia, homophobia, racism and such? Can someone still be in good standing here, if they're a known bigot because of their behaviour elsewhere?
We have a number of trans members here, and I for one would rather this be a safe space for them to exist and interact, without fear of coming into contact with someone who basically wants to deny their right to exist...

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:58 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Scapey wrote:
Hollis DZC wrote:

Facts. Proof.

Specifically re: the Proud Boys, I and a number of other people did see posts from one individual on Twitter, as well as one of his many Facebook aliases ( He kept getting banned for hate speech ), proclaiming his membership.
Sadly, nobody currently has screenshots to hand - I did ask a few of the people that complained.

What's the stance on someone blatantly posting hate-speech on their socials; transphobia, homophobia, racism and such? Can someone still be in good standing here, if they're a known bigot because of their behaviour elsewhere?
We have a number of trans members here, and I for one would rather this be a safe space for them to exist and interact, without fear of coming into contact with someone who basically wants to deny their right to exist...

I absolutely agree that the AL should be a safe place for all. That goes without saying.

Regarding Banning Members, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the history of the AL, everyone who has been Banned, there was evidence, not just he said, she said.

I say this for the future of the AL, without evidence, it sents a precedent.

Why am I concerned about having proof?

Here's why-
I'm also part of a national superhero costume group with various chapters, West Coast, Mid-Pacific, etc
I've been part of it for years and years.
I've served as a Chapter XO for two terms, then Chapter CO for two terms, then stepped down.

We have a Council comprised of current and former Club officers.
I'm still on it.

A few years ago, the new CO received a complaint from a Member against another Member.

Member "A" said that Member "B" was mean to her.
So this CO tells the Council he's going to Ban "B" and her partner.

I ask what what did "B" and her partner say when he asked them about the alleged incident.

He said he never talked to them, but was going to Ban them anyway.
As Captain of the Guard for the National Club, I told him that's not how the procedure works. The accused is allowed to be notified that a complaint has been filed, etc.
We based much of our Procedures on what other National costume clubs have done.

He says "A" has witnesses...who turn out to be her boyfriend, sister and mother.
Long story shortened here, but at various Conventions, we get a Fan Table and x amount of Free Passes. In return for a Free Pass, we ask that you spend an hour at the Fan Table. Not just get in Free, drop your stuff off at the table in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon.

Most of the time it's not an issue, we usually get 20 Free Passes. This particular Convention was a big one in San Jose.
We got 6 passes. They went to Members who regularly volunteer at the Fan Table. Member "A" would never volunteer. And even after getting free passes at other events, never would spend any time at the Fan Table.

It turned out that Member B was considered being "mean" to Member A because she didn't give her a Free Pass.
Member A literally twisted this around to try and get Member B and her partner Banned (the partner hadn't done anything but was going to be banned anyway...) to get revenge because she didn't get a Free Pass.

I hadn't even met Member A or B, but procedure had to be followed.
In this case, we were glad it was.

I know it's a long story, but that's why I feel the way I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:55 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
I absolutely agree that evidence is needed for a ban; I was just wanting to clarify that evidence of bigoted behaviour /off/ the AL is still grounds for banning FROM the AL.

It sickens me to see people posting transphobic and homophobic comments/memes on other media, yet they'll hide their bigotry on here and in person to avoid being shunned by the decent folks in the group.

But I've also seen plenty of cases of "weaponised false accusations"; hence my agreement that we do need Receipts.

Dom specifically, cleansed his social media presence, and last response I got after asking him:

"Just FYI, we have had a few complaints to the Mod Team, regarding some of the material posted to your social media over the last few years as regarding ethnic and LGBTQ+ minorities; including your outright stating that you are a member of the Proud Boys.

Therefore, I do just need to check - Are you still a member of that group, or any similar organisations?"

was:

"Can you please elaborate on these allegations? Do you have any evidence of any of this? Did you know that the group you have mentioned is a prescribed terrorist organization in Canada?"

I asked him to clarify his stance, but never got a reply.

"Apart from the multiple posts that I and others saw you make under your multiple Facebook pseudonyms wherein you mentioned being a member, none of which are currently active on Facebook?
I'll see what I can do.

Does this mean that you are now categorically stating that you are not and never have been a member of or supporter of the Proud Boys, or any similarly racist organisation?
And, while we're at it, that you do not hold any homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, or otherwise bigoted opinions? Might as well cover all complaint bases in one query!"

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:29 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Scapey wrote:
I absolutely agree that evidence is needed for a ban; I was just wanting to clarify that evidence of bigoted behaviour /off/ the AL is still grounds for banning FROM the AL.

It sickens me to see people posting transphobic and homophobic comments/memes on other media, yet they'll hide their bigotry on here and in person to avoid being shunned by the decent folks in the group.

But I've also seen plenty of cases of "weaponised false accusations"; hence my agreement that we do need Receipts.

Dom specifically, cleansed his social media presence, and last response I got after asking him:

"Just FYI, we have had a few complaints to the Mod Team, regarding some of the material posted to your social media over the last few years as regarding ethnic and LGBTQ+ minorities; including your outright stating that you are a member of the Proud Boys.

Therefore, I do just need to check - Are you still a member of that group, or any similar organisations?"

was:

"Can you please elaborate on these allegations? Do you have any evidence of any of this? Did you know that the group you have mentioned is a prescribed terrorist organization in Canada?"

I asked him to clarify his stance, but never got a reply.

"Apart from the multiple posts that I and others saw you make under your multiple Facebook pseudonyms wherein you mentioned being a member, none of which are currently active on Facebook?
I'll see what I can do.

Does this mean that you are now categorically stating that you are not and never have been a member of or supporter of the Proud Boys, or any similarly racist organisation?
And, while we're at it, that you do not hold any homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, or otherwise bigoted opinions? Might as well cover all complaint bases in one query!"

Here's an example -
We Banned a member for beating his kid. His now ex-wife posted pictures. No Question.

I'm being completely objective in my viewpoint.
NO prior, current or future relationship of mine, and I would add, ANY AL Member should have any bearing on whether or not any AL member should be Banned.

We Must Be Objective.

NO far-right, NO far-left Hate Group members should be a member of the AL.

What should be a part of the AL is what always has been, Proof.