The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Bunny Workshop M41A Pulse Rifle - GBBR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:30 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
A friend of mine just told me about a supposedly new gas blowback airsoft Pulse Rifle coming out soon by Bunny Workshop. No real written info but he did send me some pictures he found.

I'm not up to snuff of my airsoft knowledge but I know a bit about the pulse rifle to shudder at the glaring differences seen here. Not really on my radar but figured I'd share just the same.

http://www.bunnyworkshop.com.hk/airsoft/

Attachment:
Bunny Workshop Airsoft M41A 1.jpg
Bunny Workshop Airsoft M41A 1.jpg [ 97.77 KiB | Viewed 4993 times ]

Attachment:
Bunny Workshop Airsoft M41A 2.jpg
Bunny Workshop Airsoft M41A 2.jpg [ 45.84 KiB | Viewed 4993 times ]

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
It looks like a straight repainted Evike/snow wolf rifle.
I guess they added a blowback bolt. Maybe the modified mag base and GL are just incomplete?

The paint job is interesting, but either way that is straight up snow wolf stock, shroud, barrel, grip, etc. I wish a company really would do a 'new' pulse rifle and fix all those bits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:03 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
It's more than just a repainted Snow Wolf - It's a GAS blowback, not Electric.

That photo is very weird though... Being as it's got a full uncut SPAS grip on it, as well as the lonh Thompson mag sticking out.
My first assumption would be that they're taking Snow Wolf Pulse Rifles, and swapping out the CYMA AEG Thompson for the GBB version - Which would explain the long mag, as that'll be all that's currently available for the GBB. Doesn't explain the grip though, as any Pr or PR body kit you get will have the proper grip... you;'d only end up with that huge one if you were cutting down a full SPAS.

Weird...

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 pm 

Scapey wrote:
It's more than just a repainted Snow Wolf - It's a GAS blowback, not Electric.

That photo is very weird though... Being as it's got a full uncut SPAS grip on it, as well as the lonh Thompson mag sticking out.
My first assumption would be that they're taking Snow Wolf Pulse Rifles, and swapping out the CYMA AEG Thompson for the GBB version - Which would explain the long mag, as that'll be all that's currently available for the GBB. Doesn't explain the grip though, as any Pr or PR body kit you get will have the proper grip... you;'d only end up with that huge one if you were cutting down a full SPAS.

Weird...

That is odd, does look like they stuck a WE GBBR into it like you said, there is a short mag for the GBB though (I have one in mine). The SPAS cage and sleeve are a very strange choice on it for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:09 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Personally, I think it's fuggly.

The uncut SPAS grip is to accommodate the mods required to house a 40mm gas grenade launcher (I think).
One of these - Madbull Spike Tactical HAVOC BB Launcher [http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Launchers_Related_Parts_Madbull_MADBULL_Spike_Tactical_HAVOC_BB_launcher_9inch.htm

Attachment:
72554812_2822879934410696_5511796543876759552_o.jpg
72554812_2822879934410696_5511796543876759552_o.jpg [ 162.64 KiB | Viewed 4963 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:28 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Oh my.
All the inaccuracies of the snow wolf parts PLUS the inaccuracies of custom "improvements". Whoooweeee... not my cup of tea.
What is the point in the upgraded more accurate blowback if everything else is so wild?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:52 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Yup, 100% agree.
*sad panda*

Post subject: Re: Bunny Workshop M41A Pulse Rifle - GBBR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:44 am 

There is also a philips head screw on the magwell the is unexplainable, and the “U” clamp that attached to the back of the lower receiver and the shroud is oversized, compared to the Snow Wolf.

It looks like a rookie attempt to do too much that isn’t necessary, instead of keeping things simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:11 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
Oh dear. That’s all kinds of wrong. It’s a shame that even after more than 30 years no one has been able to mass produce an accurate replica (the HCG version was pretty close mind you).

Harry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
The GBB WE Thompson was interesting for me, but they really ucked up the design of the bolt and ejection port. If they had built it in a realistic way, I'd have one for sure.

Reviews of the GBB Thompson have not been overwhelmingly positive, so it's just as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

septic wrote:
Personally, I think it's fuggly.

The uncut SPAS grip is to accommodate the mods required to house a 40mm gas grenade launcher (I think).
One of these - Madbull Spike Tactical HAVOC BB Launcher [http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Launchers_Related_Parts_Madbull_MADBULL_Spike_Tactical_HAVOC_BB_launcher_9inch.htm

Attachment:
72554812_2822879934410696_5511796543876759552_o.jpg

That makes sense in an "Ewwww" kinda way! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:15 am 

Harry Harris wrote:
Oh dear. That’s all kinds of wrong. It’s a shame that even after more than 30 years no one has been able to mass produce an accurate replica (the HCG version was pretty close mind you).

Harry

To be honest, the only real complaint I have for the Snow Wolf (aside from being a PITA to take a part and reassemble), is that the didnt bother to out a shotgun type weapon where the grenade launcher should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:08 am 

I'm disappointed WE never did anything themselves. They did have a Pulse Rifle hung up on one of their display walls but nada... Certainly interested to see how much it retails for despite the issues.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:44 am 

Whamhammer wrote:
Harry Harris wrote:

Harry

To be honest, the only real complaint I have for the Snow Wolf (aside from being a PITA to take a part and reassemble), is that the didnt bother to out a shotgun type weapon where the grenade launcher should be.

IIRC, they needed the space for the battery...

Moderators, I know that I did not make the portion of my post that was following “IIRC....”, can someone check as to how that was put on, and show that I did it? Thats just not right!

I know that its the spot where the battery was, and my resolutio to the issue was a PEQ battery box.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:47 am 

Corp_Hicks wrote:
I'm disappointed WE never did anything themselves. They did have a Pulse Rifle hung up on one of their display walls but nada... Certainly interested to see how much it retails for despite the issues.

It wouldnt have been an effective skirmishing airsoft gun because it would have had less than 30 shots if it went with a 20 round replica mag like the Snow Wolf does, if they wanted to keep the appearance more correct.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:01 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Whamhammer wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:
Harry Harris wrote:

Harry

Moderators, I know that I did not make the portion of my post that was following “IIRC....”, can someone check as to how that was put on, and show that I did it? Thats just not right!

I know that its the spot where the battery was, and my resolutio to the issue was a PEQ battery box.

That was my reply, no idea how it got appended to your post!!
Fixede now.

*Clears throat*