The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: FAQ: Using the Tokyo Marui Spas 12 in a Pulse Rifle...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:51 am 
@Alex: Yeah, you and me both Bro. :(

@ Joe: The issues you're going to have are twofold.

1) The Marui Spas 12 is a big @$$ gun. The cage is thick plastic and is NOT designed to house anything except the barrels. getting the receiver inside there is going to be, to but it bluntly, a bitch.

2) Now, assuming you somehow get it in there, the cage will need to be 2-4" longer in order to allow the TM cocking mechanism to continue working.

My original idea back when I was building my first airsoft PR, was to use the Marui M3 benelli in place of an M870. The problem I discovered was the Marui's powerful spring, designed to fire 3 BBs with a single trigger pull through 3 barrels, needs a LONG stroke to get the spring/piston charged.

I'll look and see if I still have my M3 "chopping" diagrams...
...somewhere in the archives...

Found 'em!

First, the "original" custom Rook special...

And the stripped version... plus the bad news.

Since the Spas 12 and M3 Benelli use the same firing design system, It's looking like you're going to need the Spas cage houseing to be appx 6" longer than factory size, which puts it at about 18"-20" in length. The standard real steel Spas cage is appx. 13" in length.

Russ

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts." Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rook3>Rook 3[/url] at: 2/23/06 9:06 pm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:48 am 
Russ, ok, say i wanted to bend the rules a bit. How much longer would the GL have to be to be a working shotgun?
Call it a pulse rifle/masterkey...

What are you doing with a gun in space?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:10 pm 
Joe mentioned the Masterkey system (such as Billy's M16/Ithaca combo in Predator), so I think he plans on leaving the receiver section of the SPAS nearly as is (I assume with at least the pistol grip removed).

It would create the need for a much longer barrel vent. Say a 25 hole? ;)

It would be interesting to see what you come up with (and no, I'm not being sarcastic Joe). :)
Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:39 pm 
I have shrouds on order, so I am looking for a new project gun. I like to have moving parts. My thought was to put a high power green laser in the thompson upper part and a working airsoft shotgun in the bottom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:37 pm 
It is all starting to make sense to me now. I bought a cheap crossman spas at walmart. I think a real cage is 331mm, this one is only 270mm. so 4/5ths scale. I will use it to make a new laser M41a for my kids.
However, I can now understand why it is so complicated to make a "working" GL. The origional was a real engineering marvel. Cameron must laugh at the thought of us Bas&*(ds 20 years later trying to reproduce his work.