The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 am 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Think I'll just tidy up the paint job on the shotgun shell after scratching it up a bit on my snow wolf and call it a day. Thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Snow wolf/matrix Pulse rifle upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:42 am 

Country: United Kingdom
Hi there,
New to the site.
Just bought the snow wolf M41A & it's still on uts way to me.
Found this thread and it is very useful. Looks like I've fot some work to do. I could only find a green version so knew i had to repaint the 'furniture' so will look at modding it as its in pieces.
Also plan ro weather it a little. I usually build big scale kits with a lot of scratchbuilt parts that are missing to add to the authenticity. Be interesting working on something 1:1scale.

This thread gas really helped. Thank you. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
I took mine apart the other day so I could get easier access to the barrel shroud to attach some picatinny rails, here's some pics:
https://i.imgur.com/1Z98YfQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gEFue85.jpg

Anyway as I was putting it back together I noticed I'd lost a couple of tiny little rectangular 'nuts' that the screws of the metal plates screw into, does anyone know what size etc they are so I can get some more? absolutely can not find them anywhere. Might have hoovered them up.

The parts that these screws screw into:
https://i.imgur.com/Tttj7uu.jpg
I didn't realize there were little metal nuts hidden inside the plastic, but alas I need more, what size etc are they / anyone got a quick ebay link for a pack of more?

Also, I'm pretty sure this screw was somewhere inside the gun but after re-assembly I was left with it and no idea where it goes:
https://i.imgur.com/oKkPhu0.jpg
(the long black one)

Also this screw no longer screws into anything, did I lose another nut somewhere?
https://i.imgur.com/4HMwrMK.jpg

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Snow wolf/matrix Pulse rifle upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 pm 
User avatar

Location: Louisiana
Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
Country: United States
I like that picatinny rail idea. Has anybody attempted the Alien 5 pulse rifle yet? I might have to have a go at it.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Snow wolf/matrix Pulse rifle upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:16 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Echo4890 wrote:
I like that picatinny rail idea. Has anybody attempted the Alien 5 pulse rifle yet? I might have to have a go at it.

Image


I was actually planning to add a rail to the top like that, didn't know that existed - I've got a few rails I was going to try it with but I was hesitant to make holes in the plastic, but after taking my snow wolf apart now I'm ok with it, I can always just buy another 'clean' one.

https://i.imgur.com/CTuxdfD.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Snow wolf/matrix Pulse rifle upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm 

Country: United Kingdom
Ive got a few mods planned for mine.
Front and rear sling attachments
Fitting 30mm granade in the chamber and modding the end plate so held in by just allen bolts (current thinking anyway)
Trigger for granade launcher.

This is currently my plan. However really like the new rail and red dot lazer site? Youce fitted, lookes like an updated model. Any tips on zeperating plastics would be much appreciated.
Nice work.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:46 pm 
User avatar

Location: Louisiana
Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
Country: United States
I might have to try the Alien 5 whenever I get the time to start and be done with mine. Does anyone know if a Matsuo, SD, or HCG shroud will fit on the Snow Wolf? I'm planning out what I'm going to be working on for it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Any of you guys know what the little screw nuts are for the metal plates? are they M2 sized? I have no idea how I managed to lose two of them, plus whatever the big M3 or M4 screw in the rear goes into, but alas I need to get more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Snow wolf/matrix Pulse rifle upgrades
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:51 am 

Location: U.S.A.
Country: United States
paradoxum wrote:
Echo4890 wrote:
I like that picatinny rail idea. Has anybody attempted the Alien 5 pulse rifle yet? I might have to have a go at it.

Image


I was actually planning to add a rail to the top like that, didn't know that existed - I've got a few rails I was going to try it with but I was hesitant to make holes in the plastic, but after taking my snow wolf apart now I'm ok with it, I can always just buy another 'clean' one.

https://i.imgur.com/CTuxdfD.jpg


I did an Aliens 5 like mod, where I out a PEQ box replica/ battery box on the right side mounted to a picatinny rail and the side of the barrel vent, and also a picatinny rail bolted to the centerpiece of the “carry handle”, so I can mount either a 2 or 3 magnification by 42mm red dot scope. I dont have a flash suppressor on the front or a picatinny rail over the barrel.

My setup is more of a full-on skirmishable upgrade, than for screen/canon accuracy though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 am 

Location: U.S.A.
Country: United States
paradoxum wrote:
I took mine apart the other day so I could get easier access to the barrel shroud to attach some picatinny rails, here's some pics:
https://i.imgur.com/1Z98YfQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gEFue85.jpg

Anyway as I was putting it back together I noticed I'd lost a couple of tiny little rectangular 'nuts' that the screws of the metal plates screw into, does anyone know what size etc they are so I can get some more? absolutely can not find them anywhere. Might have hoovered them up.

The parts that these screws screw into:
https://i.imgur.com/Tttj7uu.jpg
I didn't realize there were little metal nuts hidden inside the plastic, but alas I need more, what size etc are they / anyone got a quick ebay link for a pack of more?

Also, I'm pretty sure this screw was somewhere inside the gun but after re-assembly I was left with it and no idea where it goes:
https://i.imgur.com/oKkPhu0.jpg
(the long black one)

Also this screw no longer screws into anything, did I lose another nut somewhere?
https://i.imgur.com/4HMwrMK.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The bolts that go in the magwell plates should be able to be found at any decent hardware store, even with the allen head. I actually found replacement screws and bolts for all of the peices on the gun in my local hardware store. I even changed the Philips head screws that keep the two peices of the shroud together near the carry handle to an appropriate sized allen head as well (which is screen accurate btw).

The self tapping screw that you showed is not any screw that I have seen in mine, unless it is the one that goes in the back half of the SPAS cage/grenade launcher, just under the shroud.

There is a metal fitting that has a nut/threading in it that the U clamp bolt screws imto the lower receiver with. Its SOP that the first time that you take the lower receiver off that you need to crazy glue that fitting/nut to the lower receiver. Yours has probably made its way loose, do you hear any rattling?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:32 am 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
I took mine apart the other day so I could get easier access to the barrel shroud to attach some picatinny rails, here's some pics:
https://i.imgur.com/1Z98YfQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gEFue85.jpg

Anyway as I was putting it back together I noticed I'd lost a couple of tiny little rectangular 'nuts' that the screws of the metal plates screw into, does anyone know what size etc they are so I can get some more? absolutely can not find them anywhere. Might have hoovered them up.

The parts that these screws screw into:
https://i.imgur.com/Tttj7uu.jpg
I didn't realize there were little metal nuts hidden inside the plastic, but alas I need more, what size etc are they / anyone got a quick ebay link for a pack of more?

Also, I'm pretty sure this screw was somewhere inside the gun but after re-assembly I was left with it and no idea where it goes:
https://i.imgur.com/oKkPhu0.jpg
(the long black one)

Also this screw no longer screws into anything, did I lose another nut somewhere?
https://i.imgur.com/4HMwrMK.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The bolts that go in the magwell plates should be able to be found at any decent hardware store, even with the allen head. I actually found replacement screws and bolts for all of the peices on the gun in my local hardware store. I even changed the Philips head screws that keep the two peices of the shroud together near the carry handle to an appropriate sized allen head as well (which is screen accurate btw).

The self tapping screw that you showed is not any screw that I have seen in mine, unless it is the one that goes in the back half of the SPAS cage/grenade launcher, just under the shroud.

There is a metal fitting that has a nut/threading in it that the U clamp bolt screws imto the lower receiver with. Its SOP that the first time that you take the lower receiver off that you need to crazy glue that fitting/nut to the lower receiver. Yours has probably made its way loose, do you hear any rattling?


I heard a bunch of rattling when taking it apart which is probably the missing nuts. What I'm looking for though is the exact size of them that I should be looking for on ebay, like, are they M2 rectangular nuts? M1? they are so tiny, I don't know and it's hard to measure I was hoping someone here just 'knew' what size etc they were.

Thanks man.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 pm 

Location: U.S.A.
Country: United States
paradoxum wrote:
Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
I took mine apart the other day so I could get easier access to the barrel shroud to attach some picatinny rails, here's some pics:
https://i.imgur.com/1Z98YfQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gEFue85.jpg

Anyway as I was putting it back together I noticed I'd lost a couple of tiny little rectangular 'nuts' that the screws of the metal plates screw into, does anyone know what size etc they are so I can get some more? absolutely can not find them anywhere. Might have hoovered them up.

The parts that these screws screw into:
https://i.imgur.com/Tttj7uu.jpg
I didn't realize there were little metal nuts hidden inside the plastic, but alas I need more, what size etc are they / anyone got a quick ebay link for a pack of more?

Also, I'm pretty sure this screw was somewhere inside the gun but after re-assembly I was left with it and no idea where it goes:
https://i.imgur.com/oKkPhu0.jpg
(the long black one)

Also this screw no longer screws into anything, did I lose another nut somewhere?
https://i.imgur.com/4HMwrMK.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The bolts that go in the magwell plates should be able to be found at any decent hardware store, even with the allen head. I actually found replacement screws and bolts for all of the peices on the gun in my local hardware store. I even changed the Philips head screws that keep the two peices of the shroud together near the carry handle to an appropriate sized allen head as well (which is screen accurate btw).

The self tapping screw that you showed is not any screw that I have seen in mine, unless it is the one that goes in the back half of the SPAS cage/grenade launcher, just under the shroud.

There is a metal fitting that has a nut/threading in it that the U clamp bolt screws imto the lower receiver with. Its SOP that the first time that you take the lower receiver off that you need to crazy glue that fitting/nut to the lower receiver. Yours has probably made its way loose, do you hear any rattling?


I heard a bunch of rattling when taking it apart which is probably the missing nuts. What I'm looking for though is the exact size of them that I should be looking for on ebay, like, are they M2 rectangular nuts? M1? they are so tiny, I don't know and it's hard to measure I was hoping someone here just 'knew' what size etc they were.

Thanks man.


I have to dig up some of the bolt/screw bags to figure the thickness and pitch.

Unless you are just Jonesing to buy something on eBay, youd most likely find what you need at a local hardware store. Its better to go that route because you can put your MK I ocular arrays on the item, point blank, and match it to the hardware that you have from the kit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Nothing really like that around here other than a huge B&Q about 30mins drive away, I get all my tools and stuff from ebay/amazon usually.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm 
User avatar

Location: devon, uk
Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
Country: United Kingdom
I had to buy replacements for the side plates, im sure they were m2/m3 dome head bolts. Should be able to measure one easy enough with a rule.

_________________
Happy Happy, Joy Joy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:13 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Finished the rail attachments to the front and added a decent peq-15 box and torch with switch attached near the trigger with sticky back velcro:

https://imgur.com/a/DzljO7I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 pm 

Country: United Kingdom
Whamhammer wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
I took mine apart the other day so I could get easier access to the barrel shroud to attach some picatinny rails, here's some pics:
https://i.imgur.com/1Z98YfQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gEFue85.jpg

Anyway as I was putting it back together I noticed I'd lost a couple of tiny little rectangular 'nuts' that the screws of the metal plates screw into, does anyone know what size etc they are so I can get some more? absolutely can not find them anywhere. Might have hoovered them up.

The parts that these screws screw into:
https://i.imgur.com/Tttj7uu.jpg
I didn't realize there were little metal nuts hidden inside the plastic, but alas I need more, what size etc are they / anyone got a quick ebay link for a pack of more?

Also, I'm pretty sure this screw was somewhere inside the gun but after re-assembly I was left with it and no idea where it goes:
https://i.imgur.com/oKkPhu0.jpg
(the long black one)

Also this screw no longer screws into anything, did I lose another nut somewhere?
https://i.imgur.com/4HMwrMK.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The bolts that go in the magwell plates should be able to be found at any decent hardware store, even with the allen head. I actually found replacement screws and bolts for all of the peices on the gun in my local hardware store. I even changed the Philips head screws that keep the two peices of the shroud together near the carry handle to an appropriate sized allen head as well (which is screen accurate btw).

The self tapping screw that you showed is not any screw that I have seen in mine, unless it is the one that goes in the back half of the SPAS cage/grenade launcher, just under the shroud.

There is a metal fitting that has a nut/threading in it that the U clamp bolt screws imto the lower receiver with. Its SOP that the first time that you take the lower receiver off that you need to crazy glue that fitting/nut to the lower receiver. Yours has probably made its way loose, do you hear any rattling?



Yup, ill be changing mine, il measure them and try to get them via ebay as locally the hardware placs are B&Q type places and never get what i need. I'm building s couple of D:44 Bllasters (Han Solo type) and refitting it with the proper hardware and managed to buy all from ebay so fat. Allen screw look much better and more autherntic.

size wise they are M 1- M10 std sizes for most aplications for arguments sake M being the diameter of the bolt in millimeters, so M2x8mm is a 2mm diameter bolt and 8mm long. FWIW they look like either M1- m2 without removing one, ill replace mine and post up a pic indicating which sizes and lengths go where when i get a chance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:33 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
anyone know what size picatinny rail to get for bolting onto the top? I can't really think of how it'll work attaching it, would you bolt it down to the bit of plastic in the middle that is separate from the two main side panels?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:56 pm 
User avatar

Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
Country: United States
paradoxum wrote:
anyone know what size picatinny rail to get for bolting onto the top? I can't really think of how it'll work attaching it, would you bolt it down to the bit of plastic in the middle that is separate from the two main side panels?


I'd look at AR15/M16 Carrying handle scope mounts, it looks like one of those.

_________________
Image

USCM Expeditionary Force - Minnesota Region:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/224001081462511/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3275907 ... b201603_52

this looks like the job? bolt into the bit of plastic between the carry handle maybe with some spacers and a longer bolt should be perfect.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 pm 
User avatar

Location: Louisiana
Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
Country: United States
That would def. work. Wouldn't be able to set the rail inside the groove so you'd need a thin riser like that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:01 pm 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Already ordered it and waiting on delivery now, will post pics when I get / install it and stick my EoTech holo replica sight onto it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 am 

Location: U.S.A.
Country: United States
Erik_MAA wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
anyone know what size picatinny rail to get for bolting onto the top? I can't really think of how it'll work attaching it, would you bolt it down to the bit of plastic in the middle that is separate from the two main side panels?


I'd look at AR15/M16 Carrying handle scope mounts, it looks like one of those.


Not without a buttload of grinding down the lower pieces for it to fit, the carry handle on the M16/AR 15 is angled, so the rail mount is angled in the opposite direction; then theres the bolt on the bottom....

People, just go buy a metal picatinny rail kit, drill a hole in the center peice of the carry handle, run the mounting screw upside down and tighten the picatinny rail down with a nut, its the easiest thing to to do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 am 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Whamhammer wrote:
Erik_MAA wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
anyone know what size picatinny rail to get for bolting onto the top? I can't really think of how it'll work attaching it, would you bolt it down to the bit of plastic in the middle that is separate from the two main side panels?


I'd look at AR15/M16 Carrying handle scope mounts, it looks like one of those.


Not without a buttload of grinding down the lower pieces for it to fit, the carry handle on the M16/AR 15 is angled, so the rail mount is angled in the opposite direction; then theres the bolt on the bottom....

People, just go buy a metal picatinny rail kit, drill a hole in the center peice of the carry handle, run the mounting screw upside down and tighten the picatinny rail down with a nut, its the easiest thing to to do.


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3275907 ... b201603_52

so will this work? with a longer bolt to screw into the plastic in the middle of the carry handle.

already bought it, it's cheap as chips anyway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:34 am 

Location: U.S.A.
Country: United States
Whamhammer wrote:
Erik_MAA wrote:
paradoxum wrote:
anyone know what size picatinny rail to get for bolting onto the top? I can't really think of how it'll work attaching it, would you bolt it down to the bit of plastic in the middle that is separate from the two main side panels?

I'd look at AR15/M16 Carrying handle scope mounts, it looks like one of those.


Not without a buttload of grinding down the lower pieces for it to fit, the carry handle on the M16/AR 15 is angled, so the rail mount is angled in the opposite direction; then theres the bolt on the bottom....

People, just go buy a metal picatinny rail kit, drill a hole in the center peice of the carry handle, run the mounting screw upside down and tighten the picatinny rail down with a nut, its the easiest thing to to do.


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3275907 ... b201603_52

so will this work? with a longer bolt to screw into the plastic in the middle of the carry handle.

already bought it, it's cheap as chips anyway.


Thats what I was warning against using. Think about this, how are you going to tighten down that bolt into the handles centerpiece? Not easily .


What I suggest is on the lines of this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07RHZFQ ... UTF8&psc=1

Find a bolt and two nuts to fit the rail between the centerpiece and the rail, drill hole in rail, put bolt in from the bottom of the centerpiece, tighten down bolt with nut on the outside of the centerpiece, put on picatinny rail, put last nut in hole for rail and tighten down. Easy, peasey, lemon-squeazie!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:52 am 
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Thats what I was warning against using. Think about this, how are you going to tighten down that bolt into the handles centerpiece? Not easily .


with a longer bolt which is what I said? would that not work?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: