The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: HK 416
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:35 pm 

So I was really looking into the the avalon but my friend kind of got me leaning towards the hk 416, I do like the look of the 416 a bit better. Douse anyone have a 416, what are your thoughts?

Post subject: Re: HK 416
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:54 am 

PaulSchoon wrote:
So I was really looking into the the avalon but my friend kind of got me leaning towards the hk 416, I do like the look of the 416 a bit better. Douse anyone have a 416, what are your thoughts?

The airsoft HK 416 is pretty much a M4 of a different flavor; most people wouldn’t be able to pick it out as something different, side by side to an M4. Everything you can do to a M4, you can do to a 416.

Not a whole lot of availability including he US airsoft market, as Umarex/Elite Force/VFC have the license for HK.

Weird thing is that I looked at a bunch of the bigger online stores, and I didn’t see any in stock, I don’t know if a new generation of the replicas are coming out soon or what is going on for supply.

Post subject: Re: HK 416
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:11 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
PaulSchoon wrote:

The airsoft HK 416 is pretty much a M4 of a different flavor; most people wouldn’t be able to pick it out as something different, side by side to an M4. Everything you can do to a M4, you can do to a 416.

Not a whole lot of availability including he US airsoft market, as Umarex/Elite Force/VFC have the license for HK.

Weird thing is that I looked at a bunch of the bigger online stores, and I didn’t see any in stock, I don’t know if a new generation of the replicas are coming out soon or what is going on for supply.

Looks like VFC is about to deliver of a limited run of 416s and 417s now and some around November.

Get ‘em while they’re hot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:10 am 

I've got a buddy who has the VFC 416 and he loves it. Feels like it's ruined all his other RIFs lol. I run an Avalon Sabre SD and love mine but the Evo still beats it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 pm 

Corp_Hicks wrote:
I've got a buddy who has the VFC 416 and he loves it. Feels like it's ruined all his other RIFs lol. I run an Avalon Sabre SD and love mine but the Evo still beats it.

VFC makes some good stuff, never had one, myself but alot of friends do (that and Krytac). It really depends on the type of RIF the replica is imitating, different manufacture make thier niche type
RIF.

Most of the time, one gets what one pays for, although there are a few that are certainly champagne quality on a beer budget.

I’ve had some good luck with CYMA/Cybergun (Thompsons) and G&G (M-4).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am 

I've got Krytac's Kriss, but again, it just doesn't compare to the Evo. Unfortunately you pay an extra £100 for the brand name with them. They're still good RIFs, but they're not £400 RIFs.

G&G are great for their price, though.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:43 pm 

Corp_Hicks wrote:
I've got Krytac's Kriss, but again, it just doesn't compare to the Evo. Unfortunately you pay an extra £100 for the brand name with them. They're still good RIFs, but they're not £400 RIFs.

G&G are great for their price, though.

I have a friend who has a G&G Predator model, and that RIF is just as good, if not better than M4 replicas costing $200 more than it. The new G2 gearboxes are really fantastic.

My problem with Krytac is they use so much proprietary parts for the internals that working on them sucks.

VFC uses standard internals but unless they make something that someone else doesn’t (HKs like the 416 & 417) there’s nothing about its product that makes me want to pay the premium price for them, over a good G&G or other decent competitor. It’s not that I dislike them, I still recommend them over a Krytac, I just am not seeing the value proposition.

I am also really confused on why VFC has recently has supply issues on the HK 416&417 models to all the distributors, and the split production runs that they are talking about, it seems like they are trying to keep production lower than the demand (at least for the US market), its seeming more like a controlled scarcity issue. Can’t say if there is a contractual issue between them and HK on yearly production or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 pm 

Walked in to my airsoft store yesterday, and they just recieved four VFC HK416 MK5s, $450.00 a peice but in the flesh, or metal at least.

Didn’t like that they had the old M16 like pistol grip instead of the three finger contoured ones that I have seen in the past but otherwise they looked pretty decent.

I was surprised to not see any 417s