The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:16 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12132E1
Shoot him an email. Doesn't it have a 3 or 4 digit readout?

Post subject: Re: Modified Snow Wolf PR Completed
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 pm 

I got the V2 FX Module Board installed in my PR today. I also took the opportunity to shorten and tidy up some of my wiring. I'm still running the powered speaker. The counter was moved over a few mm per Majenko. It fits in there better but for a Snow Wolf PR you will still have to trim a small portion of the SPAS to get it to fit. If there is ever a V3 I would like to see the counter mounted all the way to the right hand side of the board.

Majenko posted in his for sale thread on the RPF (copied in above post) all the upgrades this board has so I wont go into them here. I will say you don't hear any "white noise" from the speaker now. It wasn't a problem on the V1 but you were aware there was a speaker on with that board. Sound level? Easily much louder now! Still not "blow out your eardrums" loud, but it will make itself known at Cons that this is one special PR.

I am very happy with this Version 2 of the FX Module Board (Majenko, need to come up with a snappy name for it!). I was very happy with the V1 as well and will miss it. It will be going to a new home Monday. I will try and get a video loaded tonight. I also added the white Rebel and red/orange Rebel to the barrels as well. Much happier with this light show. They are just so tiny that they are a pain to solder!

Since I sold the Tracer Unit I need to replace my barrel. I had the tip machined down to fit the Tracer Adapter. I need to get it back to stock looking.

My hats off and a great bow to Majenko for putting out what I consider the best PR sound effects board on the market. It's loaded with features, sounds great, is easy to wire up, and is well below what other boards have cost in the past. Thank you Sir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:54 am 

For those that are interested, here is a short video. I may add a piece of scuffed clear plastic over the GL LED, just to diffuse the light a little bit. You can see in the video that when you rack the GL it shows you how many grenades you have left. It's the number with the dot on the bottom. After you rack it goes back to showing how many ammo rounds you have left in the magazine! Too cool! Click on the black square.
Oh, my cheap camera makes the counter digits look burned out, they are not, it's a cheap camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_RKitz4s3U

O.K. now I'm calling this done!
Unless of course I decide to swap out the shrouds with a set from Matt.....and maybe swap out the SPAS for one of Matt's, or an HCG SPAS....or.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:54 pm 

Hey guys, just thought I'd tack on the end of this great thread.

Just introducing myself. It's Majenko here, maker of the pulse rifle board. The RPF has annoyed me somewhat by arbitrarily deleting my thread over there, so I am defecting in this direction. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the board, I'm happy to help out in any way I can...

I'll certainly be making a V3 one day, yes. It'll be pretty difficult to move the display all the way to the right, but I'll do what I can. It's great to see some pictures of it actually in-situ, as I'm largely firing blind with it (pun intended) as I don't have a pulse rifle myself to try it out in.

By the way, I have started collecting useful information about the board in my own little forum if you want things like wiring diagrams, etc:

http://www.uecide.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:22 am 
Transportation Chief

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.82250E1
Majenko, I will say this in public. You are an incredible person. It is stunning the way you will help some one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 pm 

Majenko, glad you joined here! Some of the rules on the RPF can be trying at times. Guys, if anyone wants to add lights and sounds to a PR this is the best board in my opinion. Sadly I had to sell my PR. I will build another and it will use a Majenko board.

And Archangel, I agree, Majenko is an incredible person! Hopefully by the time the V3 comes out I'll have money again!

Majenko, thanks for the compliment on my thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:51 pm 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.02251E1
Can t back robiwon and archangle more majenko is extremely helpfull... Still building my Spulse with an v2 board inside it's more work than I thought but majenko has been very helpful! If you want to add light and sound to your Pulse he is the man to see!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:46 am 

Hey Majenko, replied to your PM!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 pm 

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.82150E1
Very nice build! One question popped into my mind, I might have missed the answer while reading through the thread but: How does the grenade reloading work? It reloads the grenades at the same time you insert a new magazine? You wouldn't happen to have images of the stick battery inside the magazine?

I will do something similar for mine as well. Since I'm also an airsofter, I will venture on the road of keeping the airsoft option on the gun as well and only have the lights and such work while on drops during events. Nevertheless, this is an excellent tutorial, very informative and well written!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 pm 

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, when the mag is removed and then re-inserted it does indeed reload your grenades. I think you get a max of 5 grenades per reload.

Sadly, I don't think I have picks of the battery in the mag. I'll check though.

If your keeping the PR as an airsoft gun you wont be able to put the battery in the mag. You would have to gut the mag out. Also, you wouldn't be able to do an LED in the barrel as it would need to remain clear for the BB's. While it was fun with the Tracer Unit on it, I really had no interest in keeping it airsoft and wanted a muzzle flash instead.

My current plan for the next build will be again to use a Snow Wolf PR, Majenko's newest version of his board (hopefully V3 by then), strip out all airsoft bits, drill out the SPAS cage, a more compact rechargeable battery, etc. Of course, I have an idea for something new for this build that I don't think has been done before. Too early to let the cat out of the bag on that one though. You all will just have to wait.

Of course, once I start, I will do another fully documented build thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:10 pm 

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.82150E1
Thanks for the info! I like a challenge and with more than 10 years into the hobby, I'll try and see what can be done. :) Even if it means taking the inner barrel out and doing small non-permanent mods for it before events. Just waiting for a chance to grab one of those boards now...

And indeed, you are correct about the battery inside the mag. Will need to do a workaround for it. Sadly there is not that much space inside the gun... Oh well, who does not love a challenge?