The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Found a P.O.S. Hudson S&W M39, need your opinion ...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:15 am 
I have found one of the rare Hudson curved black handle S&W M39 of Vasquez fame.

I have an opinion: Wow! This is one small pistol. It's about the same size as 007's Walther PPK or just a tad larger. Looks like the current S&W 0.40 some women cops carry.

I need some opinions: Should I buy this gun ?? Down sides -- missing the slide lock. Mag release don't work. Slide don't slide. Won't fire any caps. Up side -- the guy's asking fifty bucks for it.

I was told that Hudson won't have parts to fix it too. Anybody can confirm or deny ?

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 4/12/04 3:31 am

Post subject: Re: Found a P.O.S. Hudson S&W M39, need your opinion ...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:25 am 
i geuss it would depend if you want a "firing" pistol or not. for fifty bucks i would grab it up. maybe you could get lucky at a gun show or something and score the parts for it or it could "accidently" fall into a tub of gaurdians goo and...:P

Post subject: Re: Found a P.O.S. Hudson S&W M39, need your opinion ...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:39 am 
Dunno MAA... if it has all the failings you say it does...

If he'd go lower in price than that, say $25-$30, then sure I'd say go for it. But if the slide doesn't rack and you can't even get the mag out... I'd pass.

But then, I NEVER liked the S&W pistols of that era anyway.

Rook

Visit Rook's Castle, I dare you! What's a matter McFly? Chicken?