The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Cyma thompson
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pm 

Hello all
Planning a pulse rifle build using a cyma thompson. Is the front sight removeable or is it molded to the gun? Looks like there is a pin but cant tell if it just for looks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:51 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Angle grinders fix most things [sometimes a little "too fixed"].

Post subject: Re: Cyma thompson
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:42 pm 

propmainiac wrote:
Hello all
Planning a pulse rifle build using a cyma thompson. Is the front sight removeable or is it molded to the gun? Looks like there is a pin but cant tell if it just for looks

Honestly, the Matrix/Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle is about as good as one can get, with no hassle of trying to hand craft the body and other pieces. Yeah it costs a bit but you just cant beat it.

https://www.evike.com/products/37490/

Ebay, and Hopup have them up for sale all the time. There is one Pulse Rifle on Hopup right now that is asking for $220.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I have to be honest, whilst I fully understand the attraction of the Snow Wolf and indeed the predecessor G&P kits, they do have a number of faults. Firstly the shroud is not particularly authentic, especially around the rear. The locking mechanism for the stock is not particularly robust. The GL section (the SPAS CAGE) is particularly poor and it’s a pity they could not incorporate a functioning pump shotgun underneath it (it would make it very popular albeit it more expensive). The magazine base is not attached to the magazine although people have created 3D printer adaptors over the years. There are no sling attachments.

That being said the counter is good and it’s a good starter for ten. But I had a G&P kit to start with. The only thing to survive that for my hero guild was the Thompson.

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:38 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.93338E1
propmainiac wrote:
Hello all

Hope that´ll help you. Don´t know which modell you are using, but normally Cyma´s can be totally disassembly. Keep up the good work. Glad to see your progress.

Oorah, Marines!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:18 am 

ilovethecorps wrote:
I have to be honest, whilst I fully understand the attraction of the Snow Wolf and indeed the predecessor G&P kits, they do have a number of faults. Firstly the shroud is not particularly authentic, especially around the rear. The locking mechanism for the stock is not particularly robust. The GL section (the SPAS CAGE) is particularly poor and it’s a pity they could not incorporate a functioning pump shotgun underneath it (it would make it very popular albeit it more expensive). The magazine base is not attached to the magazine although people have created 3D printer adaptors over the years. There are no sling attachments.

That being said the counter is good and it’s a good starter for ten. But I had a G&P kit to start with. The only thing to survive that for my hero guild was the Thompson.

I don’t know what to tell you, for the money, it cant be beat. Any issues with the design can be corrected fairly well.

As far as the lock for the stock, I skirmished my Pulse Rifle, just about every weekend, for a year and a half, with the stock extended, before I broke the plastic peice inside. There are several ways to fix the issue, I just went with filling the area at and above the peice with JB Weld, and a few screws.

The extended mag guide is also a simple fix.

Sling attachments are extremely simple, I just put add on a short M-Lock picatinny rail on the left side of the barrel vent, and used a long bolt and another cut down peice of picatinny rail where the second bolt for the Thompson stock would go, and put QD sling mounts on both.

There are tons of ways to make a functional “grenade launcher”, its just a matter of how one wants to go about it.

I’ve even put a mock PEQ box to externally mount a battery, and made a picatinny scope mount to fit about the “carry handle”.

The SPAS case isnt that bad, its not hard to clean it up as well.

There is a lot of resources here, and places like Rooks Pulse Rifle page on how to make the Snow Wolf/GP Pulse Rifle kits work really well.

I am putting mine back together right now with a Microswitch Trigger, mosfet, and a grenade launcher one shot setup; bringing it out of retirement, for skirmishes now and then, to show the old gal’ can still reach out and touch someone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:21 am 

chachov wrote:
propmainiac wrote:
Hello all

Hope that´ll help you. Don´t know which modell you are using, but normally Cyma´s can be totally disassembly. Keep up the good work. Glad to see your progress.

Isnt that a GBB Thompson diagram?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:22 am 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Yep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:26 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
The Tokyo Marui M1A1 Thompson AEG manual can be found HERE
There's an exploded parts view within (and the CYMA [/Echo1] is basically a clone of the TM ..., I think).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:00 am 

septic wrote:
The Tokyo Marui M1A1 Thompson AEG manual can be found HERE
There's an exploded parts view within (and the CYMA [/Echo1] is basically a clone of the TM ..., I think).

Yes, the CYMA, King Arms, and Snow Wolf Thompsons are all clones of the TM replica. I know there are some Ares made Thompsons but I have never seen one, so I can’t speak to the origin of their design.

Never have seen, or heard of an Echo1 Thompson, but they dont make their own stuff anyways, so it would just be a rebrand of someone elses replica.