The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Hi there !..and question on co2 PR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:52 pm 
Hi Marines :-)

Just found this board and maaan.....this is what i was looking for !
Great source of information and lots of people who know what they're talking about.
I've been a huge Alien fan since the first one came out but since Aliens i only have eyes for the M41A ;-)

The airsoft versions are known of course but.....has anyone ever thought of building a co2 PR ??
I was thinking off stripping down a Baikal "Drozd" co2 MP and implanting it into an M41A.
For the launcher i thought of a Daisy 2002 co2 shotgun i still have in my collection.....should be able to shorten it down to fit the SPAS cage.

My problem now is the Thompson parts.....
The Marui M1A1 is a very nice piece but i don't want to buy the whole airsoft gun for the few parts i need.
Unfortunately there isn't a spring-powered M1A1 available and the 1928....well....

I thought about it the last few weeks and it seems i have to buy the Marui and completely tear it apart.
Maybe one of you guys have an idea to get the project rolling ?

Greetings from Sylt/Germany !

Torsten

Post subject: Re: Hi there !..and question on co2 PR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:18 pm 
I think this should probably go over to the Airsoft section.

But to answer your question: there's really no way to get around buying a TM M1A1 if you want to build an Airsoft M41A.

I don't know too much about Germany. But in Hong Kong, where one can walk into an Airsoft shop and choose to buy a whole gun or parts of a gun -- it's still more cost effective to buy the entire gun and break it down, rather than buying parts of a gun then building it up.

For instance -- I last saw a M1A1 gearbox at I think it was DENTrinity, and the gb was marked HK 700 or nearly US 100 bucks, whereas a brand new in the box TM M1A1 could be had for HK 12??, or about one hundred fifty US dollars.

I can only imagine that buying parts in Germany would be much much more costlier.

Your only other choice will be to hunt for an used M1A1, but eBay isn't very good for used AS prices either. So, you're down to searching for used AS guns in Asian AS sites like War Game Club. Then you still take a chance with such purchases because they are not very secured like eBay is.

SOooo, the long & short of it: buying a new TM M1A1 may be the best way to go. Matter fact -- it might be worth it to check out a G&P AS M41A that is already built (check the Airsoft section for past threads about these kits).

Welcome to the Board!:)

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:42 pm 
Thanks for your reply ! :D
I had a little hope that there were recast Thompson receivers on the market somewhere but i guess i really have to order at UN...
Spare parts for airsoft-guns are hard to find in Germany.
Buying the whole gun might,as you mentioned,be the better way cause i'm not willing to wait till a spring-powered M1 comes along....i HAVE to start now
Today i'll take both co2 guns apart...hope they will fit into
the M41A 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:51 pm 
Yes welcome to our friendly little forum here :D

Cpl. Neokramer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:43 am 
Replica weapons (airsoft) can be owned now in germany providing that they are SINGLE SHOT only.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

If you want to not use Thompson or M870 parts in your Pulse Rifle, that's YOUR choice. More power to you.

However (You knew there was a catch. ;) )... any hardware changes away from the original design that you make of course take you away from the original item as well.

As far as replica Thompson parts without using the Marui Airsoft gun, they're out there, just not as popular as going true airsoft. You may find as you research your project more that any "cost cutting" measures you take by not using a Marui Thompson (or a model non-gun) may not really be saving you money in the end.

But don't let me try to sway you, I'm biased in favor of airsoft myself. ;)

Rook

Visit Rook's Castle, I dare you! What's a matter McFly? Chicken?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:35 am 
Personally, I honestly think that using co2 in a pulse rifle is a really bad idea. I've been shot a few times by sniper rifles that fire well over 600fps, and it hurts like hell:evil: . co2 would be a lot more powerful and dangerous. Plus it's single shot. I'd much prefer a TM PR.

My 2 cents.

-Alex

"The M41-A. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room. Accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:07 pm 
Thanks guys !
Important thing first....
@ Alex
I'm absolutely with you in that point;of course i do NOT intend to shoot anybody with that gun ! :)
That's why i posted here and not over at the airsoft board.
It's simply that i do collect any kind of co2 driven guns;so a co2 M41A,if it can be done,is something i'd really like to add to my collection.
Btw...the Baikal "Drozd" i plan to use fires single shot,3-shot and 6-shot bursts with 300,450,600 and,with an easy modification (adding a 50k resistor to the electronic-board ),900 shots per minute.

@ Rook
II already started to look out for original gun parts!
Main thing for me is to combine a co2 system with the looks of the M41A.....the more real-steel parts i can use the better !!!
As for the GL......the only possible co2 gun to fit inside is the 2002 shotgun as far as i know.
So unfortunately i can either have a working launcher or......use 870 parts..
Anyway,it seems i can get hold of the SPAS parts and maybe even real-steel M1A1 receiver.
Curios myself if it can be done !
P.S. real impressive airsoft collection you have !
I instantly fell in love with your M41A
:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:33 pm 
I guess you should try to find the SPAS parts first, finding a Thompson in Germany isn`t the problem.

just do it !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:07 pm 
Guys, watch now as Stefan performs his magic & hooks up his fellow citizen with the mother of all Thompsons -- Al Capone's St.Valentine's Day Massacre weapon ! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:40 pm 
Man, I wish I had the chance to get a real Thompson two years ago instead of milling a gripframe and receiver myself !

just do it !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:55 pm 
..........Stephan ??
Is that your M41A on Phil Steinschneider's site ???
A real piece of art !
Great work :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:23 pm 
Thanks, yes it is.

I think you`re not far away from me, I`m from Bremerhaven, so be welcome if you`re here in the future.

just do it !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:45 pm 
and i'm an hour away from Germantown.

heck if i know why they call it that..

But wait, if you have the TM M1A1, how are you going to fit the battery? and after that, a launcher too?

Ripper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:50 pm 
Quote:
Quote:and i'm an hour away from Germantown.

Probably because that part of PA (??) was heavily settled by the influx of German immigrants to the U.S. back during the late 1800's to early 1900's (Industrial Revolution period).

Isn't that where we have Amish (German descendents) communities here and there as well ??.

Wild guess.;)
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:08 pm 
we still infiltrate the world and nobody noticed it :lol:

just do it !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:50 pm 
Stephan,
thanks for the invitation !
Sylt is almost around the corner and i'll definetely pay a visit !
Maybe at the end of april.....coming back from Dortmund model-fair then ( looking for toys and Facehuggers :lol: )