The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: What Thompson Airsoft
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 am 

Is the cyma Thompson decent to start a Pulse rifle build? I don't need it to function as an airsoft. Any recommendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
Yes the cyma is a good thompson. Its a clone of the TM thompson im lead to believe. I own one and im very happy with it for the price. The snow wolf/matrix thompson is worthy too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:03 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Pretty sure the King Arms thompson and CYMA are the same gun (one branding is an offshoot of the other. forget which is the parent company).
I dare say the Matrix/snow wolf thompson also use the same gun. I have taken apart all 3 over the years and I can't tell a difference. All parts appeared identical and interchangeable among them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:03 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
Both CYMA and King Arms are Marui clones. You will see better build quality with the King Arms.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:10 am 

Erik_MAA wrote:
Both CYMA and King Arms are Marui clones. You will see better build quality with the King Arms.

Good call. Only 50 bucks more. And much nicer looking in the pics anyway...

Post subject: Re: What Thompson Airsoft
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 am 

Don’ Sleep on the Snow Wolf Thompson either, thats what comes inside the Matrix Pulse Rifle. My Pulse Rifle originally chronoed 394 FPS when I got it.

Also, for $360.00 (and whatever sale discounts) the Matrix Pulse Rifle will get you an already built, great replica of the Pulse Rifle, Snow Wolf does a good job with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 pm 

Whamhammer wrote:
Don’ Sleep on the Snow Wolf Thompson either, thats what comes inside the Matrix Pulse Rifle. My Pulse Rifle originally chronoed 394 FPS when I got it.

Also, for $360.00 (and whatever sale discounts) the Matrix Pulse Rifle will get you an already built, great replica of the Pulse Rifle, Snow Wolf does a good job with them.

I'm wondering about getting one. It doesn't look like it would be hard to use some SD studios parts to upgrade one. I'm having trouble finding a body shroud. I don't know if I should consider printing one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:36 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
I have two of them. I am upgrading them with new barrel vents and some other features.

There are some inaccuracies with the shroud and the barrel vent, but they still look the part.

If you want a PR with some functional details, the Snow Wolf/Matrix is a great option.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:42 pm 

Glenzee wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:

I'm wondering about getting one. It doesn't look like it would be hard to use some SD studios parts to upgrade one. I'm having trouble finding a body shroud. I don't know if I should consider printing one.

Think about it this way:

-New Thompson AEG ~$150.00
- SD Barrel Vent and Stock ~$90.00
- Tokyo Arms Ammo counter with IR sensor ~70.00
-Magazine cover and grenade launcher pump ~ $18.00

Even if you can print a shroud , launcher body you still need an outer barrel, barrel spacer, and to rig up things. The Matrix/Snow Wolf is a good deal, and even better is you get a code to bring the price down.

I only wished I couldve got one with the left side not put on so I could upgrade the hop up, inner barrel and bucking easier.

Occasionally, one goes on sale in the Boneyard for what ever reason, I got a second one through the Boneyard for $150.00, and the only problem was a few bolts put on wrong, and I think it w as the person that returned it that did it.

Last edited by Whamhammer on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:49 pm 

Erik_MAA wrote:
I have two of them. I am upgrading them with new barrel vents and some other features.

There are some inaccuracies with the shroud and the barrel vent, but they still look the part.

If you want a PR with some functional details, the Snow Wolf/Matrix is a great option.

I need to get my hand on one more Boneyard one, so I can make a 7.62x51 magazine accepting, long barreled DMR body with a 469mm Miracle Barrel inner barrel, just before it gets to the IR sensor for the ammo counter; essentially a 100mm longer outer barrel.

Give up the grendade launcher for a stowed BiPod, and PEQ unit inside that area.

They had to have had a DMR to complement squads that would be fighting in a little bit more open areas and countersnipers.

Last edited by Whamhammer on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:01 am 

bigbisont wrote:
Pretty sure the King Arms thompson and CYMA are the same gun (one branding is an offshoot of the other. forget which is the parent company).
I dare say the Matrix/snow wolf thompson also use the same gun. I have taken apart all 3 over the years and I can't tell a difference. All parts appeared identical and interchangeable among them.

My Snow Wolf used a harder red piston & head (over CYMA white) , and black cylinder head and nozzle (vs CYMAs white). My Snow Wolf seemed to have a better seal than the CYMA, and there was a 20-ish FOS difference.