The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Pulse rifle airsoft rifles. What are they really worth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 pm 

As above really, what are people paying for them when they come up, im talking the thompson and g and p kitted version

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

IIRC, DATA's awesome ones were a mere £8 for the sprung prop versions sized for a Maruzen. I think the Tanaka ones were a little more, maybe £12?

However, from a certain VERY disreputable seller on eBay you can get a "genuine, real, actual, proper, pukka, 150% absolutely guaranteed screen-used painted wooden one, the real thing from the genuine, real, actual, proper, pukka Aliens film" for only £400 odd... plus postage and packing, of course! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:44 pm 

You nearly posted that in the right thread dude lol.

Post subject: Re: Pulse rifle airsoft rifles. What are they really worth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:55 pm 
You tell me man, I only work here.

The problem is when the matrix/snow wolf came out, the G+P kitted rifle seriously took a hit in value.

The marui is 1000 times better, but it seems a majority of people don't care.

The G+P has some better parts of the kit (like having that extra mag spacer on the counter side)

But the matrix fixed some things like a more solid locking stock.

My estimate is in the 400 range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
Price is really relative to the components IN the rifle.
I have a metal shroud, Marui Thompson, Tanio Koba 870,
real steel spas cage, etc. The price would be 4-5x that of the
currently offered ones, but it's also a custom build. :)

The G&P/SW versions i'd have bought myself in the early days
because it's pretty much ready to go out of the box.

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12132E1
I've had both, an original G&P/Marui PR and the new Snow Wolf. The quality of the Marui Thompson over whatever brand Thompson the Snow Wolf uses is a lot better. The finish on the Marui is better than the SW Thompson. The G&P kit versus the SW, the differences are not as great. My old G&P used to creak everytime I touched it. The SW is rock solid, even with out the roll pins. Like Noble said, the G&P did have the extra plate in the mag well oppisite the counter, to help guide in your mags. I do think the G&P kit was a bit overpriced at $400 when it was available. Certainly more so now that a SW can be had for under $250.

If I was in the market for an original G&P/Marui PR I probably wouldn't spend more than $400 for one.

Grab a Snow Wolf, throw on a decent paint job, replace the red shotgun shell with a Spat alum/resin or an aluminum SD M40, add a bigger battery (see my thread for a how to) and you have an overall better gun, IMO.

Back in the late 90's early 2000's your options for a PR were very limited. What was out there was either good and very expensive (for the day) or cheap and really crappy. Anyone remember the all vac formed PR kits?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:51 pm 

who45 wrote:

Aw, crap... Clicked the wrong thread title and didn't notice. They were right next to each other, I swear!

Anyways, I'd agree with around the £4-500 sort of range for the full G&P/Marui set, depending on whether it's already built or still in kit form, due to the choices of out-the-box kits available.
A few years ago, you'd have been looking at more, perhaps as the G&P was the best mod kit and Maruis were getting scarce, as well as the panic-buying pre-VCRA having died out as the Act was... err... enacted.

But if you want top notch, Custom-builds are the way to go - Real SPAS sets, parts from Matsuo, Noble and SD Studios, a bit of jiggery-pokery to get extra features like the adjustable stock and you're set. Expect about £1,000 by the end, although the basics can be done first for maybe £5-600 and then the extras all added in as and when you can manage.

The absolute top of the line Airsoft model will also have things like a small gas tank supplying the functioning grenade launcher, including cycling Airsoft M40s. For the How-To on that, DATA is the man, although I don't know if he still offers the components he produced for it.
Top Airsoft model, probably £2,500 all-in, especially if you go down the aluminium/aloominum shroud route.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 pm 

Its a fully built airsoft one. 4-500. Sounds good to me for letting it go

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 pm 

Service Number: A04/TQ8.0.24476E3
Ttaskmaster wrote:
who45 wrote:

Aw, crap... Clicked the wrong thread title and didn't notice. They were right next to each other, I swear!

Anyways, I'd agree with around the £4-500 sort of range for the full G&P/Marui set, depending on whether it's already built or still in kit form, due to the choices of out-the-box kits available.
A few years ago, you'd have been looking at more, perhaps as the G&P was the best mod kit and Maruis were getting scarce, as well as the panic-buying pre-VCRA having died out as the Act was... err... enacted.

But if you want top notch, Custom-builds are the way to go - Real SPAS sets, parts from Matsuo, Noble and SD Studios, a bit of jiggery-pokery to get extra features like the adjustable stock and you're set. Expect about £1,000 by the end, although the basics can be done first for maybe £5-600 and then the extras all added in as and when you can manage.

The absolute top of the line Airsoft model will also have things like a small gas tank supplying the functioning grenade launcher, including cycling Airsoft M40s. For the How-To on that, DATA is the man, although I don't know if he still offers the components he produced for it.
Top Airsoft model, probably £2,500 all-in, especially if you go down the aluminium/aloominum shroud route.

Thanks Woody for your great word's.

My PR is a TM M1A1 and uprated.
Maruzen M870 gas shotgun uprated.
G&P kit upraded
Phil S stock (mod) Front block, Front triangle and vent.
Real S.P.A.S cage and grip.
Gas tank for Maruzen buit-in Magzaine well.
New Stock system - Rock soild with three setting.
Li-on battery above the stock in the back of the shrouds.
Custom Aluminium parts to connet M1A1 to S.P.A.S cage.
Matt Noble Sling and Data plate.
Custom Machine Aluminium Grenades.

Cheer's Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 pm 

OMG, I forgot to mention Tommin - I have his adapter to hold the barrel and fit the SPAS end beneath!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:23 am 
You tell me man, I only work here.

I believe the question is about a straight up G+P kit and a Marui only.

No mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 am 

The title is just Airsoft Pulsies in general, so we're covering all Who's options... OK, yes we're also using it as an excuse to geek out, but c'mon - It's the Pulse Rifle!!

Wasn't sure if he was selling one, or if someone was offering him one, though...