The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Evike has some new pulse rifles on pre-order
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:00 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
https://www.evike.com/products/44657/
brown bess
https://www.evike.com/products/44658/
forest camo

Matrix snow wolfe Chinese mass produced units.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:10 am 
GarageGeek

i got mine off Evike on sale for $280, then realized that on the front page there was an extra 20% discount on top of that but i was too excited and forgot to put the code in. Id wager that when stock gets low theyll do the same deal again. Imagine if they did a version 2.0 of this with a few details fixed, Id shit myself with joy. Or imagine if they made licensed terry english airsoft armor. or an airsoft smartgun with harness...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:31 am 

seven wrote:
i got mine off Evike on sale for $280, then realized that on the front page there was an extra 20% discount on top of that but i was too excited and forgot to put the code in. Id wager that when stock gets low theyll do the same deal again. Imagine if they did a version 2.0 of this with a few details fixed, Id shit myself with joy. Or imagine if they made licensed terry english airsoft armor. or an airsoft smartgun with harness...

The m56 is a bit of a different critter. Everyone could email evike and try to build enough interest for them to invest in offering such a thing. The main problem is the mounting rig has to be metal, otherwise the rest could be plastic other than the trigger assembly as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:40 am 
GarageGeek

i think the smartgun would sell enough to make it worth creating, could definitely do a cheap upgradeable camera rig. something good enough for the unobsessed but secretly intended to be improved by real fans.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:19 am 

seven wrote:
i think the smartgun would sell enough to make it worth creating, could definitely do a cheap upgradeable camera rig. something good enough for the unobsessed but secretly intended to be improved by real fans.

I agree.

Then we ALL need to harass evike to get something out on the market...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:21 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
That camo is nasty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:02 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
Evike doesn't really make stuff, they just sell stuff. The PRs are made by Snow Wolf somewhere in the Pacific Rim. Evike gets them through special order I expect, but Snow Wolf (rebranded as Matrix) will sell them to whomever wants them.

For those that don't know the story:

The Snow Wolf is a copy of a kit made by G&P, which in turn is a copy of a custom kit made by Airsoft Surgeon back around 2008ish. AS designed their kit to drop onto a Marui Thompson (with some changes from screen accurate), G&P copied it, and Snow Wolf copied that onto the CYMA Thompson, which is a copy of the Marui.

As for the Smart Gun, best bet would be an M56 conversion kit. A complete package would cost too much to be within reach of Evike's customer base.

Post subject: Re: Evike has some new pulse rifles on pre-order
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 pm 
You tell me man, I only work here.

My G+P is from 2005..not sure about the surgeon being the originator of the kit.

They just offered highly tuned up existing items with some custom machined internal bits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:23 pm 
GarageGeek

We should do an aliens legacy kickstarter and have a bunch of resin kits made to upgrade an MG. We could draw on everyones talent, pay the people who work for their time and everyone who pays gets a kit. We could make it all totally open source. if someone wants to make more after its all been paid for then they are welcome to. I'd pay $150, maybe more. If we could calculate peoples time and materials. Anyone could remold them forever and anyone could always have access to affordable kits that would improve over time. If someone has the kawasaki parts, they ship em to the guy who can mold them for example. Sounds like a long-shot I know but it could work. nobody gets any special rights, we just throw these things everywhere and we all go smartgun crazy. (i realize this will never happen)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:26 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Erik_MAA wrote:
The Snow Wolf is a copy of a kit made by G&P, which in turn is a copy of a custom kit made by Airsoft Surgeon back around 2008ish.

Noble wrote:
My G+P is from 2005..not sure about the surgeon being the originator of the kit.

1st I've heard that one, it's an interesting thing if it's correct, but I'd have to agree with Noble. Do you have a source for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:03 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
I went back through the archives of the MAA forums to review my dates.

Boom Arms was the company I was thinking of, not Airsoft Surgeon. Looks like they started selling kits around 2003ish.

Saw my first G&P kit in person around 2006.

My information about the relationship between Airsoft companies comes from people I know in the industry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:03 pm 

seven wrote:
We should do an aliens legacy kickstarter and have a bunch of resin kits made to upgrade an MG. We could draw on everyones talent, pay the people who work for their time and everyone who pays gets a kit. We could make it all totally open source. if someone wants to make more after its all been paid for then they are welcome to. I'd pay $150, maybe more. If we could calculate peoples time and materials. Anyone could remold them forever and anyone could always have access to affordable kits that would improve over time. If someone has the kawasaki parts, they ship em to the guy who can mold them for example. Sounds like a long-shot I know but it could work. nobody gets any special rights, we just throw these things everywhere and we all go smartgun crazy. (i realize this will never happen)

The handle is the key part on the back. The trigger relay assembly is the other part. Those kind of have to be machined along with the steadicam mount.

Everything else could be 3-d printed or resin cast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:31 pm 

I don't want to make empty promises when my own project isn't even fully printed and finished, but the files I'm working on could be adapted to an airsoft MG42 with very little additional work. I'd just need access to that MG or at least some precise measurements to make that happen.
Muzzle brake, bike parts, counterweight and the parts to disguise the trigger grip - all that can be printed locally and there are no issues with shipping cast parts half way across the world.

From what I understand, all the available AEG versions still have a motor in the pistol grip, so we'll have to account for that in the design of the pistol grip cover.

Steadicam mount, the front grip tubing and the rear grip tube will have to be made out of metal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:38 am 

M1861 wrote:
I don't want to make empty promises when my own project isn't even fully printed and finished, but the files I'm working on could be adapted to an airsoft MG42 with very little additional work. I'd just need access to that MG or at least some precise measurements to make that happen.
Muzzle brake, bike parts, counterweight and the parts to disguise the trigger grip - all that can be printed locally and there are no issues with shipping cast parts half way across the world.

From what I understand, all the available AEG versions still have a motor in the pistol grip, so we'll have to account for that in the design of the pistol grip cover.

Steadicam mount, the front grip tubing and the rear grip tube will have to be made out of metal.

I will get some more videos of the inner workings. The mounting bracket HAS to be metal to the steady cam vest. The trigger assembly has to have a certain amount of metal. 3-d printing is taking off by leaps and bounds so it is possible to print metal. The trick is to relocate the firing trigger to behind the actual trigger. This is more of a cosmetic mod than anything. But the iconic pieces are metal modifications.

The kicker on motorcycle parts is that parts are no longer available or made after 5 years from date of manufacture typically.

The trigger on mine broke and I had to locally source one and mill down the mounting point and I will have to follow up and hack off the excessive length.

The switch assembly is a resin cast kit. I will look at sourcing some actual parts for that piece so that I can wire in safety and power on ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:15 am 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Attachment:
09494249-BEF5-4077-B89E-03804EB7F5F4.png
09494249-BEF5-4077-B89E-03804EB7F5F4.png [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 3758 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 am 

Or, you could contact Dymerski Weapons Labs, and see if he could do a production run of the Smartgun he made. He’s also done his own Pulse Rifles, including a gas powered model, the wristwatches that were used in the movie, and I believe the armor.

The guy does commissioned work and his stuff looks good and works.

Its going to be a lot more than $150 a unit though, I am guessing closer to $1,000.00, unless a run of a whole buttload is made.

Now, a kit for the Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle, to add a grenade launcher, I that would cost much less, and be very interesting; this is something that I could easily draw up a Request for Proposal and a Statement of Work for.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 pm 

Whamhammer wrote:
Or, you could contact Dymerski Weapons Labs, and see if he could do a production run of the Smartgun he made. He’s also done his own Pulse Rifles, including a gas powered model, the wristwatches that were used in the movie, and I believe the armor.

The guy does commissioned work and his stuff looks good and works.

Its going to be a lot more than $150 a unit though, I am guessing closer to $1,000.00, unless a run of a whole buttload is made.

Now, a kit for the Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle, to add a grenade launcher, I that would cost much less, and be very interesting; this is something that I could easily draw up a Request for Proposal and a Statement of Work for.

I think a functional grenade launcher mod for the evike snow wolf rifles would be a good seller and evike might be willing to offer the kits if enough of them sell...