The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Snow Wolf spare parts?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:17 pm 

So is there anywhere I can get spare parts for the Snow Wolf M41A?

I've completely upgraded my gearbox, but I'm having fitting issues with the outer shell which are causing the BBs to fire out of the barrel at extreme offsets and not shoot straight.

Mostly I need a new outer barrel, the silver metal part that attaches the outer barrel to the gun, and the barrel shroud. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything, I am starting to think I might need to just buy a whole new gun and drop my upgraded barrel/hopup/gearbox into it and use that, but I've already spent as much as the gun originally cost on upgrading it so it feels like such a money sink.

I don't suppose anyone has any spares from extra guns they'd be willing to sell?

Let me know. also if you know anywhere with the gun currently in stock (EU) please also let me know as I can't find anywhere and might have to try get it special ordered.

thanks in advance,
para

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 pm 

Service Number: A02/TQ0.0.52138E2
Have you thought about trying a full length inner barrel? Any time I've run into the same issues with upgrades on my regular airsoft guns, ensuring full barrel length solved it.

Just a thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:36 am 

I have, I'd need a 380mm barrel, I just finished drilling the outer barrel on the inside down to where the inner barrel is and then buffed it, only to later find one of the 2 plastic supports that secure the hopup has snapped off so now I have feeding issues again. and this is a replacement one already because the exact same thing happened to the original. https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/ext ... height=685

http://impulse101.jp/en/thompson-m1a1-p ... s-set-4814 they're now out of stock though. anyone know where I can get another?

this gun will be the death of me I swear to god.

such a bad design. what I wouldn't give for an aftermarket CNC hopup chamber for this gun.

Edit: Any idea what barrels will be compatible?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ ... -marui-aeg

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ ... rui-recoil

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ ... outer380mm

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ ... sada-380mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:13 am 

found this replacement barrel shroud; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SD-Studios-A ... Swg3FUmLii

but it's missing the part on the bottom that would secure it to the plastic part of the gun so is kind of useless.

I found this inner barrel; https://www.blowbackshop.ch/produit/dyt ... m-for-aeg/ and bought that. should extend to the length of the outer barrel and looks like the hopup area will fit.

Post subject: Re: Snow Wolf spare parts?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 am 

Before you commit to the changes you are thinking of:

Inner barrel- The most length of inner barrel that the Pulse Rifle can support, without interfering with the ammo counter IR sensors, is about 330mm.

The most commonly available inner barrel is a 300mm.

If you were to change to a longer inner barrel, you would need to go to a 4/5 ported, or unported cylinder because the barrel to cylinder ratio wont support anything more than .25 BBs without a loss of Joules/energy. You will lose range.

Whatever you do, don’t go with a 6.01, you will have a tolerance of, at most, .07mm for the bbs to pass through, any dirt buildup, and you risk jamming.

Now that you drilled out the inner barrel, you will need to wrap the end of the outside of the inner barrel with teflon tape or thin electrical tape to keep the barrel stabilized.

Hop up - The plastic hop up works well, just as good as most high end upgrade hop ups that are offered on a M4, you just need to be careful to not overtighten the screws or the plastic arms will snap.

I have a friend that tried to adapt a P90 CnC’ed hop up to his Thompson, and he has had nothing put problems, but I have had the same hop up for 3 year of playong, and it still works fantastic; the downside is a yearly replacement of the hop up bucking if the gun is in continuous use.

Body/Alignment- Have you considered taking the gun to an airsoft store to have them work on it? The body kit is a little complicated, and if it isnt reassembled with a lot of patience, things can be misaligned, or can break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:49 am 

I decided to buy an entire new snow wolf. I've made a total mess of the outer shell, lower and upper receivers, etc. The gearbox is fully upgraded now from the cylinder to piston to gears to piston head - everything. I've also got the madbull tightbore barrel and maple leaf bucking set.

I finally figured out my feeding issue today however. I found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156t4Fr ... =emb_title

Talks about common feeding problems and goes through them all.

Turns out, the maple leaf bucking I had was protruding into the hopup chamber by about 1mm, causing all of the problems. I sanded it down and now it runs perfectly.

I'm just waiting to get a new gun so I can drop my barrel/nub/bucking and upgraded gearbox/motor in there.

I've taken this thing apart and put it back together a million times now I consider myself an expert on the V6 gearbox, i've literally spent almost a year fiddling with it.

Regarding getting the KA metal lower receiver as a replacement (which I can't find anywhere in stock now anyway), I found this: https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p21009/K ... Kit(Silver)/product_info.html

>Upper Receiver with front sight and Outer Barrel.
Zinc Alloy Construction.
Change the look of your entire AEG to New Silver Style.
Replace original Upper & Lower Receiver, Selector and Bolt Handle of M1A1.

Package included:
1 x Upper Receiver
1 x Lower Receiver
2 x Selectors(Firing Selector & Safety Selector )
1 x Bolt Handle
>

shipped it comes to the same price of the black lower receiver I was looking at. ignoring the fact that it's chrome silver, do we think this would be able to be swapped with the stock snow wolf parts? it looks like some bits might need a dremel to cut bits off, but I'm thinking about piston head / hopup / barrel alignment.

annoyingly though I already ordered a 380mm inner barrel and did not think about the ammo counter sensor when doing so.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:40 pm 

paradoxum wrote:
I decided to buy an entire new snow wolf. I've made a total mess of the outer shell, lower and upper receivers, etc. The gearbox is fully upgraded now from the cylinder to piston to gears to piston head - everything. I've also got the madbull tightbore barrel and maple leaf bucking set.

Turns out, the maple leaf bucking I had was protruding into the hopup chamber by about 1mm, causing all of the problems. I sanded it down and now it runs perfectly.

I'm just waiting to get a new gun so I can drop my barrel/nub/bucking and upgraded gearbox/motor in there.

I've taken this thing apart and put it back together a million times now I consider myself an expert on the V6 gearbox, i've literally spent almost a year fiddling with it.

Regarding getting the KA metal lower receiver as a replacement (which I can't find anywhere in stock now anyway), I found this: https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p21009/K ... Kit(Silver)/product_info.html

Zinc Alloy Construction.

Package included:
1 x Upper Receiver
1 x Lower Receiver
1 x Bolt Handle
>

shipped it comes to the same price of the black lower receiver I was looking at. ignoring the fact that it's chrome silver, do we think this would be able to be swapped with the stock snow wolf parts? it looks like some bits might need a dremel to cut bits off, but I'm thinking about piston head / hopup / barrel alignment.

annoyingly though I already ordered a 380mm inner barrel and did not think about the ammo counter sensor when doing so.

The Snow Wolf Thompson body kit that is used for its Pulse Rifle is aclone of the TM, except for the fact that the upper is metal, and is compatible with the King Arms and CYMA versions, with at worst only minor differences (I think the Snow Wolf mag catch stop on the lower of the Snow Wolf is molded into the receiver and the KA is a seperate part that is pressed in).

The silver kit is the same as the black kit, just plated “silver”, I dont see any real benefit to it, unless you want it to be that color.

As far as the 380mm barrel goes, not only will you be blocking the IR sensor for the ammo counter but unless you use ammo thats .25 grams or less, your joules will suffer; you will need to buy a cylinder that its porting is 4/5 back on the cylinder (the one in your gun is about 3/5 back), or a full cylinder. I really recommend against using anything more than a 300mm TBB for this set up.

The 300mm inner barrel lenth is the most appropriate (of the common) upgraded inner barrels, with the stock cylinder; it allows for a small amount of joule loss with heavier shot, which can be tuned with a slight increase in spring tension, and only slightly increasing strain on the gearbox, its components, and the energy from the electrical system to run the gearbox.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:29 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:

Zinc Alloy Construction.

Package included:
1 x Upper Receiver
1 x Lower Receiver
1 x Bolt Handle
>

The Snow Wolf Thompson body kit that is used for its Pulse Rifle is aclone of the TM, except for the fact that the upper is metal, and is compatible with the King Arms and CYMA versions, with at worst only minor differences (I think the Snow Wolf mag catch stop on the lower of the Snow Wolf is molded into the receiver and the KA is a seperate part that is pressed in).

The silver kit is the same as the black kit, just plated “silver”, I dont see any real benefit to it, unless you want it to be that color.

As far as the 380mm barrel goes, not only will you be blocking the IR sensor for the ammo counter but unless you use ammo thats .25 grams or less, your joules will suffer; you will need to buy a cylinder that its porting is 4/5 back on the cylinder (the one in your gun is about 3/5 back), or a full cylinder. I really recommend against using anything more than a 300mm TBB for this set up.

The 300mm inner barrel lenth is the most appropriate (of the common) upgraded inner barrels, with the stock cylinder; it allows for a small amount of joule loss with heavier shot, which can be tuned with a slight increase in spring tension, and only slightly increasing strain on the gearbox, its components, and the energy from the electrical system to run the gearbox.

Thanks.
I'm returning the 380mm barrel.

Is the black metal kit available in stock anywhere? I would rather that over the silver, but I didn't even know there was a black one.

Planning to get the metal receiver set, drop my upgraded gearbox into it, when I get the new pulse rifle take the hopup unit from that, put my nub in, barrel/bucking, and drop those into it, then screw the new shell over it. I'm only getting another because I've made a right mess of the outer shell on the one I have.

The cylinder I have in the gearbox is this one: https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgr ... ...-detail

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:05 pm 

paradoxum wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
Thanks.
I'm returning the 380mm barrel.

Is the black metal kit available in stock anywhere? I would rather that over the silver, but I didn't even know there was a black one.

Planning to get the metal receiver set, drop my upgraded gearbox into it, when I get the new pulse rifle take the hopup unit from that, put my nub in, barrel/bucking, and drop those into it, then screw the new shell over it. I'm only getting another because I've made a right mess of the outer shell on the one I have.

The cylinder I have in the gearbox is this one: https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgr ... ...-detail

Honestly, for a Pulse Rifle, I wouldn't mess with a metal lower,l; the shell is plastic, might as well stick with plastic for the lower too. The metal receiver makes more of a big deal for a Thompson than a PR because no one really used plastics on firearms in the early 20th century, there are tons of rifles made right now that are plastic bodied, it kinda keeps eith the “high tech-ness” of the PR to have the lower as plastic. Not to mention saving on the cost and effort of getting a metal lower. Not to mention it will add some additional weight to an already heavier AEG.

If you must have a metal lower, go to King Arms Facebook page, and contact its customer service via messenger; I just bought a real wood furniture kit for my M1A1 Thompson, an outer barrel, mag catch and some other spare parts for it.

You might as well get a proper black one, I think going with a silver plated model will be a disaster, and will look horrible on the gun.

As far as the cylinder, if it really is a 3/4 hole (looks like it), thats about what the stock cylinder is. Honeetly, nothing is really wrong with the stock cylinder, once a good cleaning and Brasso polishing, in and out wont fix, except port spacing for heavier bbs or longer barrels. Same with most of the moving gearbox guts. I just put a M120 spring in a bone stock V6, on my gaming Thompson, and a metal spring guide (the one in the gearbox was plastic), not even one with a bearing, and cranked over 1.8J until the spring settled, and it was right on at 1.49J. With .30’s, I could still hear the “thwack” of the bb’s hitting solid targets at over 150’ away.

I still need to get off my duff, and try an unported cylinder an see how it does in terms of Joule curve, ROF, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:55 pm 

I just did some testing with it today fully assembled; https://imgur.com/a/1f74kOC

It finally fires straight and perfect like when I bought it, only the gearbox and barrel are fully upgraded. I never have to take it apart again!

full parts list:

M41A Upgrades / Mods
- (M41A) Maple Leaf Hop Up Tensioner (Omega Nub) - £6.00
- (M41A) Maple Leaf Macaron Hop Rubber Bucking 60 Degrees (AEG) - £7.50
- (M41A) ASG INFINITY CNC Motor U-30000 (Short) - £54.99
- (M41A) Aluminium piston head with the bearing [Shooter] - £6.79
- (M41A) Light Reinforced Piston Metal Teeth [SHS] - £8.67
- (M41A) Laylax (Prometheus) - Air Nozzle - £15.78
- (M41A) SLD 13:1 Gears (CNC Bevel Version) - £18.50
- (M41A) Lonex Aluminium Cylinder Head for Version 6 - £11.00
- (M41A) Prometheus EG Spring Guide Tornado Shaft (Version 6 & 7) - £19.00
- (M41A) PDI AEG 100% (M95) Silicon Chrome Steel Spring Variable Pitch - £18.52
- (M41A) Guarder Steel Bushing for Version 6 Gearbox (P90/Thompson) - £13.50
- (M41A) STAINLESS CYLINDER WITH HOLE 3/4 (Shooter) - £16.93
- (M41A) Madbull 6.03 Tightbore Barrel 300mm Black Python II - £42.59

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:16 pm 

I have a new in box tan matrix pulse rifle for sale that I got in a mystery box. I was going to keep it for spare parts but decided to sell it

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:20 pm 

Strikah wrote:
I have a new in box tan matrix pulse rifle for sale that I got in a mystery box. I was going to keep it for spare parts but decided to sell it

About how much are you looking to part ways with it for? Send me an IM