The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: G&P Pulse Rifle Kit Feedback Delivered
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:22 am 
Back in H.K. again.

Stopped by Mong Kok District in Kowloon (Airsoft Central) and talked to both G&P retailers GnG and DENTrinity and gave them a brief feedback AFA this Board's experience is concerned.

Both shops denied being involved with G&P Products or being involved with producing the M41 PR kits (Yea. Ah-Huh. Right. Ok. We believe U.)

MAA did deliver the prime message to these guys -- WE WANT SOMEONE (??) TO BUILD METAL SPAS-12 CAGE. OK ??

The guys at both shops kind of nodded their heads and said they would pass it on to whom it may concerned.

Prediction: If we as a community keep up our advocation -- they will answer our call. Eventually ...

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 10/31/03 4:26 am

Post subject: Re: G&P Pulse Rifle Kit Feedback Delivered
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:50 pm 
Quote:
Quote:MAA did deliver the prime message to these guys -- WE WANT SOMEONE (??) TO BUILD METAL SPAS-12 CAGE. OK ??

WooHoo way to go MAA:D

<span style="color:black;font-family:FederationBold;font-size:medium;]Adapt-Overcome-Survive

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:53 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Would it be to any advantage to flood them with the same request, from may different people?

I would say so.

But to maximize the effect and be more convincing, I would suggest that we as a community submit a slow but steady stream of feedback in terms of emails/letters to the main retailers. Knowing those guys -- this would result in light bulbs going off in their heads and they will sniff and say: "Show Me Da Mo Nay !!!!! Che-Ching !). Eventually, the people who made the kits will realize that there actually is a market for knock-offs of Franchi SPAS-12 cages due to lack of parts, the ending of it's production, and the expiry of it's patent.

I have seen Hong Kong AS makers manufacture somethings on hunches that turn out badly (namely AS versions of something called the ZM LR-300 (M4 twin) and experimental Stoner '96 S.A.W.'s.

SOoooo - we would actually be steering them in the right direction with our calls on them to create METAL SPAS-12 CAGES. Ok ?? Guys (&Gal) ???

;)

PS -- If I can just decide which digital camera to buy, I will do that AS shop-by-shop review with contact info. as previously mentioned. Oh well, other guys know the correct contact info. or just look up Arnie's Airsoft on the Net and check the links for H.K. shops.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 10/31/03 7:31 am

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:44 pm 
Do these places have contact information?

Would it be to any advantage to flood them with the same request, from may different people?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:06 pm 
MENATARMS:

Quote:
Quote:PS -- If I can just decide which digital camera to buy

Hello MEATARMS... I'm sure your swamped with all the new Digital cameras available now.. I sure was. If lens quality and image quality are your main priority (Not Price :D ) then I would stick with Canon or Nikon. Both brands have leading digital cameras (All Models). I personally use Canon.

Most of the images I post on this board are taken with Canons "Now" low end Power Shot S110. This little sucker takes outstanding pictures that are true to the subjects color. Another bonus with this Little jewel is that it takes some of the best indoor pictures using its auto settings. My higher end Canon SLR requires me to use manual settings and adjust my flash to obtain the same results.

There are so many things to consider when going digital, i.e., lens quality, image size, image color quality, indoor/outdoor picture results, zoom availability, etc, etc, etc.

Either way, if you choose any of Canons and/or Nikons models you will not be disappointed.

If I was in the market for a new camera, I would score Canons EOS Digital Rebel SLR model. If price is a factor however, then any of the PowerShot lines will blow your socks off also.

Stay COOL
Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:43 pm 
Thanks Tiger.

Won't let you guys down. Will do the review when I go thru HK again next.

I sold my Nikon Coolpix 950 which served me well for the last 3.5 years. Only 2 million pixels, but we all know you can only see 72 dots/sq. in once images comes through the Net.

I like Nikons very much, but the replacement Coolpix 4500, 5400 are way more than the Sony Cybershots I was looking at (I think a 3-mil pix DC-8 can be had for just over 200 bucks in HK, the 5-mil for 300 bucks).

Anybody know anything about the Sony's ?? I'm leaning this way due to lesser price than Nikon, plus the Memory Sticks that are compatible with my new Company issued VAIO laptop.
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:35 am 
I had a 1.3 megapixel Sony Cybershot (a couple years old) and always got wonderful images from it. I wish my new, overly expensive camcorder with the digital still camera built in could take as good of stilll images as that old cybershot could. *sigh*

Rook

Visit Rook's Castle, I dare you! What's a matter McFly? Chicken?