The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Tokyo Mauri vs Matrix pulse rifle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:49 pm 

Ok, in terms of which one is more realistic, which version is better? I am not concerned with performance, just want the most realistic looking of the two.

Appreciate people's opinion.

Post subject: Re: Tokyo Mauri vs Matrix pulse rifle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12132E1
Tokyo Marui does not make a Pulse Rifle. The old G&P Pulse Rifle kit commonly used a Tokyo Marui Thompson as it was, at the time, the only airsoft Thompson on the market. Then came the China clones. These are reversed engineered off the TM Thompson. Many if not all parts are interchangeable between the two Thompson's. This is when people started using Cybergun Thompson's in the G&P kit. Then comes the Snow Wolf/Matrix PR. It uses one of the Chinese clones. Performance, based on the same type of battery used in both are pretty much equal. A spring change, bigger battery pack, an/or a new motor and the clones can rock pretty good.

Post subject: Re: Tokyo Mauri vs Matrix pulse rifle
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
As stated above, the newer one is a "clone" of the older one and they look identical except in color variations.

From a "feel perspective", internally I have heard there are roll pins in the newer shrouds that make them more sturdy (less flex) than the old ones, but I'm going to go on a limb and guess the old kit versions probably have better overall materials.

You can improve its overall looks with a good repaint top to bottom and getting rid of the damn shotgun shell they jammed in the grenade launcher...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 am 
Arcturian

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.22156E1
Ive owned a G&P previously and still own a Snow Wolf (matrix i guess) and I have to say the Snow Wolf has been the better of the two in terms of looks. Its a little too unwieldy to actually skirmish with, but the point about less creak and flex is really true.

My G&P sounded like a galleon under full sail!

Area 52 Bioweapons division - Amber T. Alien

"Harsh"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:03 pm 

This is helpful! Thanks!

Boltrig wrote:
Ive owned a G&P previously and still own a Snow Wolf (matrix i guess) and I have to say the Snow Wolf has been the better of the two in terms of looks. Its a little too unwieldy to actually skirmish with, but the point about less creak and flex is really true.

My G&P sounded like a galleon under full sail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 am 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12132E1
I also had a G&P with a Marui Thompson, a Cybergun Thompson in Matt's resin shrouds, and a Matrix/SnowWolf PR. Of the three, the Cybergun/resin shroud PR was the best, it was rock solid. The Matrix was next, but I ditched all the roll pins after my full rebuild electronics conversion. A few creaks, but not near as many as the G&P kit had. It creaked if you just looked at it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm 

What about the HCG Metal Pulse Rifle vs the Matrix? I know its mostly metal vs the Matrix but is the HCG worth the price that is is going for in today's market? Has anyone handled both and can provide more insight? Also, what is considered a fair price to purchase and HCG?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
zachilles wrote:
What about the HCG Metal Pulse Rifle vs the Matrix? I know its mostly metal vs the Matrix but is the HCG worth the price that is is going for in today's market? Has anyone handled both and can provide more insight? Also, what is considered a fair price to purchase and HCG?
Thanks!

To that, I will say it is worth it if true accuracy is your goal. I have had a Matrix and built my own from various parts, but I am constantly looking for a semi affordable HCG.

The differences in the Matrix barrel vent, stock, and squared off rear shrouds (to accommodate the stock slide system) are def not as accurate as the HCG. If you have the money, one of Matsuo's creations or an HCG is going to look far more accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:46 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.52149E1
I'm in the process of building an accurate pulse rifle it has TM Thompson, Tanaka M870, HGC Shourds, SPAS 12 cage and SD Studio parts. All i can say it is bloody heavy and is requiring a tone of machine work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:10 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Start a thread Stew, I'd love to see your progress :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:23 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.52149E1
not been any progress in about a year been building the thing for 10 years. stuck at a point where i don't have access to tools i need.