The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Snow wolf pulse rifle repaint
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:10 pm 

So ive dissasembled the gun. Leaving it functional. Heres the spas and the barrel vent repainted and weatherd. Closed up the open hole in the barrel vent. Also painted the shrouds and the trim peices as well as the stock.
Attachment:
PXL_20230404_003511931~2.jpg
PXL_20230404_003511931~2.jpg [ 1.7 MiB | Viewed 2859 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:32 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
I've moved this post to the Airsoft Arena section, which is where all Airsoft-related posts are located.

Harry

Post subject: Re: Snow wolf pulse rifle repaint
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:11 am 

propmainiac wrote:
So ive dissasembled the gun. Leaving it functional. Heres the spas and the barrel vent repainted and weatherd. Closed up the open hole in the barrel vent. Also painted the shrouds and the trim peices as well as the stock.
Attachment:
PXL_20230404_003511931~2.jpg

I have my Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle torn down as well, working on making enough room i the shroud to pull the lower receiver , and I am also working on adding a working one shot grenade launcher, and a microswitch trigger unit for the gearbox.

I really want to paint the shroud for the grenade launcher but I am concerned that the paint will come off too easily. I wish they had just molded them in black.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:16 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
You could try using permanent ink/sharpie etc to dye the plastic before you painted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:30 pm 

I started to put things back together... The pump grip was sticking to my paint and was very difficult to slide... Anyone else run into this? Didnt realize the tolerances were so tight . I warmed it with a heat gun.... Sadly i messed it up and warped it . Found another grip online. Im gonna strip off the paint and go from there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:17 pm 

Attachment:
PXL_20230410_220304320.jpg
PXL_20230410_220304320.jpg [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 2752 times ]
[attachment=1]PXL_20230410_220315510.jpg[/attachment
Hi all I just for giggles I use this 3D printed pump grip that I had with another kid it was an extra after I melted the original pump grip to make this fit I put it in very hot water for a few minutes until it's softened up enough and then I put it on my spas cage and kind of molded it around it and it just let it cool off. I have another pump grip on the way but this will be a stand-in until I get that I also polished up the ejection port cover and inserted a 3D printed grenade. Originally I only had slightly weathered The spas cage but from all the effort of trying to slide the pump grip back and forth with it being a really tight it took a lot of paint off so should I repaint this or leave as is.

PXL_20230410_220315510.jpg
PXL_20230410_220315510.jpg [ 1.03 MiB | Viewed 2752 times ]