The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Modified air soft pulse rifle fitted with grenade launcher
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:16 pm 
NZCM "Bug Stompers"

Service Number: A10/TQ1.0.22132E1
Yes you heard correctly, Grenade launcher!

NZCM comtech Matt Reading has posted up this video of his M4A1 explaining his modifications on his Airsoft PR on his Wellington Ironman YouTube channel.

Checkout his other videos also.
It’s a small channel so please show this talented marine our corps love by liking, commenting, sharing and subscribing.

Oohraaaa to ashes marines!

https://youtu.be/rtu_2st-SsI

3 Day war on Titan Veteran ☠️

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 am 
dropship mechanic

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.62144G1
Just watched this vid, this guys good! All mods I’d like to do myself, especially the magazine guide rail. Guess I gotta go buy a 3D printer now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Pretty sure Matt still sells the rails; wouldn't hurt to ask him if you're after one. He's on the forum here; search / PM Dynofiend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:14 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ2.0.12140E1
Hello :)

Yup I have all the files for the printed parts on my rifle and have made them to sell before. Postage costs can be an issue globally with small orders but there are alternatives we can talk through :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:16 pm 

dynofiend wrote:
Hello :)

Yup I have all the files for the printed parts on my rifle and have made them to sell before. Postage costs can be an issue globally with small orders but there are alternatives we can talk through :)

I can vouch for Matt’s loading rails, they make loading mags a breeze! Matt is quite ingenious!

Matt,

I would gladly pay you for a conversion kit for the grenade lanucher, and instructions. I think that would make my use of that replica so much more enjoyable, and further break peoples minds at the local field!

I am also interested on instructions on converting the shroud to allow the lower reciever to be removed without disassembly of the whole replica. Were there any parts that you made? Does the lower and upper stay rigid with the shroud conversion?

If you still have my email we can talk particulars on the buying and shipping part.

Post subject: Re: Modified air soft pulse rifle fitted with grenade launch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ2.0.12140E1
Thanks very much for the kind words regards the rails and the conversion :)

I would love to offer the parts for a grenade conversion, but regretably there is only one 3d printed piece that I can replicate (the front cap). All the other parts were just fabricated by hand from aluminium stock, and I have no measurements or anything to help me replicate them. I'd also say that roughly 80% of the work involved is in modifying the spas cage interior and the airsoft grenade launcher itself, and it all kind of needs to be done in conjunction with the custom fabricated parts so that they all line up with each other.

I have another thread on this forum which shows some interior shots of the conversion in progress which should allow you to see what I did to get it all to fit, but other than that and the front cap part, there's not a lot I can supply, sorry :(

Post subject: Re: Modified air soft pulse rifle fitted with grenade launch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:11 am 

dynofiend wrote:
Thanks very much for the kind words regards the rails and the conversion :)

I would love to offer the parts for a grenade conversion, but regretably there is only one 3d printed piece that I can replicate (the front cap). All the other parts were just fabricated by hand from aluminium stock, and I have no measurements or anything to help me replicate them. I'd also say that roughly 80% of the work involved is in modifying the spas cage interior and the airsoft grenade launcher itself, and it all kind of needs to be done in conjunction with the custom fabricated parts so that they all line up with each other.

I have another thread on this forum which shows some interior shots of the conversion in progress which should allow you to see what I did to get it all to fit, but other than that and the front cap part, there's not a lot I can supply, sorry :(

I understand, I’m interested in the cover peice, and that speedloader, if you can replicate that too!

I have an idea on the mounting (pic rail).