The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Help - Digital Counter needed
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:48 pm 
Does any of the marines out there know of a reputable source for a working digital counter that will count down with every shoot like the one in the G&P kit? The sites I’ve found will only sells the counter with their rifle kits but all I need is the counter :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Help - Digital Counter needed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:17 pm 
I will inquire about this when next in Hong Kong, perhaps to GUNS-N-GUYS. However, don't hold out high hopes for this. Besides, if say one shop was welling to sell the counter unit separately -- they will more than likely charge enough that with shipping added it would hardly be worth the time to pursue.

Thus, perhaps your best shot is still that one outfit that does sell the units but are asking something like 85 bucks for one.

I have a cousin who is an E.E. who said that he feels doing one up would be a piece of cake, but I haven't fed him the AS parts necessary to begin experimenting ...
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

Post subject: Re: Help - Digital Counter needed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:28 pm 
Thanks Menatarms! I'll keep my fingures crossed. And please keep the board up to date on your cousin’s experiments. I’m sure there are more than a few of us that could use a good counter :D