The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: M92F pistol questions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:39 pm 
i just watched underworld and i got a craveing for these

now the ones used were made into auto fire, can a gas gun be made to shoot auto? (yes i figure this would mess up the gun and shorten it's life span but with the nearest airsoft group a good 4 hours away it will mostly be for plunking)

.....and if gas guns ccan be made to go auto...anyone wanna help me? i got at least one guns i want auto

cheers

Pain can be avoided by not caring

Post subject: Re: M92F pistol questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:41 am 
Nubbie,

I know KSC already make a Bereta M93 full auto. This may be the exact gun that you are looking for (they also make the Robocop version of the Bereta).:)
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:12 pm 
i know an EBB can be modded to fire full auto, but i'd rather buy something for what its made for, such as the M93, G18c, or their uzi.

Ripper

-Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:58 am 
i don't need the 93, i need the semi 92 converted to full auto....trust me i wish it could have been easier....but one hobby is like anouther and the neat stuff is a pain in the arse:o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:47 am 
You can make a 93 look like a 92, by shortening the barrel, removing the forward metal grip and using a short clip.

That's probably what they did in the movie... although I'll know after I see it tonight.

-Alex
"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:35 am 
The frame and slide on the 93 are a bit different so it may actually be a strech.
I think it may be possible to convert it to full auto but the problem might be that it will keep fireing after you let go of the trigger. A common problem with some full auto conversions...

I'll look into seeing if it can be done to the gas guns.

<M>
[img]http://www.image-hosting.net/images/messageboard/knightshayd/lstsoulsbanner.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:15 am 
here is a photo of what i want them to look like after i'm done

[img]http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/Underworld/DSCN0157.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:58 pm 
Hi guys. As it happens I want to use an airsoft M92 for a (different) prop replica. Unfortunately I'm not into airsoft and therefore know very little about the different options available - spring, gas, hop-up, whatever. The most important thing is that it looks the part, I think. I'll give you an example: at the weekend I saw M92s in black and silver which looked fine, but they were no use to me because I could see straight away that the magazine was a funny little square tube, ie not full-size. :|

To be honest it won't make that much difference to my project, but it would be nice to know what I'm looking at. Could some of you airsoft mavens please advise me? Thanks.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:33 pm 
i think i know what you are talking about...it was a thin little curved slip that fit into the front side of the "magazine"

thats a cheap 92f

it is up to you on what you use the guns for

electirs handguns imo seems to be cheaply made

gas guns will cost a lot but you get what you pay for, alomost the FPS as a AEG rifle and a 20 round magazine capacity

spring...single shot.....*shrugs*

hop up is not a kind of gun, ina real gun you know how the round spins down the barrel? thats what hop up does for the guns

if you want i got a link to a site selling "nice" looking guns but thats the worth of it....all low budgut airsoft makers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:20 pm 
Mike, it really depends on how much detail and special features you want your replica to have.

The "Electric Blowback" pistols are the worst. They lack certain asthetic detail and do not perform well at all. Typical price is $25 or less.

Single shot "Spring" pistols often have better detail than the EB's, and feature "full size" magazines and the like, but the overall quality Isn't that great. They're good for the costumer on a budget though and can be had for less than $20 in most locations. Typical price is $15-$25.

"Gas BlowBack" pistols use a CO2 and silicone oil mixture that's enviornmentally "friendly," and has been termed "Green Gas."

Many GBB's have more realistic features such as Metal magazines, relistic markings and a higher metal content than their lesser cost cousins. Prices vary from $89 - $250.

Try doing a search on ebay for "M9 Airsoft" or "92f Airsoft," or just use airsoft as it's own search term.

Also, "Hop Up" is a device in the end of the barrel that puts a backspin on a BB, giving the round projectile a flatter trajectory and increased range. Not all low end airsoft guns have Hop Up. Some higher end guns have adjustable Hop so a shooter can tweak his or her gun to hit targets at a range that the shooter chooses, within the limits of the gun's design.

Rook

Visit Rook's Castle, I dare you! What's a matter McFly? Chicken?Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rook3>Rook 3[/url] at: 9/23/03 3:25 pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:21 pm 
Thanks Rook, that was just what I needed to know. :)

The hunt begins...
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:24 pm 
No problem. Those years I spent as an airsoft retailer are apparently not completely wasted. ;)

Rook

Visit Rook's Castle, I dare you! What's a matter McFly? Chicken?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:55 pm 
Nubbie?
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=uscmcorps>uscmCorps[/url] at: 10/8/03 10:56 am

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:18 pm 
I just saw UNDERWORLD. Awesome! Set up at end for UW2 no doubt. Pretty funny how in a showdown between Lycans and Vampires they still prefer to shoot each other with guns. I guess they had to find a way to work all those cool weapons into the movie. Now I know why Nubbie wanted the 92F full-auto. Give it 6 months to a year and somebody will put that gun out on the market. Cheers!:)
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:34 pm 
-edit for content-

Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=anubianwarrior>Anubian Warrior[/url] at: 10/8/03 5:02 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:19 pm 
thats me

Anubian Warror= Nubbie

he isn't the only one to call me that

but on anouther note, i don't think i'll get the 92F's any time in the future, i've got my plate full on other things that is USCM and other stuff (all that i plan to share in due time)

thanks for helping though

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:33 pm 
I just thought it was interesting as Nubbie refers to someone who is very new to the board. Which Anubian, you relatively are, but so is he. I just thought it was interesting... nothing more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:10 pm 
Anubian, I don't know what your problem is but you need to chill. The previous comment I made wasn't a flame. I was simply stating that I found it odd that MAA referred to you as a newbie when he himself hadn't been here that much longer himself. You're a little too quick to fly off the handle.