The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Adding a WORKING shotgun to a Snow Wolf/Matrix PR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:24 pm 

I know it can be done. I've seen it done here. The issue is, the ONLY build I've seen (stimpy) to pull this off was done with a PPS M870 and I can't find one ANYWHERE! Are there any other self-ejecting models that will work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:55 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
Hi mate, have a look on gunfire.pl thats there i got my pps m870! There is also the more expensive aps m870 too. I will be updating my thread (thanks to photobucket) with pictures over this weekend so if you need some help with your biuld come back an have a look!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:40 am 

stimpy wrote:
Hi mate, have a look on gunfire.pl thats there i got my pps m870! There is also the more expensive aps m870 too. I will be updating my thread (thanks to photobucket) with pictures over this weekend so if you need some help with your biuld come back an have a look!

Thanks, Stimpy!

I'll check out the APS. Gunfire still has the PPS but they want 250 euro for it. Add shipping to the US and that's a little steep since when it's in stock here it was around 200 dollars.

I look forward to the pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
I used the APS in my build. I was very happy with how it turned out.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15035&hilit=Hero+pulse+cage

I think it goes without saying that you will need to incorporate a real SPAS cage to make it work though. The stock snow wolf cage's plastic is too thick to squeeze most functional shotguns in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
I used the plastic snow wolf grenade launcher cage and to my suprise its the perfect size to house a functioning pps m870! It needed gutting and alot of cutting, filling and modding to get it more accurate but it fits.
I would love to upgrade to a spas cage one day thats a sensible price but their quite hard to come by now. Not seen any for sale for some time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:56 pm 

I found one supplier that still has a PPS M870 at a decent price. I've emailed them to see if they have the orange tips so it doesn't get stuck in customs. Hopefully they can accommodate.

I've only been looking for a few weeks, but in that time I have found exactly one SPAS cage and the guy wants $700 for it. Needless to say I'll keep looking. But that's for the eventual real steel build, not the airsoft.

Post subject: Re: Adding a WORKING shotgun to a Snow Wolf/Matrix PR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 pm 
Got a big ass gun and a can-do attitude

I fitted an aps to mine, works really well but i couldn't get it into the plastic snow wolf cage even after quite a bit of work with the dremel so slotted it into a real spas cage, which houses it perfectly after chopping the mag tube and barrel down a tad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:35 pm 

Well my PPS just got cancelled. Pretty sure that was the last one on the web. Looks like an APS is in my future since I'd have to pay that much for a PPS on eBay anyway. :(

Post subject: Re: Adding a WORKING shotgun to a Snow Wolf/Matrix PR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm 
Got a big ass gun and a can-do attitude

Bit of a pain but I used an APS and it's worth the time and effort for the conversion.