The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Defeating Orange Caps On Matrix Pulse Rifle
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:43 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.42132E1 S
So got ambitious last night and with a dremel drill, drill bits, small bur stick (like a drill bit but cutting edge is only on tip) and patience I was able to defeat the orange caps and return the pulse rifle to duty ready condition. The upper barrel required standard drill bits. I started small and progressed in size until the metal pins were 95% gone then removed the orange cap with pliers. I basically drilled the two upper barrel pins out. The upper barrel cap was not glued on (only metal pins). Used file to remove sharp edges from pins on upper barrel then moved on to the lower shotgun barrel. This was a bit more of a challenge. The orange cap in this case is glued on but it is a plastic orange cap glued on metal barrel. Used dremel and bur tool to etch away at the cap cutting deep groves into four corners (equal distance apart & be careful not to cut too deep) and used a screw drive to separate. Results are amazing. As can be expected, I do have a couple of small nicks I could touch up at the drill/cutting points; however, they are so minor I may just let them go. It adds character. Bottom line I'm pleased with the results and glad to be rid of the orange tips.

WARNING: Try at your own risk. My notes above are based on my personal experience. I had the right skills, tools, time and patience to do this but there were a couple of times I asked myself, "what the hell are you doing?" I thought about painting the barrel tips (which is probably the right thing to do) but like I said, I was up for a challenge. BTW, I love this gun.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b41 ... 2wew4y.jpg

Post subject: Re: Defeating Orange Caps On Matrix Pulse Rifle
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:33 am 
Veni, vidi, bibi cerevisia

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.52130E1
Glad you were able to remove them and thanks for sharing your removal tips!

It's obvious my Matrix PR is an earlier edition than yours; both of the orange tips were just glued on and fairly easily removed; seems the manufacturers are getting a bit more aggressive about making removal more difficult. One difference I noticed with my version is that the serial number & 'Made In China' stamp is on the Thompson receiver just in front of the bolt and all of the images of other Matrix PRs I've seen the 'Made In China' and usually the S/N stamp is on the forward trapezoidal shroud clamp. My shrouds were clearly marked Snow Wolf on the interior and the shipping box was marked Matrix Pulse Rifle; I wonder how many airsoft PR variants are out there now...

-scoff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:53 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.42132E1 S
Scoff, thanks for comments. I purchased mine earlier this year from evike. It didn't come with battery or charger like your snow wolf. Box had white styrofoam packing and no markings at all. Owners manual is only a couple of pages with no breakdown illustrations. Not sure how many variations but we can say two for sure. Orange tips were a challenge. Stlrammer