The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Another SnowWolf Build
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:52 am 

Hey there, everyone! First time poster, been lurking for a while. I've always wanted to get myself a Pulse Rifle and I ended up getting a Snow Wolf. As everyone knows, a lot has to be done to it in order to make it as accurate as possible; but here are some of the things that I will be doing:

1: full blue/repaint/tint. I'm not 100% sure the bluing will be possible, but if not a repaint will happen for sure. I have some Brown Bess from another Aliens project coming in, I will probably use that for the shroud, and figure out the Bluing once I get to it. I'd also like to get smoked acrylic as a tint on my counter.

2: Add on a new 10 vent shroud and stock. Sure, the ones that come with it are fine. But I love the look of the 10 vent shroud from Matsuo so, if it can fit, I would love it to. From my understanding at the very least I will need to lathe down the barrel by about 1/8".

3: Add in a shotgun mod and a metal SPAS cage. Honestly, I have no idea where I'll get the SPAS Cage, I have heard a guy on here sells them, however. I have also heard that he's posted the sale in a forum I don't have access to yet.

4: Bondo together. This is to hide any gaps made by my upgrades.

5: Sling and correct magazine. I know Noble makes a sling and an upgrade for the magazine and mag housing that hooks them together, and they are also up on a few other websites. I may need to talk to him about them.

6: Put in a Pulse Rifle Grenade instead of the shotgun shell: Luckily I have a couple I got on eBay I plan on using for this.

7: Electronics. I would love to gut the Airsoft parts and put in electronics; but it looks like I was about six years too late on this, and now I have no clue where I can possibly get the parts. Majenko Technologies has indicated at some point in the future they will go ahead and release a new sound version; however any other leads on sound availability for both the Rifle and the GL?

There's a lot to do and Some of it (see: LATHING) that, since I don't have a lathe, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to pull off yet. But I am excited to start this project. I've already taken off the orange tips using a dremel. I know there is a gentler way of doing this, and I did chewed up my front ends slightly but it's what I had on hand at the moment. And again, since I will at the very least be doing a repaint or bluing, I'm not too worried about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:54 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Oorah Marine!

Please post up in the Intro thread here - http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5853

Also, you might wanna PM Noble directly asap as I think his sling run is going to close [foooorevaaaa] soon ...

G/luck with your build :)

Post subject: Re: Another SnowWolf Build
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:15 pm 

Awesome! Have fun with this. I just completed my snow wolf repaint/grenade replacement. I wasn't as ambitious as you are, but even a little bit goes a long way to improving the look of this thing.

I considered upgrading to a 10-vent but was scared off by the lathing required.

Fun fact: I think I used the same type of hex key to disassemble mine as you have in your pic there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm 
Got a big ass gun and a can-do attitude

Have fun with this one, I'm on the same journey. My 10 holes on its way. I've already completed the SPAS/APS forced joining So now I have a working 3 round airsoft shotgun inside a real cage and original working pump. As soon as the 10 hole arrives I get to put all the components together, cant wait!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 am 

Welcome to the community, just like you I am also a newbie! I hope you have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:48 pm 
GarageGeek

I'm in the same boat right now, got the snowwolf version and some armor pieces, I'll be following this thread and contributing where I can. The skills and tools I've acquired in just a few months is just as fun in itself as the actual props. As well as all the people I've met along the way. Keep going and in my experience, if I have no idea what I'm doing... just wing it and fix it later haha