The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Need M870 disassembly help!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 pm 
Hi there!

I started taking apart my Maruzen M870 today, following these instructions:

p220.ezboard.com/fthealie...D=75.topic

Now, I'm at step 4, and I'm stuck. I was able to remove three of the four allen screws, but the last one is stuck.

Now, actually, on my M870 there are cross-head/phillips screws instead of allen screws (probably replaced by the
previous owner).

Well, you see, the front screws are screwed into some kind of pin that goes through the receiver. Now, that pin "moves" with the final screw, making it impossible to take it out. When I first tried to take that screw out, the result was the screw on the other side ("screw 2") coming out, since the pin moved with the stuck screw and therefore loosened the other side screw...

Now, how would I stop that pin from rotating with the screw? No sense using the other screw to hold it in place, since the direction to take out the last screw will ultimately result in the pin moving, thus causing screw 2 to come out...

Is there a way to get that pin out with the screw? Is this the "pin" they're talking about in the tutorial and I can get it out somehow or is that something else?
Any ideas? I could try blocking the pin with something, but I'm afraid it'll destroy it, and it would prohibit to ever get screw 2 in again...

Hope you get what I mean. I could try to make some pics, but I only have MS Paint at the moment...
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Xhiwar

Post subject: Re: Need M870 disassembly help!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:52 pm 
Ahah.

Nevermind, got it out. Previous owner must've used a pound or two of super glue, and now I got that pin out. No idea why he put phillips screws into the pin though...

Thanks

Xhiwar

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:25 pm 
More trouble:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/useless99/Body.jpg[/img]

How do I remove the receiver? That metal thingy blocks it's path, so I can't slide it out... is that also the previous owner's work or am I just not getting it?

Thanks

Xhiwar

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:48 pm 
Once you've removed the central pin and the 2 screws at the back of the receiver, the trigger mechanism (including the shell carrier) should just lift out. The receiver housing will then slide off the back. The trigger mechanism can be a little awkward to get back in i found, you have to position it just right and it will just drop into place.

Hope that helps

Darren

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:56 pm 
Hey there friendlyskies!

Thanks, I tried moving the trigger mechanism around, and then it came out a little, so I somehow managed to get it out, although I wasn't sure if that was right. In that disassembly tutorial you can just slide the body off.

Well, I figured that it's gonna be a pain to get the trigger mechanism back in, but I'll get to that later. For now, I need something to polish my ejector port. :-)

Thanks a lot!

Xhiwar