The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: M-203 shroud
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:44 am 
does anyone know where to get a M-203 shroud? ive called and e-mailed 3 places and there out or not returning e-mails. i called one place and the guy says " oh those are long gone" i said "oh. how often do you update your website?" he replys "uh... never" l.o.l any help useful, thanks guys!!!
P.F.C. J. LEE U.S.C.M.C. A08/TQ1.0.101316X3

Post subject: Re: M-203 shroud
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:41 am 
Shotgun News.
[img]http://www.scifimilitary.com/MAA/SFMsig.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:08 am 
would that be sarco? ive got the last three shotgun news mags, called places, wrote e-mails and there not responding either. :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:29 am 
Do you need real steel?

Russ

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:26 pm 
i was wondering about that myself, all the articals "sell" the product for 45-50 bucks, only 1 stated it was made of plastic,1 stated "smaller then the original" wich i dont want. so when i call or e-mail on the "full sized" there all sold out. i am assuming theyre were 2 versions, plus 2 sizes. i would settle for the full sized plastic, this is going on my paintball rifle so metal/plastic i dont really care as long as its the full sized one. 65 bucks priority mail for a used metal one i would go for. plastic 50-55 bucks i would go for. used dont bother me as its going to get a work out. :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:34 am 
If you are looking to build a flamer you should go with an airsoft M203 shroud. The original shroud has a cutout on the bottom of the left side that isn't present on the flamer. There are airsoft/modelkit M203s that don't have this cutout so it's likely these were used for the original.

Cheers,
Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:06 am 
I carred the M203 for a year, but I don't remember any cutout on the left side, just the molded tab that covers the release button.

There is no metal version of this part, but the real-steel part is a molded plastic, with a metal heatshield inside. I imagine the airsoft part would just be plastic, but haven't seen one in quite a long time.
Exo2

My Props Website

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:21 am 
i have a tippmann A-5 paintballgun, i just got the BT 16 inch barrel set. i also have a matsu M-203 grenade launcher that i modded to fit an extra air tank into. i just need the shroud to finish this bad mo*fo* up! the standard AR forgaurd "half" that is usually used for this just looks wrong and substandard. thats why im looking for the real shroud. plastic is fine with me, easier to clean and dont have to worry about rust. woodsball right now is extremly wet and cold so....anyone? :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:59 am 
There are actually 1:1 model kits of the 203 launcher. Don't know where you can get it Stateside though.

The real steel is sold in civilian form, but last I saw in Shotgun News they were running just under $150 shipped (shoots 37mm flares), so I'm sure it's out of the price range for your needs.

As they said -- may be the Marui one is the way to go.
[img]http://www.scifimilitary.com/MAA/SFMsig.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:02 pm 
I think there's a bit of miscommunication. Sounds to me like he just wants the ventilated handguard.

So, do you need the full-length grip or the M4-length? I can't remember what the BT16 barrel looked like, been a while since I was at the paintball shop.

If you need the full length-

Sarco sells it for $45, and there are a couple up for auction on Gunbroker for $55. You could still probably find the AS part cheaper though.
For the M4-length M203 style grip-

The only place I've seen these is floating around Gunbroker. Do a search for 'm203 shorty', they go for about $45
Exo2

My Props WebsiteEdited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=exoframe2>Exoframe2[/url] at: 11/25/05 8:07 am

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:09 am 
thanks guys, i just wanted the vented shroud, and FINALLY after a month-n-a-half of searching it looks like i will be getting it in 7-10 days. i appreciate everyones help. will let you know how it all goes together if theres any interest later on! to frigging sweet!! :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:13 am 
I'd like to see how it comes together. I was playing around with a similar idea, mounting a Qloader underneath my 98C's barrel, and adding an M203 grip to the 'dock' portion to make it look like a launcher, and putting an M203 shroud around the barrel. I would like to ditch the Ricochet AK hopper, as it is pretty bulky, but I can go through 100 balls in no time with that response trigger.
Exo2

My Props Website

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 pm 
i will e-mail pic's when its done, same idea here, yeah i dont like the "ricochet" hoppers either. im gonna try the tac cap tho :o , and alot of speed loaders! i love the response trigger! :lol: