The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: M1927 Thompson just for kicks ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:36 pm 
Would anyone like to see a photo review of my M1927 Thompson conversion with a motorized drum mag of the TM M1A1 ?? If so, I'll get some images up once it's completed in about a week. Any takers ?:)
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 9/8/03 8:46 pm

Post subject: Re: M1927 Thompson just for kicks ?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:35 am 
I will also do a review of a built up kit of a hand pull spring power BB firing Airsoft version of a M1927 Thompson. Any takers ?:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:47 am 
Going Three Times ??? :roll:
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
shall be my rother

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:26 pm 
You know what ?? I'm gonna borrow something from the Brit mates on this Board: CRIKEY !!!!!

No body cares much when you propose a conditional review based on someone's replied interest.

Well, nevermind about that, you guys are going to get my reviews anyways.

How's that ? Oh, nevermind ...:oops:
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:06 pm 
Il have a look steve:D

havent actualy seen one built up!!!
This user has been classified as Crowe...the silent Marine.

Aliens in my loo again!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:10 am 
Build the review and they will come, MAA....Honestly, people respond more at seeing something than an announced intention to do something.

Plus, the 1927, though a charismatic weapon, is too far removed from the interests of an Aliens fan normally. As you no doubt have noticed, we tend to be a fairly focused group here.

Cheers

Tony (Posting 1000 kilometers away from work, in Muscat)
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:26 am 
Yea Spell. It's right on what you said.

I would have posted the images as I have been awaiting my Airsoft wizzard buddy code name SI-FU (he's publicity shy) to deliver the M1927 he has been working on for a while.

I am also trying hard to convince him out of his shyness to do a photo review of Hong Kong's first working AS pulse rifle (completed in 1999, and used by Airsoft Club as it's prototype).

I think I will be able to do both right in this forum some time next week.

And you're right, the PR is based off of the M1A1 Thompson. But for Thompson enthusiasts, the M1927 is very interesting, as it is more representive of the original ganster Thompsons.

But just stay tuned in to this thread and I promise some interesting things will be reviewed.

BTW -- My friends who have known me for longer know the one thing that I hold to is doing everything I have said I would. Stay tuned ...:)
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...For he today that sheds his blood with me
shall be my brother."

Post subject: M1921 Single Shot BB Thompson
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:42 pm 
Well, sorry but it will have to be the quick-N-dirty review here. I was going to go buy another one of these kits to show you guys but ran out of time on this trip through town here (Taipei).

I'd figure I post the images before people start to think I'm just running on pure b.s. fumes.

This is (& I stand corrected), a build-up plastic model kit of a M1921 Thompson in 1:1 exact scale. What interested me in the kit was the size of the receiver is exact and made entirely of injection moulded plastic. As mentioned on the old Board, most Asian customs run real tight control on Airsoft guns, especially ones with metal receivers as in the case of TM's M1A1. But I had no problems building the receiver up (has a spring powered piston to actuate a single 6mm BB shot at a surprising 300 FPS+, ouch!), and sticking it in my luggage and getting it through some pretty tough customs there in-country.

Perhaps you can see (and I really apologize and beg you to hang with me here) that the kit has working bolt handle (although it's on top of the receiver instead of being on the RHS as in the case of the M1A1), working trigger, working safety. It also comes apart like a real Thompson, AFA the Receiver/Trigger Block as one unit, the Buttstock (though not applocable to PR's) comes off and snaps back onto the receiver, and the pistol grip as well. All just like the real steal. Pretty realistic for a build-it-yourself model kit. If you could hold this kit fully built and properly ballasted -- it even feels exactly like the real steel to handle.

By now you may be wondering: This isn't my beautiful house ala Talking Heads. BUT -- with as many clever hands as we've got on this board -- I'm willing to bet that any given craftsman here can convert this kit's receiver to the proper RHS M1A1 as you would need to build a Pulse Rifle. But hay! That's another project for another time.

I really apologize for a lowman's review here, but the receiver isn't shown saved in the kit's instructions because it is out (in a different country) to serve as sample for some work underway.

Hopefully, you can still get an idea of what all you get with this kit. But hey! You can't beat the price (NT DOLLAR 1500 or about 40 some odd US DOLLARS), and also I have never seen this kit for sale anywhere else.

Stay tune for the AEG version ( tentatively a M1927 BUT could be a M1928 ) , but I'll have to get there (to HK) first to retrieve it to show you guys. Cheers!

[img]http://www.menatarms.us/M1921%20Kit.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.menatarms.us/M1921%20Instructions.jpg[/img]
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 9/14/03 8:18 am

Post subject: Re: M1921 Single Shot BB Thompson
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:34 pm 
Hi Menatarms. That kit looks identical to one I bought here in England over a decade ago. I removed the bolt and gave it a new one on the side, like you said... added a counter circuit wired to the switch (not too difficult because it's in kit form)... and mounted the whole thing in, wait for it - a Science Shop shroud! Yep, that was the only pulse rifle available at the time. :(

I also had to saw down the magazine and hide the battery in the grenade launcher, which was non-functional. You know, I was fairly pleased with the thing while I was building it, but as I began to see how inaccurate it was, I gave up and cannibalised it for other projects. :roll:

Anyway, that Thompson kit - what's the brand name on it? The parts sprue looks identical, but mine came with the 'wood' parts moulded in brown.
Mike

Post subject: Re: M1921 Single Shot BB Thompson
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:39 am 
Howsit Mike,

That kit in this thread I wrote about is produced by some toy factory over in Taiwan. I've looked high and low and have never seen anything (even on eBay going back a couple of years atleast) like it. It has a brand but I can remember what it is. Perhaps your kit bought 10+ years ago was the OEM product by this same company.

I'm glad you were able to pull off the exact thing I talked about and your experience gives some legitimacy to my suggestion.

I wish more guys would take notice and may be I would have given a very good idea to all those who wish to build their own pulse rifle w/o having to spend too much, all the while getting a model that has a working bolt handle, working trigger, and working safety (and can shoot a single shot 6mm BB).

I will try to get more image shots of this kit in order to fully intorduce it to the guys, including the build-up, painted, and ballasted demonstrator at the shop where I bough the kit the next time I go through Taipei.

Cheers! :)
shall be my brother."Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=menatarms>MENATARMS[/url] at: 9/22/03 4:11 am