The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Maruzen Remington in the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:18 am 
I've been thinking of cutting down a Maruzen Remington to fit in the launcher of my new PR. I don't seem to be able to find a stockist in the UK, and am reluctant to import from the US. Does anyone know a reliable outlet in old blighty?
Birdie@cwcom.net

Post subject: Re: Maruzen Remington in the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:25 am 
Birdie, see my answer in the other post. Zero 1 will probably be able to help if they are still available.

Also you can try logging onto Arnie's at www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/b.../index.php and checking the forums there. They have a for sale/wanted section. As the 870 is a little underpowered for serious skirmishing you might get lucky and find one for sale.

Phil

theForce is my ally, but a kick A$$ lightsaber helps........

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:08 pm 
Quote:
Quote:The real steel Spas 12 cage can fit a real steel M870 receiver no problem. A maruzen M870 on the other hand will need to be modified to fit into the real steel Spas 12 cage. This usually entails routing a channel alond the left side of the plastic receiver to fit it (opposite side to the ejection port). This works. I have a maruzen M870 installed in one of my Spas 12 cages.

Just make sure you realize there's mod's to be made before you will be able to fit a Maruzen to your real SPAS cage.

Does any one know where the gas source is on the Maruzen, as you will have to do away with the stock, and I wonder if that's where they hide the source for gas would therefore become non-functional as an Airsoft shot gun ??
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:38 pm 
This should be in some sort of FAQ.

The version of M870 you want to find is the "Grip version."

The gas tank is mounted in the pistol grip. The MIM PR had the gas tank mounted in the forward sloped section of the shroud, right above the rear of the spas cage.

Rook

Visit Rook's Castle, I dare you! What's a matter McFly? Chicken?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:47 pm 
Not a problem in my case, guys, I just want the Remington to be able to cycle shells. Don't know how easy it would be to hook up the Remington pump to the Spas one, tho'.
Birdie@cwcom.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:25 am 
What you'll need to do is cut a channel in the left side of the Spas 12 cage, at the height where the metal arm/handle on the original M870 is. Actually, you're not cutting the channel as much as removing the "upright" sections of each vent hole, thuys allowing the grip bolts free passage.

After cutting out the "uprights," Then basically you run bolts through the channel, and into the spas grip. You'll need to remove the original M870 pump grip as well.

Rook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:18 am 
Another place in the UK who are very good are Airsoft Dynamics...01189 612515...Paul or one of the other guys should be able to help you out...

Chris
This user has been classified as Crowe...the silent Marine.

Aliens in my loo again!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:50 pm 
And for what it's worth, most retailers have been out of stock on the Maruzen M870 for over 8 months.

I don't know if this means they're reducing production on them, or if it means they're retooling the gun itself to make it a better piece like the M1100. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Rook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:12 pm 
I believe they are moving onto other projects and products...

And for an airsoft gun all the maruzen shottys are prety poor for gaming...they are only anygood for the fun factor(shotshells flying out the side when cocked)

The maruzen M110's Jam after everyother round..(well the 3 of them ive ever handled do...)

Chris
This user has been classified as Crowe...the silent Marine.

Aliens in my loo again!!!!