The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: MiM/G&P/TM Pulse Rifle built and web pages finished!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:36 pm 
I'm a complete novice at this, so may post on here for more advice. :)

Got the electric airsoft M1A1 and the Monsters In Motion PR kit this week and started building it today.

The instructions on the kit CD aren't that great, so I thought I'd put the whole process on my web site:

www.medwaypvb.com/pulse1.html

Reading through this forum I spotted a few other sites with build tutorials, but most of them have tiny/poor quality images, similar to the CD.

So mine come in two sizes; normal screen and supersize. 8)

The first page of the build has a broken up table, as I've got to buy a hex key tomorrow to get the outer barrel off, so will split the existing table over two pages when I get the bare barrel shots. :)

I'll post updates/questions here as I go on. :D
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=medwaypvb>MedwayPVB[/url] at: 5/18/07 1:41 pm

Post subject: Re: I'm building an MiM/TM Pulse Rifle
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:53 pm 
If you're looking for a tutorial on dissasembling the Marui M1A1, visit my site and look in the tutorials section.

Russ

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:58 pm 
Bookmarked, thanks. :-)

Gonna pop up to Homebase to see if they have sets of allen/hex keys, so I can sort the barrel out. :-)

[ITV version] "I say we grease this rat, fat, son-of-a-bitch right now!"

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:18 pm 
I've just finished building the PR. 8)

Some observations:

Next time, check the whole kit, inspecting each piece, because then you might find the 'missing' hex key laying underneath the shroud before buying a new set in Homebase. :o : lol

The magazine that came with the Marui M1A1 is too long for the PR, so I'll have to buy another one, or just glue the mag cover in place (as I'm only having the PR for display purposes). This is best, as the mag cover doesn't fit very well anyway, often falling off with a mere tap. This may be because there's no mag fitted, but I doubt it.

The locking mechanism for the stock is poor, often not finding the holes for the 'bolt' to drop into. :|

The instruction images are really poor, missing certain pieces out of stages (e.g. part of the sprung GL/battery compartment cover) and not clearly showing which bolt/screw to use.

So I got to the end and had three bolts to finish the clips on the shroud, but the bolts were the wrong type, so for now I've just glued them in place.
:|

They're marked here:
[img]http://www.medwaypvb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scans/pr9.jpg[/img]
I'm missing both on the rear(left in the pic) clip and one of the two on the front(right) clip.
If anyone has any I can buy, then I'd be much obliged. :)

I've got dozens of images I took to add to my web pages, but I now know that there are a few which show the wrong bolt, so I'll take my time and put them up on the web over the next few days.

Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=medwaypvb>MedwayPVB[/url] at: 5/15/07 10:19 am

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:31 am 
Talk to Mnoble about new mag bases and other possible replacement/modification parts. This is also known as the G&P kit, so any relevant topics would apply to you as well.

Russ

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:59 am 
Yeah, I've been told about the M40GP to replace the shottie cartridge and the new mag base. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:47 pm 
Quote:
Quote:The magazine that came with the Marui M1A1 is too long for the PR

Similar question in The Ready Line- You need to buy the shorter 190 round "Mid-Cap" magazine (it is sometimes described as "Hi-Cap", but is always 190 rounds).

www.precisionairsoft.com/item175.htm

Hope this helps. :)

Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/ssgtburton/ssgtburton_banner301.jpg[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:05 pm 
Thanks Kevin. :D

I'm in the UK, so found a supplier here:

airsoftskirmish.co.uk/

They also stock the Tokyo Marui M1A1.

All my PR Build web pages are now finished. 8)

Soooo many images I had to upload!

Glad I have a fast broadband connection. :)

If someone looks at my web pages and figures out which three bolts are wrong (I think one is on the bb sensor), then I'll amend the page(s) and send the person a little something Aliens related as a thankyou. ;)

Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=medwaypvb>MedwayPVB[/url] at: 5/18/07 1:55 pm