The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: New Marine, decent question!
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:27 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92149E2
Greetings fellow Marines Airsofters! I got a good question for someone. Im looking into buyin a armor set off of Spatcave...and the website claims its durable enough to withstand 6mm rounds. And I was wondering. Should I risk the Spat armor or modify a airsoft body armor vest to "resemble" M3 armor?

Ps.

I plan on getting the Matrix Aliens M41a Pulse Rifle and a sawed off CYMA M870 CQB (for hicks).

Post subject: Re: New Marine, decent question!
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 pm 
Dirty Bird

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.82154E1
well for the money side if you don't mind ruining the armor then get the Spat set it will be spot on but I would say reinforce it with some fiberglass atleast. btu you wull have to paint it a lot over its life. now to make your own would be cheaper and less of a wait to get your hands on. just my input. the custom made you will be able to move better but wont look as spot on.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:49 pm 

cosmo_kraemer wrote:
well for the money side if you don't mind ruining the armor then get the Spat set it will be spot on but I would einforce it with some fiberglass atleast. btu you wull have to paint it a lot over its life. now to make your own would be cheaper and less of a wait to get your hands on. just my input. the custom made you will be able to move better but wont look as spot on.

Im pretty good at making stuff. Ive been looking around for vests that appear to have the same shape. I figure have my Spat armor for conventions and events and use my airsoft version for games. Im planning on using Multicam for now under the armor. Thanks for your input soldier!.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:03 pm 
Dirty Bird

NP. as a avid Player and Con Goer I figured I would put in my .02 but yeah that would be the best bet so you don't waste money breaking it.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:34 pm 

cosmo_kraemer wrote:
NP. as a avid Player and Con Goer I figured I would put in my .02 but yeah that would be the best bet so u don't waste money breaking it.

Now here's the big question. Which do I work on first? I can easily get a set of recon or medium armor off Spat. And there are dozens of paintball and airsoft vests to choose from to modify. Id more than likely go airsofting first then be ready for a event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:25 pm 
Dirty Bird

not sure what you meant by that. Spat has a waiting list and builds the sets in order

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:41 pm 

cosmo_kraemer wrote:
not sure what you meant by that. Spat has a waiting list and builds the sets in order

If Spat has a waiting list, then ill work on my airsoft armor instead for the time being.