The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Airsoft PR Shroud, UGL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:25 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
Hello everyone! Corona has got me more time at home, so I now have time to get to work on my PR again.

I have planned almost everything, but what remains is the shroud and UGL.

Shroud:
In an earlier post I made on this topic when I thought I was going to begin was regarding replacing the shroud or modifying the shroud;
I have decided on replacing, but I am having trouble deciding.
I recall that the HCG shrouds were either too wide or too narrow for the Matrix PR, but will work with some modification. Skeptical about using one of these.

Has anyone had any experience with Matsuo or other shrouds and the Matrix? I have seen posts where it works better, but my problem is locating one.
As a newbie, I predictably am having a hard time locating a shroud. eBay hasn't turned up any results, and Matsuo's website e-mail doesn't seem to be working. I would guess a WTB on the PX is a good idea, but I currently don't have access to that at the moment. I'm going to try a WTB on the RPF and PMing him there. I would appreciate any other sources!

As for the UGL:
Has anyone tried using one of the APS 870s in the UGL? As one that likes to interact with props and my goal of a hero PR, I'd like to have that feature of the shell ejecting and the racking bolt. I suppose it would work, but I'm curious as to if anyone has done it and how it worked out.

I appreciate it! :delta:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:41 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.52149E1
if its a real steel spas cage will fit no problem also the matrix spas cage with a bit of trimming and sanding an AP shot gun will fit fine i recomend getting an AOW model. Matsuo shrouds are nice but too weak the will snap on a functioning PR, he also has along list of people on the RPF due stuff. the HGC shrouds require machining to fit and make for a very heavy gun they are sold cast Aluminium.
I ma in the process of finishing of a fully gas powered PR and the there is a thread further down about fitting an APS.

Post subject: Re: Airsoft PR Shroud, UGL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:12 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
Ah, I see. Thanks for the APS information! I was indeed planning on the AOW. I appreciate the info about the shrouds as well! I'll have to compare pros and cons.

My main issue seems to be finding one. I'll do some digging, post a WTB on the RPF, etc.. If you have any tips, let me know! :)