The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Milsim Gear
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm 

I'm new here, what kind of gear do people usually take to milsims? And is there a way that I can take gear that makes me look unique while still staying with the vibe?

Post subject: Re: Milsim Gear
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:17 am 

APOModern wrote:
I'm new here, what kind of gear do people usually take to milsims? And is there a way that I can take gear that makes me look unique while still staying with the vibe?

Most Milsimmers that I know run plate carriers and Multicam, or other up to date camo patterns (typically).

To be different, I believe that Milsim West and American Milsim (the two biggest) still allow Alice LBE, even for NATO impressions; that (while still wearing approved camo specs) would stand out but wouldn’t encumber your ability to keep up with the other guys, Alice is even better to use while prone.

The best thing is that you can find decent, used, Alice items for a song. Get 4 M16 pouches, two canteens and pouches, and throw in a butt-pack, maybe a slung 2 quart water bladder,and you’re good to go (you’ll even be able to carry up to eight M67 style grenades with this kit.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:46 pm 

APOModern wrote:

That always depends on the mission. I can respond in general and, for more specific information, I'm sure there's a thread on some forum dedicated to milsim gear.
Usually you will wear a uniform from your team / factions of colors. So if we take the Russian Forces as an example, you will probably use something like EMR or Flecktarn and will carry an AK. You will want to have a backpack with hydration, be it a hydration bladder, or extra water, you MUST have water. So, of course, you need your primary, secondary weapon. Possibly backups for both. Ammo, magazines, propellant (batteries, gas, CO2, HPA tank, whatever your gun needs), you will need cleaning tools in case something breaks. An exchange of socks and underwear because you'll be happy to have them. And camping supplies if you're going for a milsim at night.
To be unique there are two options I can think of. Go older with your gear. Or get guys together and make a squad and go for a camo pattern other than multicam.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:03 pm 

Anything RUSFOR is good in my book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:47 pm 

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:52 pm 

sam your wrote:
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

???

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 pm 

How important is it that I replicate the primary gun perfectly? Does my M4/AK have to look like what's in service or is it a general thing? I'm hoping my VFC Avalon is still acceptable for most events for the US/Nato team

https://modernairsoft.com/collections/vfc-avalon-vr16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:39 am 

i would usually go a with a big bad IRONCLAD sort of thing, but cheap version. and would usually have a glock17 and an avalon but it really just depends on the event, like CQB, special mission, single day, that type of stuff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:29 pm 

APOModern wrote:
How important is it that I replicate the primary gun perfectly? Does my M4/AK have to look like what's in service or is it a general thing? I'm hoping my VFC Avalon is still acceptable for most events for the US/Nato team

https://modernairsoft.com/collections/vfc-avalon-vr16

When you are asking about going Milsim, are you planning on going to a highly organized “op”, even, like Milsim West, or American Milsim, or games pickup games at local fields?

Milsim West “ops” are most stringent, and usually have instructions on what to bring and what gear/uniform schemes/replicas are allowed, and are usually posted befor the ops. Typically it’s more the uniform pattern and types of replicas that’s scrutinized:

-Modern period (60’s and up) Pretty much any M16/M4, AK, or NATO/Warsaw Pact issued weapons are allowed.
-If its a WWII op, time period(like) replicas are allowed.

Your VFC Avalon will be just fine, just don’t paint it hot pink or anything.

I know Milsim West won’t let our Pulse Rifles in thier ops as it is a “snowflake” gun , even though there are real steel Pulse Rifles made from Thompson’s and Remington 870s. I thought no they are just afraid of my PRs awesomeness :)